Challenge #37 - November 2013

This post has 498 Replies | 21 Followers rated by 5 users
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 554
Points 8,005
csebeling wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 2:46 PM

Sarah- your camel is beautiful! I just love the colors and his character. He is regal!

Cindy...last name Learn- C&C's always welcome. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 554
Points 8,005
csebeling wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 2:47 PM

Alex- wonderful job on the shepherd boy. Beautiful Christmas card as well!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 554
Points 8,005
csebeling wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 2:50 PM

jfgarcia- your work is fantastic!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 554
Points 8,005
csebeling wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 2:54 PM

Marsha- Woody Santa does look lost without his reindeer! Your watercolor technique is fantastic!

Thank you all for your comments, and for pardoning Ms Turkey. 

Sam- so nice to see you here. I was worried when I hadn't seen any posts from you.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,775
Turps245 wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 2:55 PM
Alex, this makes a beautiful card! You have done all the folds and drapery so well, as well as the awkwardly placed lamb. You rock girl!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 554
Points 8,005
csebeling wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 3:00 PM

Nealy- thank you for sharing your granddaughters little song! I hope you're getting video of her, to share when she's older. So much fun!

Christina- your Serenade is very nice! I sometimes forget to put on music when I'm painting and I usually have to stop and figure out why I can't concentrate as well. I think music helps so much with the creative process.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 404
Points 6,160
NealeyPea wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 6:55 PM

I finally have something to post.  It still needs a little carving & tweaking; just a first proof.   Lino block print with added red WC.

4 x 5.    Ugh, how do I make the pics smaller on these posts?

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 3 Dec 2013 8:54 PM

Hi Catherine, Claudia, Cindy and Jen, thanks very much for your wonderful comments on the shepherd boy.

Nealey, you are so talented in so many artistic pursuits - from watercolors to quilting to refurnishing chairs. This is another! I like this and admire that you used this technique. It works beautifully for this kind of "patterned" image.

There may be a little box showing the maximum width or height when you post images - I think it says 500 is the maximum size. To make your image smaller, just put in a smaller number than 500.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,775
Turps245 wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 9:20 PM
Nealey, this is a perfect size we can really see your beautiful artwork. You did a great job carving all those fine lines. What kind of tool did you use.? I did one a hundred years ago when I was in school. I remember my Mum used the block to stand her plants on for years! It was a piece of brown Lino mounted on a wooden block so worked really well!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 9:51 PM

Wow Nealy what a nice block print.  It will be a great card.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 404
Points 6,160
NealeyPea wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 9:59 PM

Thank you Alex for how to make photo smaller.  It worked!    It still needs a little carving & tweaking; just a first proof.   Lino block print with added red WC.  4 x 5

Nealey

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 404
Points 6,160
NealeyPea wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 10:06 PM

Thank you Alex, Jen & Geri for your kind comments.  I'm not REAL pleased with it.  I tried the MOO block which is like a big soft rubber eraser.  Yes it cuts like butter, but I like the feel of linoleum or wood carving better - old dog, ya know.  Jen, I have a set of lino cutting blades made by Speedball.  They are v-cuts & u-cuts & are as sharp as Exacto blades.

Nealey

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 10:41 PM

Nealey you could make your own wrapping paper using your block stamp. I've seen homemade wrapping paper made from a  brown grocery bag that has been unfolded and 1/2 of a raw potato that has had a design carved into it dipped into paint and pressed all over the paper.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 11:06 PM

Nealey this is amazing....  how fun and I love the colors.   this is beautiful.... 

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 11:11 PM

EVERYONE....      I spent the whole day putting up the Gallery and even added Nealy's piece at the last minute.   For anyone that posts more art to this November Challenge no matter when I will add it to the Gallery.

Please check it out but make your comments here in the challenge site rather than in the Gallery....  

I am very proud to post all the absolutely beautiful works of ART...  I can hardly wait to get my cards in the mail....   if anyone needs an address please make your posts here and share within the conversation (private Messages.) 

KUDDOS TO YOU ALL

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Page 31 of 34 (499 items) « First ...  < Previous  29 30 31 32 33  Next >  ... Last » | RSS