Challenge #38 - December 2013

This post has 401 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,391
Points 44,370
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 15 Dec 2013 7:15 PM

Dave, I like your church painting, especially the blues.

JEN, Beautiful work. I especially like the butterfly.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 16 Dec 2013 6:58 PM

Hello everyone. Sorry to have been so long in commenting but this cold weather with no sun has me in a daze or something. My dog and I both are suffering from cabin fever. Her toys are all over the front room and I just step over or on them to get to my art supplies which were/are all over the front room. At some point in the last few days I had everything set up so I could work on the bigger Breakfast in Bed and before I had even got much done I accidently got my paper towel in the wet gouache and without realizing dripped huge amounts of black gouache all over the middle of my painting. I tried to wipe it off but in doing so ruined my paper so that drawing/painting is now scrap paper :(  At least have the smaller first attempt, which I have already posted.  I'm going to look over the challenge photos again and see if I can get a second photo done for this month.

Karen...Your winter white snow reflects both the starkness and the cold air. I like the snow covered brown bush in the background . Very nice!

Sam... What else is there to say about your oil pastel rose except it is perfect!

Fred...Alpha- Bet Santa is so creative! I love the red and green Christmas planet!

Cristina...All three of your paintings are so full of color and interest! Very nice!

Jen...Your butterfly and daisy are so shapely and I love the wings on the butterfly the most.

Dave...Morning Glory really expresses the warmth on the instead of the church and the cold outside. I also like the great shadows! 

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 402
Points 6,135
NealeyPea wrote
on 16 Dec 2013 7:16 PM

Catherine, so sorry to hear about your bad luck.  It had to be the black gouache, didn't it?  I've done things like that too and it's hard to let go of those bad feelings.  :(((  But just sit back down and start something new.  Tabula Rasa and all that stuff.

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 16 Dec 2013 8:11 PM

Oh, Catherine, I'm so sorry about your dripping black gouache.  How frustrating!  I'm sure your next try will be even better.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,413
Points 71,095
on 16 Dec 2013 9:30 PM

Oh Catherine,so sorry to hear that about your painting,it is so frustrating...

Thank you for the lovely comments regarding my paintings,I am glad you like them.

Warmest regards,

Cristina

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 17 Dec 2013 6:56 AM

Thanks everyone for the sympathy but in reality it's my own fault. I start my art work on this light weight mixed media paper and then become involved with painting and push the paper over it's limit. It's a bad habit that I need to break. I have all this mixed media 90lb. paper because at this point in my artistic progress I know for certain I'm only ready for drawings and light washes. Somewhere along the way with a painting I leave the path of reality and think I'm Leonardo or Vincent and start laying on the paint as though I'm working on an indestructible canvas board. Not to mention I was sitting on the couch this last time with an old Sherlock Holmes movie on one side of the computer screen and the Challenge photo on the other half and my paints, water and brushes strewn all around me. I set myself up for failure is what I did.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 17 Dec 2013 8:18 AM

Catherine, so sorry about your painting. I hope it doesn't discourage you too much, your earlier work was wonderful and you have given it a lot of time and energy. Sending good thoughts for your next attempt. 

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,045
bernof wrote
on 17 Dec 2013 4:07 PM

He's On The Way  16x20 acyrlic

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 17 Dec 2013 5:31 PM

Oh, Fred, I love, love, love it.  Santa has become modern and has a much more efficient system now.  I love, love, love it.  The moon is so happy and enjoying this merry sight.  I love, love, love it.  And the earth looks so good.  The thing that I may love the most is that Santa is a bear.  What a fantastic painting and imagination.  Did I tell you that I love, love, love it?

Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas! 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,391
Points 44,370
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 17 Dec 2013 5:33 PM

Fred, did the raindeer go on strike?  Very nice job!

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 402
Points 6,135
NealeyPea wrote
on 17 Dec 2013 6:16 PM

Fred I love your acrylic "He's on his way"!!  Love his little bear nose sticking out of his beard and hat - funny!  HO HO HO!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 17 Dec 2013 9:27 PM

Fred, Santa should have no trouble reaching everyone with his new rocket. I love his bear nose as well and the sleighcraft controls. I especially like the earth below with it's polar cap of ice and snow.  I'm sure I saw him last night when I was looking at that full moon. Wonderful.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 18 Dec 2013 10:41 AM

Merry Christmas to all of you, your paintings are most awesome. This is mine 8x10 w/c    Asusanrae

• | Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 18 Dec 2013 10:55 AM

Grizzley Dave- I love your painting with the Church in the mts, so very beautiful and serene. 

Jose- wow, your Holy family is most AWESOME

Cristina--Excellent job in painting these children,wow

Crista, Bonnie,Jen  All three of your lilies are beautifully done

Sam---Thank you for taking the Dec challenge, all of us respect you so very much and learn a lot from you. Your santa and poinsettia's are so well done and beautiful

Joyce- I just love your lighthouse, so very good, please frame this one. 

Karen- I also love the Santa and of course the tree is priceless 

Catherine-The Mom and Daughter painting is precious and so well done

Fred, as always your bear pantings make me smile and I am thinking these bears are part of our family, I love all of them

Sarah- Your hare and wild cat are so very good, also the bright colored tree but the camel is most AWESOME, nothing less than awesome.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 18 Dec 2013 10:55 AM

Grizzley Dave- I love your painting with the Church in the mts, so very beautiful and serene. 

Jose- wow, your Holy family is most AWESOME

Cristina--Excellent job in painting these children,wow

Crista, Bonnie,Jen  All three of your lilies are beautifully done

Sam---Thank you for taking the Dec challenge, all of us respect you so very much and learn a lot from you. Your santa and poinsettia's are so well done and beautiful

Joyce- I just love your lighthouse, so very good, please frame this one. 

Karen- I also love the Santa and of course the tree is priceless 

Catherine-The Mom and Daughter painting is precious and so well done

Fred, as always your bear pantings make me smile and I am thinking these bears are part of our family, I love all of them

Sarah- Your hare and wild cat are so very good, also the bright colored tree but the camel is most AWESOME, nothing less than awesome.

Page 15 of 27 (402 items) « First ...  < Previous  13 14 15 16 17  Next >  ... Last » | RSS