CHALLENGE # 39 JANUARY 2014

This post has 496 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,285
Points 79,830
on 6 Jan 2014 8:11 PM

Catherine, thank you for sharing your horses study, you did a great job!

Cristina

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 728
Points 12,260
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 6 Jan 2014 8:21 PM

Claudia what a nice painting and a story go along with it.  Your birds are beautiful  

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 6 Jan 2014 8:22 PM

Claudia, what a lovely and delicate painting of the sparrows.  The birds, the tree and the sky look great.

There will be a lot of snuggling over this cold night.  I bet there will be a lot of births nine months from now.

Cristina, it's interesting that you didn't apply color to the skater yet created such a dynamic background to set her off.  The gesture, the skirt and the background all create a nice sense of movement.  This painting is lovely.

I like how the "sun" colors light up the trees and continue to the bottom of the painting in Sunny Night.  The snow looks real good.  This is an interesting piece.  It is almost abstract although it's easy to recognize the trees.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 959
Points 13,935
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 6 Jan 2014 8:35 PM

Joyce, love your "Bird of Paradise". You have used lots of different shades of colours and your shaping is very good. It brings the flower to life.

Jan, I'm so glad you are able to post in the forum now. Your horses are beautiful. The yellow adds a nice glow and I also like how you did the snow around their legs.

Claudia, your little sparrows are so nice and soft looking. The blue background is perfect. Great story from the poem, and I think I have a husband who could be Franz and large cat who could be Erich, not sure if they are as cute though.

Cristina, your "Sunny Night" has a lovely glow through the forest with the darkness closing in. And your "Passion" skate is very dramatic and passionate.  The reflection of her skate on the ice is superb.  

Thank you so much Judy, Sarah, Joyce, Karen and Kim for your comments on my painting.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,285
Points 79,830
on 6 Jan 2014 9:22 PM

Bonnie, what a wonderful winter scene with such beautiful vivid colors, love the blue, great job!

Cristina

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 6 Jan 2014 9:26 PM

Cristina, you have a good sense of movement in both ptgs.. I esp. like the trees with its sense of mystery and glow.

Geri - Thanks; SO sorry to hear of lil' Pete's demise...very  sad.

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,285
Points 79,830
on 6 Jan 2014 9:34 PM

Shelley,lovely abstract painting,beautiful choice of colors and patterns!

Cristina

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,442
Points 23,155
Berkenstock wrote
on 7 Jan 2014 1:24 AM

Cristina your skater is just great.  It shows a lot of movement and how much she gets into skating.  She must love it.

My Cousins daughter skated for Disney On Ice for a year but didn't like all the touring and dropped out.  I think she misses it now but with three kids it would be imposable.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 7 Jan 2014 2:03 AM

Kim, Geri, Jen, Joyce, Sam, Bonnie, thank you so much for commenting on my sparrow drawing.

Cristina, nice expressive and dynamic skater painting. Love the colors on your second painting, nice warm glow in the cold winter scene.

Geri, sorry about your dog:(

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 7 Jan 2014 6:43 AM

HOLY COW!    some really amazing works of art here and everyone has been so busy....

My goodness.  it will take forever to catch up. 

well first

Claudia I love the birds I wish I was Hans,  they are delicate and beautiful

JAN:  and your horses are perfect for a ride in the powdery snow.  with their winter coats... lovely job.Claudia,  good for you helping out

Sarah,  Your Waxwing has such beautiful markings.  and the background is great,  I could go for some berries about now. the kids skating is absolutely darling,  the expressions as well as the physical expressions is spot on.  great job.I also love the Mountain scene,  almost looks like yosemite in the winter with half dome in the back ground except it would be turned around...  beautiful snow job on this one.... no pun intended

Catherine your horse studies are great.   we have many herds of wild mustangs here in Nevada.

Cristina,  your ice skater is so lovely with such expression with her hands and the delicate outfit she is wearing and the placement of her skates,,,  outstanding... and the winter scene looks as cold as it must be back east... my heart goes out to everyone there

Joyce I love the BIRD...   as well as the breed... it is paradise.... do you use frogs tape?

Bonnie,,, using your back cover page is LOL....very pretty,  I like the warm glow of the sun  on the branches.   with acrylics you can paint on anything...!

Jen, adorable sketch of the kids walking the dog,   last I heard it was you walking the dog....   tee hee.   This will make a lovely painting.  with colorful snow.  it will probably have a yellow mark as well right?

Karen you too have captured the warm sunlight and snow on the branches as well as the cool shadow in the foreground.  good job.

Alex again as I said before,  I can lay down and look up through the beautiful and delicate branches to see the cotton flecked sky above.   beautiful

If I missed anyone,  i will slap the back of my hand....  

I have received a couple more cards in the mail and am still waiting on one more.  thank you guys.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 7 Jan 2014 6:48 AM

yup,  I forgot Shelly..

Shelly,   your painterly app is a fun thing,   are you using an iPad or Elements on your computer.   I noticed you posted some digital works on the chatter as well they are very very loverly.

Geri,  I can't go without saying what a nice self portrait you are using for your avatar... hmmmm   yup  nice.

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 7 Jan 2014 6:54 AM

With the Olympics coming up and Bonnie's other favorite pasttime  I thought I would do this for Bonnie. 

I might add that it was just announced here in Las Vegas that the Orleans Casio (which has an ice rink) has just started a curling program.    I wish I had the time to go and watch....

this is a watercolor centered on 9x12 arches 140 lb   just a quickie.   but you get the drift... hmmmm drift,,, I hope you are all not buried in them back east and up north...  and in Canada......

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 80
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 7 Jan 2014 7:41 AM

Marsha, beautiful curling painting, I love the perspective and the long shadows and all things going on.

We're having the warmest tempertures since weather was recorded.Feels like Spring here. I would send some warm tempertures if I could.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,285
Points 79,830
on 7 Jan 2014 8:14 AM

Sam, Bonnie, Kim, Geri, Claudia, Marsha thank you all for so encouraging and beautiful comments, greatly appreciated!

Cristina

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,285
Points 79,830
on 7 Jan 2014 8:18 AM

Marsha, how wonderful scene, love the movement, the light and shadows, the choice of colors,everything!

Cristina

Page 9 of 34 (497 items) « First ...  < Previous  7 8 9 10 11  Next >  ... Last » | RSS