CHALLENGE # 39 JANUARY 2014

This post has 496 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,524
Points 24,450
Berkenstock wrote
on 15 Jan 2014 1:18 PM

Christina your seascape looks very angry and is beautiful.  I do think the two birds should have been whiter because they kind of get lost in all the motion of the sea.  This is a picture that grabs your attention and you spend a lot of time just looking at it. Nice job

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,524
Points 24,450
Berkenstock wrote
on 15 Jan 2014 1:44 PM

The flower is very pretty Claudia. nice bright colors that sticks out from the background.  There is a couple of places that gets lost because of lack of contrast (the bottom of the flower and the dark parts that stick up).  This may be caused by the camera or you were trying to get lost edges.  If this is the case please disregard my comments

.As others and yourself had mentioned you had some trouble with the horse.  We all have those days where our hand doesn't want to do what we tell it or our eye doesn't see what is really there but he is very active and looks like he is having fun running..

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,524
Points 24,450
Berkenstock wrote
on 15 Jan 2014 1:52 PM

Jen you painting of the kids possibly brother and sister walking the dog down a snowy lane is great.  Great afternoon shadows.  A little bit of pink that a late sun cast on the snow might be neat but it is beautiful the way is

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,156
Points 23,215
jcurry wrote
on 15 Jan 2014 2:07 PM

My interpretation of the squirrel. Pastel on apricot tinted paper.

Jan

C & C Welcome

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,794
Points 22,250
E.D. wrote
on 15 Jan 2014 4:09 PM

Geri,Geri, you made me laugh. I had been drawing from the picture of the horses that was posted that I didn't notice that the tail looked like something coming out of it's butt. I will have to correct it by making the tail thicker. And as for the medium. Cheap colored pencils is all that I have room for, so I will have to continue using what I can. Please for give me. Right now I am only drawing in my sketch book. Thank you so much for the advice. I do have my water color pencils with me and my pastel pencils. And I did bring my acrylics too when I can get a chance to paint. And advice is always welcome.

Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 130
Penelope1 wrote
on 15 Jan 2014 4:59 PM

Love the photos! My take was to use the simplest way to make this so pretty guy to come alive!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 575
Points 9,145
NealeyPea wrote
on 15 Jan 2014 6:23 PM

Hi Cristina!  I also love your newest painting of the sea & gulls.  You said you miss the beach - did you live on a coast somewhere?

Hello Liz!  I like how you darkened up your second drawing of the horse & barn.  You seem to have more freedom with the marker and it shows!  Bolder and more decisive maybe....

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 575
Points 9,145
NealeyPea wrote
on 15 Jan 2014 6:29 PM

Hello Jan!  What a nice squirrel you drew.  He looks so soft!

Hello Penelope!  Nice to meet you!Big Smile  You also did a good rendition of the squirrel.  You didn't say but I'm guessing it is CP  (colored pencils)?  Hope to see you more!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 15 Jan 2014 8:25 PM

Jan, your squirrel is so well done.  I like the warm tones on him and his yellow nose.  As already mention, it is a soft painting and well drawn squirrel.

Penelope, another nice squirrel.   He looks like he's nervous to be balancing on that thin line.  He's very cute and you did a good job.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 130
Penelope1 wrote
on 15 Jan 2014 8:33 PM

Yea it is CP. Thanks for the comment!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,524
Points 24,450
Berkenstock wrote
on 15 Jan 2014 11:11 PM

Liz your tree is very abstract.  At first glance it didn't appear to be a tree but after the second look it sticks out like a sore thumb.  It has a good composition with good eye travel.  I like the muted color too. Very nice

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 992
Points 14,430
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 15 Jan 2014 11:11 PM

Cristina, wonderful perspective in Follow Me. You have the best blue colour with the splashing white water. This is full of motion. Love it.

Liz, I especially like your second post with the additional colour. It's great that you put the horse with the barn together. Nice work with the pastel and ink.

Jan, your squirrel has great soft fur and a personality. I like the colours you used especially the touch of blue in the background. Your metal ring he is grasping is great. Your choice of coloured paper has worked well for this piece.  

Penelope, welcome to the forum and I'm so glad you did the squirrel as well. Your squirrel has a very stylized look, very smooth and feminine. Good work with the CP. 

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,524
Points 24,450
Berkenstock wrote
on 15 Jan 2014 11:13 PM

Jan beautiful painting of a beautiful bird.  Your Dad would like it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,524
Points 24,450
Berkenstock wrote
on 15 Jan 2014 11:17 PM

Nice landscape of the barn Joyce.  I think probably some birds or clouds would have help break up the sky and made it a little more interesting.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,524
Points 24,450
Berkenstock wrote
on 15 Jan 2014 11:24 PM

Anne very nice little WC landscape.  Welcome to thegroup.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Page 21 of 34 (497 items) « First ...  < Previous  19 20 21 22 23  Next >  ... Last » | RSS