Challenge #38 - December 2013

This post has 401 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 18 Dec 2013 10:55 AM

Grizzley Dave- I love your painting with the Church in the mts, so very beautiful and serene. 

Jose- wow, your Holy family is most AWESOME

Cristina--Excellent job in painting these children,wow

Crista, Bonnie,Jen  All three of your lilies are beautifully done

Sam---Thank you for taking the Dec challenge, all of us respect you so very much and learn a lot from you. Your santa and poinsettia's are so well done and beautiful

Joyce- I just love your lighthouse, so very good, please frame this one. 

Karen- I also love the Santa and of course the tree is priceless 

Catherine-The Mom and Daughter painting is precious and so well done

Fred, as always your bear pantings make me smile and I am thinking these bears are part of our family, I love all of them

Sarah- Your hare and wild cat are so very good, also the bright colored tree but the camel is most AWESOME, nothing less than awesome.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 18 Dec 2013 11:18 AM

Jen, we're always our own worst critics! You did a beautiful job making your butterfly look transparent and your daisy has a loose, unforced look that is so pretty.

Dave, great to see you! "Morning Glory" is lovely. There is something so compelling about the light - a halo, if you will - that surrounds the little country church, and it's so beautifully framed by the trees. The blue and gold is so well suited to this and suggest the chill of winter and the warmth of the holidays.

Catherine, I'm so sorry about your paper towel-gouache accident, as I know you put a lot of thought and work into that painting. I'll echo Bonnie - sending good thoughts for your next piece.

Fred, I love "He's On The Way"! My favorite part is that bear face peeking out from amidst Santa's white hair and beard - so cute!

Asusanrae, what a creative, striking portrait of the swans and cygnets! Very bold and effective use of black and white with vibrant blue and orange accents.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 18 Dec 2013 12:35 PM

Susan, you painted an entire swan family and it's a very attractive presentation with lots of dynamic lines and shapes.  Very interesting and modern.  You could call it The Ten Swans of Christmas.  Its good to see your work and hear from you.  Don't be such a stranger.  We miss you.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 18 Dec 2013 12:38 PM

Everyone should be aware that it is taking forever to upload a message.  I have pushed the Post button more than once myself and sent many copies because I thought that it wasn't going to go.  It will eventually if you lots of patience.  The sender can press the Delete button to get rid of the duplicates.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 18 Dec 2013 4:42 PM

Susan lovely picture.  Great composition It reminds me of a wall hanging.  I do think that if you cropped some of the reflection off it would help it even more.  Nice work

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 404
Points 6,160
NealeyPea wrote
on 18 Dec 2013 5:26 PM

asusanrae ~ This is a bold and graphic WC of the swans.  Love the black background & how you fill the space!Star

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,504
Points 18,995
E.D. wrote
on 18 Dec 2013 7:36 PM

I wanted to show you that I am watching you wonderful forum people while in Florida. I borrowed the swan picture to make a Christmas gift for some new friends here that we met. They are not that far from our home in Ohio I think about 40 min. I want to paint this picture of yours again but more like the picture then this painting because it is beautiful. This is done with water color pencils and I know you would love to help me make it better, but I have already given it to them because they are going to go away from here for Christmas. The pictures are wonderful again this month. Merry Christmas to all of you.!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 18 Dec 2013 9:07 PM

Asusanrae, lovely graphic swans. Your limited complimentary colours highlight the lines of the swans. And the babies looking at the viewer are eye catching. Very nice.

Elizabeth, glad you are able to keep an eye on the forum. Your w/c pencil swan is beautiful and I don't think there is anything that needs help. This is a wonderful gift. Your swan is very graceful.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,417
Points 71,130
on 19 Dec 2013 12:11 AM

Fred, another charming painting,love the colors!

Merry Christmas!

Cristina

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,417
Points 71,130
on 19 Dec 2013 12:13 AM

Dave,what a wonderful painting,lovely light and the colors are awesome!

Merry Christmas!

Cristina

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,417
Points 71,130
on 19 Dec 2013 12:19 AM

Asusanrae,I love the abstract feeling of your painting,beautiful,great job!

Merry Christmas!

Cristina

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,417
Points 71,130
on 19 Dec 2013 12:23 AM

Liz, your painting is so delicate and beautifully done!

Merry Christmas and have fun in Florida!

Cristina

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 19 Dec 2013 5:34 AM

Liz, what a lovely scene you created around the swan family.  The swans look really good and I like their reflections in the water.  Surely your friends were pleased with the wonderful gift.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 19 Dec 2013 6:40 AM

Fred...Awesome Bear Santa!

Susan...Your swan painting is so unique! Very nice composition. A great visual experience!

E.D....I love the swan on the waterway and the wonderful perspective you've achieved!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 19 Dec 2013 6:47 AM

I've decided that wet media will be done in the kitchen on the table and dry media will be done in the living room. I just did this swan drawing this morning and for a lesson of the day kind of thing, I did it from memory. It's not quite like the photo but it expresses what I remembered of the photo. Vine charcoal, a teeny bit of sanguine stick and a putty eraser. Aprox. 6x8 done at my drawing board in the living room on sketch paper.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 50
Page 16 of 27 (402 items) « First ...  < Previous  14 15 16 17 18  Next >  ... Last » | RSS