Challenge #38 - December 2013

This post has 401 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,438
Points 71,365
on 12 Dec 2013 6:53 PM

Thank you so much Jen for your so kind words!

Cristina

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 12 Dec 2013 7:14 PM

OMG Sam, your flower painting(s) is(are) awesome!  I looked at your web site too.  You are a master!  I feel I can reach out & touch your delicate Tea Rose petals.  I used to have a Rose garden but it was just too much to keep up with.  I'll just sit back and admire your "rose garden"!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,394
Points 44,425
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 12 Dec 2013 7:15 PM

Jen, I like it so far.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 12 Dec 2013 7:27 PM

HAHAHAHA FRED!!!  Love your Alfa-bet Santa!  I bet he fits down chimneys easier than our old chubby  Santa! 

Nealey

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 12 Dec 2013 7:37 PM

Cristina ~ How special your three paintings are!  The two winter scenes look just like home now and the third painting "Summer Memories" makes ME wish I was there too!  The little water splashes on the near rocks are especially nice!  The way you sometimes portray your figures facing away gives the paintings such a wistful atmosphere.  Love them!

Nealey

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 12 Dec 2013 7:43 PM

Hello Jen ~ You are lucky to have a studio to go to!!  Your daisy pastel has a nice perspective.  I like super-close ups.  I thought you were drawing an angel perched on the flower.  WinkCan't wait to see it finished and I'll stop jumping to conclusions!!!

Nealey

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,438
Points 71,365
on 12 Dec 2013 8:07 PM

Thank you Nealey, your comments are so generous and lovely, I am glad you like my works!

Cristina

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 12 Dec 2013 8:36 PM

Fred, I love your Alpha-Bet Santa in the C sleigh and the colorful earth in the background.  Still trying to figure out the symbolism of the M deers.

Cristina, I love the colors in Sun Shy and the reflections in the water.  Algeria is a delightful winter scene.  I really like the way your handled the snow and the textures on the snowman.  The three children look great and colorful - a super focal point.  Summer Memories is very lovely.  Wonderful colors in the water, the rocks, the sky, the sand and the girl.  It's a very charming painting.

Jen, you have a great start on the white daisy and butterfly.  I like all the color in the background.   The center of the daisy looks real good.

Jose, Charlie, Cristine, Jen and Nealey,  I truly appreciate the wonderful and encouraging comments on my white rose.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 12 Dec 2013 8:58 PM

Fred, you have certainly captured the surprise of seeing this wild Santa. Love it's hat.

Sam, wonderful rose, such delicate looking petals. The colours are wonderful and really illustrate the different colours of white. This is beautiful.

Cristina, your paintings are lovely. The first winter painting has a nice warm sky and water reflections and the snow is sparkling. Very nice. The children making snowmen is such fun in the snow. This one warms your heart. The summer surf has lots of wonderful whites that spray and sparkle. The gulls flying and boats make for a very nice summer seaside painting. Lovely uses of white with its many colours.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 721
Points 12,170
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 12 Dec 2013 10:10 PM

Everyone has added beautiful art this month.  I'm so prove of you all, sorry but I'm to far behind to start commenting on everything but I am looking at everything.  Joyce

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 12 Dec 2013 10:36 PM

Jen, you are doing a great job on the daisy. The background has such depth. So glad you gave us all the different colours you use. The daisy is standing out beautifully.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,438
Points 71,365
on 13 Dec 2013 12:19 AM

Sam and Bonnie thank you so much for your so kind words,greatly appreciated!

Cristina

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 727
Points 17,170
Hearadh wrote
on 13 Dec 2013 3:41 AM

Sorry, seem to have missed at least one page on the Forum...simply don't have much time to browse these days but Sam's, Jen's and Cristinas work is all very  appealing even though Jen's isn't finished yet.

Glad I work mainly in my kitchen so that the weather doesn't stop me when I do have time to paint!!!

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 14 Dec 2013 5:01 AM

Karen, you did such a good job showing that white winter scenes aren't really white - a lovely painting.

Sam, your white rose is delicate and exquisite ...

Fred, the Alpha-Bet Santa is so imaginative and the expressions on Bennie's and Ruthie's faces are priceless.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 14 Dec 2013 5:12 AM

Jen, I love your approach to the daisy - you have such a vigorous, vibrant style. And I second the comments about how wonderful it is that you go to the studio to paint with others.

Cristina, your work - both landscapes and people is so distinctively recognizable and lovely. The colors and reflections in "Sun Shy" are beautiful, and the children playing in the snow are so charming. The painting of memories of summer is beautiful, too - you are so adept at catching people in movement.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Page 13 of 27 (402 items) « First ...  < Previous  11 12 13 14 15  Next >  ... Last » | RSS