Challenge #38 - December 2013

This post has 401 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 22 Dec 2013 11:06 PM

Fred, very nimble looking Icelandic elves with great shoes. Love the colours of the mountains.

Marsha, a beautiful Santa. I love his beard and eyes, they are fantastic. Also like that the colour of his hat is echoed in the spruce boughs. So glad your back, and I also agree that Christmas can be a difficult time. It is great to see your wonderful art work.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,391
Points 44,370
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 23 Dec 2013 1:09 AM

Bonnie, thank you and Merry Christmas to you, too.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 23 Dec 2013 6:15 AM

Fred...Your Icelandic Elves knocks me out! Those colors and textures are fantastic!

Charlie..What a beautiful old work Santa! Those colors are perfect and so festive!

Marsha...I remember when you did the Santa in the green hat and love it now as much as I did then!

Joyce..First I am happy you're feeling better. I missed why you've been under the weather but I'm glad you're on the mend. Your first daisies are wonderful and I really like how you've laid in your background color. Your second daisies done in ink, pastel and ink are just beautiful. What a good job you've done on both of them!

Leticia...Your recipe is great! I think I have all the ingredients I need to make that. :)

Alexandra...lol, most of my art disasters are due to operator failure ;) So, no,  Santa does not need to bring me any paper! I have drawing, sketching, printing, watercolor in blocks, roll and sheet along with a 3ft. tall, 23 inches around roll of sketch paper with a heavy plastic tube running up the middle of it for mounting that someone gave me a couple of weeks ago! It's so heavy that my daughter had to move it and I had to roll it into my storage area!  I'm not sure where he found it but a coworker came out of the basement at work with this log of paper and asked me if I wanted it. Of course I did! I can draw life size figures on it!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 23 Dec 2013 6:28 AM

Another charcoal with the putty rubber eraser and graphite. I love charcoal and graphite! The effects you can achieve are magical! Eventually, I'll get better with it but baby steps will get me there. 5x6 on white sketch paper. The moth/butterfly was what interested me about this photo challenge.  This is the best picture I could get of it.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,391
Points 44,370
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 23 Dec 2013 10:42 AM

Catherine, beautiful moth/butterfly painting.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 23 Dec 2013 10:50 AM

Charlie, I didn't notice right away that you put Marsha's Georgie Bear in your Santa's arms.  What a good idea.  Good job of it, too.

Catherine, what a nice, loose rendering of the daisy and butterfly.  The center of the flower is very well done with good textures and values.  The petals also have some good values.  It's lovely.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 23 Dec 2013 5:34 PM

Thank you Charlie and Sam :)  I like loose/suggestive images a lot because you can use your imagination to make it your own personal experience.  I liked the lightness and how delicate that little moth/butterfly was in the photo and that was harder to depict than one would think.  I suppose I could have done more to it but I'm finally embracing the fact that I just don't have a lot of time to get too involved each day with my art so I'm settled with doing something each day, signing it and moving on to the next art moment/learning lesson and this feels like the right thing for me right now.

********* To everyone here....Have a very, very happy and Merry Christmas! I hope Santa brings you lots of fun things! 

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 23 Dec 2013 6:23 PM

Fred ~  I'm glad the elves in Iceland are busy!  Love the cave top - stalagtites??

Charlie ~ HO HO HO!!  Your acrylic painting is so festive!  Santa has his hands full and I like the greenery that surrounds him!  Good job!Star

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 23 Dec 2013 6:27 PM

Marsha ~ Love the colors in your Santa WC!  He looks good with a green nightcap and I agree with everything Sam said.  His spectacles are fabulous!

Nealey

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 23 Dec 2013 6:32 PM

Catherine ~  Graphite and charcoal are my favorites too!  You did a great job on the daisy w/butterfly - nice and bold!  I agree with you that sometimes you just have to do a small drawing or something you can finish in one sitting because there is not enough time.  I'm looking forward to the quiet of January and February!!!

Nealey

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,391
Points 44,370
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 23 Dec 2013 8:47 PM

Thank you, Nealey.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 23 Dec 2013 8:48 PM

Catherine, this is a lovely charcoal and graphite daisy. The butterfly wings are so delicate and the daisy petals and center stand out nicely.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 24 Dec 2013 12:37 AM

Thank you everyone,  I loved doing that santa,  

Charlie,  I went back and looked at your santa again and sure enough ...   there was Georgie...  my cute little guy.. lovin it...

Catherine:   love the charcoal daisy,  it is truly beautiful and jumps right off of the page....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,391
Points 44,370
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 24 Dec 2013 10:22 AM

MARSHA, glad you like him.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 24 Dec 2013 1:08 PM

I wanted to get in at least ONE Christmassy type drawing this month. For Christmas I bought my granddaughter an artist set in a cool purple metal box!  So I had to get some multimedia paper for her!!!  Of course I had to try it out!!  This is Brooke ready for her Christmas concert last week.  I'm leaving it on the first page of the pad as a surprise.  It's pencil, ink & watercolor.  5" x 8"

Nealey

• | Post Points: 65
Page 19 of 27 (402 items) « First ...  < Previous  17 18 19 20 21  Next >  ... Last » | RSS