Challenge #38 - December 2013

This post has 401 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,393
Points 44,420
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 19 Dec 2013 9:04 AM

E. D. I love your little swans.  VERY cute!

Catherine, Beautiful work!!!

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 19 Dec 2013 9:11 AM

Liz ~ Such a nice and soft  WC of the swans.  Especially like the reflection in the water and your mountains.  I'm sure your new friends are thrilled to have this hand-painted gift from you.  It's so very thoughtful.  Have a Merry Christmas!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 19 Dec 2013 9:17 AM

Catherine ~ What a great job you did on your charcoal drawing of the swan - and from memory too!  Glad you are putting your mishap behind you and moving forward.Star

Nealey

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 19 Dec 2013 11:44 AM

Catherine, you have a good memory and did a good job on the swans.  I really like the reflection.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 19 Dec 2013 9:52 PM

Catherine, you did such a good job of the swam from memory. I also like the reflections. Nicely done.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 721
Points 12,170
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 20 Dec 2013 9:36 AM

Morning everyone, I've been busy getting ready for the holidays.  I'm still in pain with my mouth but life is moving so fast that I can no longer stay at home and do nothing so I started with what I like to do first.  Here are my challenge paintings for this month The first one I did some time ago and it is very good but it does have the black and white theme it is done with watercolours and why not show off the bad with the good.  That means my bad your good!  Each of you have shown wonderful and beautiful paintings this month. 

The 2nd painting I just finished two nights agao and I have named it "Where is the Black", sorry this site won't let me download it for some reason.  Will try later.

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,437
Points 71,360
on 20 Dec 2013 10:03 AM

Catherine,your swan is lovely,beautiful reflections!

Cristina

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 20 Dec 2013 10:47 AM

Joyce, your white daisies almost pop off the page with that dark background.  This looks very modern and almost stylized.  I like the different shapes and colors of the centers and the fact that you allowed the flowers to run off the page.  I think it is very nice.

Can't wait to see the other one.  Sometimes you are not able to upload an image because it is too big.  Why don't you try resizing it?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 20 Dec 2013 11:36 AM

Liz, your swan piece is beautiful. I especially love the way the mountains and sky are echoed by the water - lovely. What a nice gift to give new friends!

Catherine, your black-and-white swan painting with the reflection below the swan is very dramatic. I did have to laugh when I read your note about working on wet media in the kitchen! We can all understand that!

Joyce, your daisy painting in black and white is one of my favorites of all the pieces you've done. It's very, very artistic. Wow.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,437
Points 71,360
on 20 Dec 2013 11:54 AM

Joyce,what a beautiful painting,delicate and so beautifully done! Great job!

Cristina

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 721
Points 12,170
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 20 Dec 2013 1:48 PM

Thanks everyone for the comments on the daisies it was fun.  I may try doing the ducks in the New Year.  Here is my second picture I had to re-scan it.  I used pen and ink and pastels not sure why it came out tlooking brown tone when I used white and gray must be the scanner. 

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 20 Dec 2013 3:14 PM

Joyce, what a nice floral with ink and pastel.  I really like it.  You are not afraid to try different media and you seem to handle them all well.  You can be proud of this one.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 20 Dec 2013 3:24 PM

I'd like to share with you this wonderful mostly white painting that was just posted on Artist Daily by Martha Lever.  Great colors in the white!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 936
Points 10,220
on 20 Dec 2013 4:01 PM

Dear all special friends from this wonderful site!

I want to let you know that although I have not been very active in these 2 weeks, I have been following you all and I only have to say how wonderful and how beautiful this place is!!! 

I have finally finished work and I am ready to go on holidays, in fact, I am leaving tomorrow, but I really didn't want to leave without saying goodbye to all and without wishing you the best for this following week and new year.

I read a best wishes recipe which more or less goes like this:

2 cups of love.

1 cup of patient

500 grms of good bives

1 bar of happiness

and add faith as needed!! 

I sent all my Xmas cards the last week of November, but for one which was sent a week ago only. I hope you get them because I don't trust Mex post a lot!  (jejejeje) ;)

But seriously, I am super lucky to be able to have friends like you, so active, intelligent, loving, creative and wonderful!

A super hug to you all and I will not forget to make notes and take pictures of the Dolores Olmedo museum and its exhibit!

Bye for now,

Leticia!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 20 Dec 2013 8:16 PM

Joyce ~ Both of your daisy paintings are so nice.  The first one is my favorite because it's so graphic and bold.  It's a real eye catcher and I would frame it.  The pen work in the second painting is also good.  The muted colors and background reminds me of the old botanical drawings (before photography), which I love!  Hope you're feeling better.Yes

Nealey

Page 17 of 27 (402 items) « First ...  < Previous  15 16 17 18 19  Next >  ... Last » | RSS