Challenge #37 - November 2013

This post has 498 Replies | 21 Followers rated by 5 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 984
Points 14,330
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 11:17 PM

Nealey, what a great idea. I agree you are very talented. This creates a really nice effect and I love the addition of the red w/c berries.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,046
Points 46,330
on 4 Dec 2013 6:40 AM

Marsha, the November gallery is a wonderful compilation of everyone's work and I love the commentary that accompanies the art. Thank you for taking the time to put it together. A labor of love!

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 4 Dec 2013 9:12 AM

Thank you Marsha for taking the time to collect and post everyone's November art. You even put the Wilson art in and that was fun :)

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 4 Dec 2013 10:18 AM

Nealey, your carving is very lovely and intricate.  I also like the addition of the red berries.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 4 Dec 2013 10:20 AM

Marsha, the November Gallery is gorgeous.  I hadn't seen many of those paintings and was very impressed.  We have some terrific artists.  Thanks for posting the gallery for our pleasure.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 657
Points 10,575
karend84 wrote
on 4 Dec 2013 12:45 PM

Marsha.  Thank you for all the work you have done with the November challenge and gallery and for being such a wonderful cheerleader.  Your photo choices have inspired fantastic works.   Thank you for inviting some artists we haven't seen in a while to take part.  Great job in a month that has been busy for you.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 527
Points 8,275
NealeyPea wrote
on 4 Dec 2013 6:21 PM

Marsha ~  I think the compilation of the November Gallery is a great job.  Your comments on everyone and every work of art is amazing.  You are thanked for your services above and beyond the call of duty.  Big Smile

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 48,700
Turps245 wrote
on 4 Dec 2013 7:02 PM
Marsha, the gallery is wonderful and I love your comments! I missed a couple so I am glad to look at them there. I agree 100% with Nealey's comments too!!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 984
Points 14,330
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 4 Dec 2013 8:01 PM

Marsha, November was a wonderful challenge with great photos and ideas that resulted in great art. You carried the spirit of the challenge through to the gallery. The gallery is beautiful and wonderful to read through while looking at everyone's art. Thank you so much for all your hard work for a great months challenge.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 4 Dec 2013 10:09 PM

THANK YOU THANK YOU... ALL  so much for the very nice compliments.   I just got home and will post a story on chatter.    

I do however want you to know that I posted a piece of art that was left off for some reason.  it was Sarahs' "Hey Wait for Me"    for some reason it didn't upload, so I have fixed it....  now go over to chatter and hear my story.

when I get it posted....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 365
IndigoOkapi wrote
on 7 Dec 2013 11:58 AM

Hello.  This is my first time posting, I just joined right before the November challenge was posted.  Sorry this is late, I hope that is ok.  I just started playing around with oil paint and this is my first animal and only my second oil painting, so any constructive criticism is more than welcome.  I enjoyed doing the background, but the bird was a challenge.  It is so difficult to make them look alive.  I'm not using any specific techniques (to be honest, I haven't really researched them much).  So, long story short, here you go.

Crista

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,046
Points 46,330
on 7 Dec 2013 12:17 PM

Hi Indigo! Welcome to our forum! I see from your bio that you're a graphic designer, so you bring an interesting point of view to our group. There are two things in this lovely painting that I'm particularly drawn to - the texture of the snow (amazing) as well as its subtle colors and the thin pine needles - lovely. The only thing I can suggest that you might consider is adding a highlight to the cardinal's eye.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 365
IndigoOkapi wrote
on 7 Dec 2013 2:52 PM

Alexandra,

Thank you, and you can call me Crista.  I guess I did forget about the eye!  Once it dries a little, I will add to that area a little bit.  Thanks!

Crista

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 527
Points 8,275
NealeyPea wrote
on 7 Dec 2013 3:12 PM

Welcome Crista!  Don't worry about being late to post to a challenge ~ I started a painting yesterday from October challenge photos!  I agree with Alex's comments.  Your color in the snow is well done and I especially like the texturing and the snow-covered branch behind the Cardinal.  Very well done and I hope to see more of your work.  What size is this painting?

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 7 Dec 2013 4:04 PM

Crista, welcome to Artist Daily.  You cardinal painting is lovely and as already has been said, the snow is very nicely colored and textures.  Your drawing of the cardinal is good.  Looking forward to seeing more of your work. 

Page 32 of 34 (499 items) « First ...  < Previous  30 31 32 33 34  Next > | RSS