Challenge #38 - December 2013

This post has 401 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 728
Points 12,260
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 3 Jan 2014 6:58 AM

Nealey, your 4 season painting is nice, it is so easy to look at it calms your down and makes me think of sweet things. You should frame it. 

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 524
Points 8,200
NealeyPea wrote
on 3 Jan 2014 6:02 PM

Bonnie & Joyce ~ Thanks for commenting on my WC version of Pissarro. You are both too kind.  It looks good to me from 2 rooms away, postage stamp size. ROFL!  I won't frame it but I'll tack it up on my bulletin board with the others next to my desk.

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 728
Points 12,260
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 3 Jan 2014 6:56 PM

Newley you made me laugh "tack" it up on your bulletin board I have most of my painting stacked in a corner and under my bed,

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 524
Points 8,200
NealeyPea wrote
on 3 Jan 2014 8:19 PM

Joyce Lydia:

Nealey you made me laugh "tack" it up on your bulletin board I have most of my painting stacked in a corner and under my bed,

Joyce, dig your art from under your bed and wallpaper your living room with it all!  Rejoice!!  Rejoyce!!

Nealey

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,450
Points 23,345
Berkenstock wrote
on 3 Jan 2014 8:34 PM

NealeyPea:
Rejoyce

Good one Nealy

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,421
Points 81,185
on 3 Jan 2014 10:24 PM

Geri, what a lovely drawing, they are so cute,great job!

Cristina

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,421
Points 81,185
on 3 Jan 2014 10:27 PM

Nealey I love your painting, you should be proud of it, it's wonderful, you did great!

Cristina

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 645
Points 10,365
karend84 wrote
on 3 Jan 2014 11:56 PM

Nealy I agree with everyone I like your version of pissarros winter four seasons very much.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 524
Points 8,200
NealeyPea wrote
on 4 Jan 2014 6:18 PM

Cristina & Karen ~ Thank you for looking at & commenting on my Pissarro copy.  I haven't given up on these Impressionists yet!!  Something about them fascinates me.Smile

Nealey

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,143
Points 22,710
jcurry wrote
on 6 Jan 2014 9:55 AM

Sorry, I just now found an app to resize this for the December challenge. It was too big to upload when I tried back in December. Pastel on black paper.

Jan

C & C Welcome

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 6 Jan 2014 10:24 AM

Jan, it's never too late to post on any of the monthly Challenges.  I love your daisy with butterfly.  You were wise to select black paper and it appears that you wisely allowed the black paper to be part of the shadows on the flower and butterfly.  The tint of yellow on the butterfly sets him off nicely and the variety of shades of yellows on the flower center are very appealing.  Nice work.

I tried to do this one in pen and ink last week and was not able to see the fine detail as I worked.  My doctor said my cataract should be ready for surgery this year and I have an appointment with him in April.  I may try to move that up if possible.  I plan to try again later today and use the magnifying contraption that I can wear on my head and pull down the magnifier when needed.  It's not high quality and not real clear but I'll try.  Wish me luck.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,143
Points 22,710
jcurry wrote
on 6 Jan 2014 11:38 AM

Sam, thank you for your kind comments! Cataract huh, that could be a bonus. There used to be a fellow on here that said he was legally blind in one eye and he produced the most beautiful grape paintings. It can be very frustrating I'm sure. Maybe your magnifier will work for you until you are able to have the surgery. Don't give up! 

Jan

C & C Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,450
Points 23,345
Berkenstock wrote
on 6 Jan 2014 5:13 PM

Sam I know what you mean my cataracts are really starting to bother me.  especially driving at night.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 981
Points 14,300
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 6 Jan 2014 8:57 PM

Jan, I saw your daisy and butterfly on the gallery and am glad you posted it here. I really like the butterfly and especially it's body. I think that is a tricky part to get right and yours is right on. It is very nice.

Sam and Geri, sorry about your cataracts. I had a great grandmother and grandmother who had cataracts so am hoping I don't get them. The upside is that they are operable. My great grandmother had one done when she was in her 70's and they thought that was enough at her age. She had the other one done when she was in her 80's. The operation had become simpler by then. Good luck with your magnifying contraption.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 524
Points 8,200
NealeyPea wrote
on 7 Jan 2014 6:33 PM

Jan ~ I'm glad you got to post this here!  It is a great painting of the daisy with moth.  The black paper worked well & your petals are wonderful!

Nealey

Page 26 of 27 (402 items) « First ...  < Previous  23 24 25 26 27  Next > | RSS