Challenge #38 - December 2013

This post has 401 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 29 Dec 2013 10:15 PM

Jan:   Welcome Welcome….   what a beautiful rendition of the Swan and her cygnets very dramatic with the cropping…  I like it very much.   very nice pastel work.   

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 29 Dec 2013 10:22 PM

Jen:  who is the painting from in the lower right hand corner?  Glad your back in one piece…. 

I will try to post the photos folks have made of the cards they received  in the Gallery for the November Card Challenge.   apparently I haven't received all of mine yet…  

Liz to answer your message,  No I haven't seen it yet but the mail has been all messed up do to weather conditions.   I just got two more yesterday in the mail.   

Joyce: I too enjoyed your origami envelope.   I did those last year.  yours were more conformed,  mine were weird… rectangles are not easy for eps.   

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 29 Dec 2013 10:44 PM

Alex:   thank you That was a time when I could find time to do more paintings.   now....  well not so much....

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 947
Points 17,140
jcurry wrote
on 29 Dec 2013 10:52 PM

Thank you, Charlie.

Jan

C & C Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,726
Points 44,905
Turps245 wrote
on 30 Dec 2013 2:20 AM

Marsha, Cards are as follows:

top from left:  Claudia, Susanrae, Joyce and Kim

Middle:  Bonnie, Sammy, Liz, And Alex

bottom:  Gerri, Marsha, Karin, Nealey, Sarah and Cindy

Still missing Cristina. Hopefully hers will come on Monday.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 30 Dec 2013 5:52 AM

Yes, cards are still coming in ... Three in the last couple of days including Leticia's, which was an international mailing. I, too, noticed that it took quite a while for cards traversing hard-hit weather areas to arrive. Receiving all of these wonderful and personal pieces of art was one of the highlights of the season.

Sam, don't give up on me! I'm still working on art for December and apologize for being so behind schedule.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 30 Dec 2013 6:44 AM

Jen:  thank you for the list of names…  reason I was asking is I didn't have that card by Cindy posted in the Gallery and wondered.

Cindy:  did you post that particular painting?    I looked all over for it to put into the gallery and I couldn't find it.  I don't know if i'm losing it or not….  tee hee    …  It is lovely and I would certainly love to see it posted.   

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 947
Points 17,140
jcurry wrote
on 30 Dec 2013 8:43 AM

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments about my first challenge attempt and for the encouraging "welcomes"! I am not sure if I have chosen the correct way to respond. Should I reply to individual comments or reply to the beginning of the challenge like this? I have to admit that I have also learned a new word, cygnets.  LOL! Guess one is never too old to learn. After scrolling through this forum I must say that all of you are very talented and have produced some beautiful works. Hopefully I will be able to participate again.

Jan

C & C Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 30 Dec 2013 8:50 AM

Jan, you responded to those who commented on your work just fine. Keep the artwork coming.  We all look forward to getting to know you better and seeing your art.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 30 Dec 2013 8:52 AM

OMG, I didn't know that Cindy and Kim were exchanging cards.  Sorry to have missed those because you are both great artists.  Does the card exchange have to be from work done for the Challenge? I didn't know that either.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 721
Points 12,170
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 30 Dec 2013 12:45 PM

I'm sure if someone would like to send you or "ME" a card at any time they could do so and that would that be nice  Sammy you are the best, I'm sure I missed a few that were exchanging cards my email is a mess some emails do go into my inbox some go into a junk email box and then some goes into my globalserve junk box.  I did send out as many as I have addresses for if I missed anyone please send me another note with your address and I would love to send you a winter card. 

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,451
Points 71,485
on 30 Dec 2013 6:30 PM

Hello again my dear artist friends,

Here I am with one more painting for this wonderful challenge...I've really enjoyed to paint this flower and the butterfly and hopefully this will fit well in the December challenge.It was also another nice experiment for me to ''play'' with acrylics and oils...

I love all of your works and I wish to everyone a wonderful and Happy New Year! 

Warmest regards,

Cristina

NIGHT KISS...

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,396
Points 22,540
Berkenstock wrote
on 30 Dec 2013 6:37 PM

Jan welcome aboard.  I am trying to get caught up.  It seems that you miss two days and you are a week behind.  Your swan and cygnets are just beautiful.  Hope to see more from you.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,396
Points 22,540
Berkenstock wrote
on 30 Dec 2013 6:40 PM

Cristina  great contrast in your painting.  The dark background really makes it POP.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 30 Dec 2013 6:54 PM

Hello to all and I wish everyone the happiest of New Years....  yea,  lets get rid of the #13 just in case that was the cause.     I was just telling someone in AD what I started last year with my AD Christmas card list:  I have a little tiny pocket address book just for my Artist Daily Friends and I keep all the AD addresses in it , in a drawer near my desk,  I put a check next to each one I address so I don't forget anyone,  If I didn't do that I would be really lost.  The check also lets me know who I sent one to the year before.

Jan:  You are doing super,  we all learn something from everyone.  you'd be surprised what I've learned about Mars and stills on this site.   let alone what we learn from each other in the art scene.    I might suggest that you include a signature that had your name as well as Critiques and Comments Welcome or (C & C Welcome) that would appear at the bottom of your posting.   Yiou can do that by going to your personal sign in , then  Edit Profile,  then Site Options,  look for the grey area that says Signature, and insert your name and the C & C welcome...  and any short message you wish to say,  which you can change at any time.  here you can add your email address which will remain private and only used to send you notifications of a post you wish to keep up with. DON'T FOR GET TO CLICK SAVE....    To keep up with the posts, at the top of the page of each post is an area that you can click on that says email replies to me.  this is usually how we all keep in track with each other.   BUT your name is important as it lets us keep track, the emails don't have the avatar pictures on them for us to recognize.. and some of us like to change avatars to keep everyone on their toes.    so to speak. your avatar is cute...

AGAIN   welcome

Christina:   OH MY how utterly beautiful the "Night Kiss" is.  What size is it.   I would love to have this hung in my family room.

SAM:  you are sooooo excused,   you were on a huge road to recovery... we are just glad you are back.. Winter cards are fun too.       

I just changed my font size to 14 so I don't have to eye strain so much.... hooray...

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Page 22 of 27 (402 items) « First ...  < Previous  20 21 22 23 24  Next >  ... Last » | RSS