CHALLENGE # 39 JANUARY 2014

This post has 495 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 1 Jan 2014 11:16 AM

Sam and Bonnie, thank you for your kind and generous comments about my exercise! Yes, this was done with WC pencils.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 491
Points 7,390
karend84 wrote
on 1 Jan 2014 11:43 AM

Bonnie great job on the picture selections.  I hope I can find the time to paint.  One more Holiday dinner today then I only have work to interup my painting.

Alex,  I like the absract feel of your snowy trees.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 370
Points 8,105
Claudia S. wrote
on 1 Jan 2014 2:30 PM

Thank you, Bonnie for posting so many pictures. I have my eye on a few, see if this month I can actually do some.

The snow on brach painting looks very interesting, Alex.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,775
Turps245 wrote
on 1 Jan 2014 2:40 PM

Alex, I think you succeeded in what you were imagining. It looks like snow on branches and also makes an interesting abstract. A good piece to start us off for the year! 

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 1 Jan 2014 5:31 PM

Happy New Year again.... 

Alex.  I can imagine myself laying in a clover patch under a tree and looking up at the sky....  you did a great job...

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 1 Jan 2014 5:55 PM

Thank you, Karen, Jen, Claudia, and Marsha for your comment on my humble snowy branches detail. 

Alex

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 436
Points 3,920
jatravis wrote
on 1 Jan 2014 7:29 PM

B.J. - these are just wonderful photos - I hope you don't mind - I tried to draw your father with his new grandson - I loved his face....he reminds me of my grandfather who also came from Canada & had indian heritage. ..unfortunately, I started drawing this on a piece of paper without thinking about the size so it isn't finished due to lack of paper! 

Judy   C&C appreciated

• | Post Points: 80
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 404
Points 6,160
NealeyPea wrote
on 1 Jan 2014 8:11 PM

Hello Bonnie!  This is a great selection of photos AND you are a great photographer!  I'm trying to be more prolific (like Fred!) and you have some good photos for my ONE A DAY!  I thought you would include a photo of you & your friends curling.... Stick out tongue

Alex ~ Good for you getting in the very first challenge painting of the new year.  It is a beautiful WC with so many nuances of snow.  Similar to Japanese style, I think.

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 1 Jan 2014 8:24 PM

Judy, it's good to hear from you and see your work.  It's been a while.  Your portrait drawing shows a lot of personality and is very expressive.  I like the look of delight on granddaddy's face as well as the wrinkles - your values are good there.  Baby looks so contented in granddaddy's arms.  This is a very nice drawing.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 1 Jan 2014 10:06 PM

Judy, this is a great sketch of my Dad and Ethan. You have captured Dad's twinkle in his eye and his smile. And yes, Ethan does look very content. I'm so pleased you chose this one to do.

Nealey, thank you for your comments on the photos. I had thought about a curling photo but it was a little hard to co-ordinate.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 1 Jan 2014 10:54 PM

Judy, this is a lovely pencil drawing of Bonnie's dad with his great-grandson - such a heartwarming picture.

Nealey, thank you for your very kind comment about my snow exercise.

Alex

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 491
Points 7,390
karend84 wrote
on 1 Jan 2014 11:43 PM

Judy a wonderful drawing.  I agree that Grandaddy has a joyous look and the baby is very content to be in his arms.  Great job.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 1 Jan 2014 11:46 PM

Judy what a nice drawing of Bonnies dad and great-grandson.  I would fade out the edges of the back ground and call it done.  Very good job.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,775
Turps245 wrote
on 2 Jan 2014 12:07 AM

Judy, this is a wonderfully expressive drawing. You captured have the Grandfather's joy and the baby's innocent contentment. I agree with Gerri just fade it out and call it done. Excellent job.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 2 Jan 2014 4:34 AM

Alexandra what a nice watercolor close up. I'm curious to know how big this is.

Judy your drawing of the grandfather and baby is very expressive.  I really like the textures in his shirt too. You can feel the joy the grandfather is experiencing with his grandchild. Very nice.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Page 2 of 34 (496 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS