Challenge #37 - November 2013

This post has 498 Replies | 21 Followers rated by 5 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 936
Points 10,220
on 2 Dec 2013 4:50 PM

Loooove it!!  it really is sooo beautiful and Xmas like!!! :D  the face of the boy is fantastic!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 2 Dec 2013 4:57 PM

Alex, I am impressed.  This is beautiful.  You did the face and hand so well with beautiful skin tones.  The red drape is gorgeous.  The lamb does look wooly.  Your selection of background color is perfect making the figures pop.  This will make a fantastic card.  You've come a long way, baby.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 2 Dec 2013 6:06 PM

Alex, this is a wonderful piece. I agree the fabrics are done very well, the boy and lamb are great and I love the dark background. Nicely done.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 2 Dec 2013 7:50 PM

Oh Alexandra, your watercolor pencil of the shepherd is beautiful!  The colors are vibrant and you used a range of lights to darks nicely. StarStar

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 2 Dec 2013 8:29 PM

Sam, Leticia, Bonnie, and Nealey, thanks so much for your very kind remarks about the shepherd boy!

Marsha, I'm trying to figure out how you hosted November and produced all of those concerts. What a fabulous turnout you had! One of these days, I'm going to use my frequent flier miles and attend one.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 729
Points 17,210
Hearadh wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 3:05 AM

Hello to all...thanks for welcoming me back after my break (to visit family).

I will post the camel when I have finished it !

Alex...like the shepherd boy's head gear and the lambs rear end/legs.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 4:28 AM

Thank you for the compliments, but, its all of you that made it fun.   without all of the beautiful art and the time each of you took to do it, and the wonderful compliments given to each other and everyone, and the warmth of our community, it wouldn't happen.   You are the ones to get the applause....  kuddos to you all.....  I will sit back and look forward to hosting another and I'm glad you liked the idea of the Pot luck,  this will give everyone a chance to participate...  Sam you were missed this month but I'm soooo happy you are better and back up and ticking.... (pacemaker joke)

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 4:30 AM

Bonnie, there is still time,   heck folks were still doing other months from way back...  just so long as you stay inspired.

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 4:34 AM

Elizabeth, Have a wonderful time in Florida and check in with us when you get a chance.   take a picture of a beach for us.

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 4:38 AM

Oh Sarah,  I am so loving the camel.   with his tassels and looking all beautiful.... what a proud work animal and you have given him a place in our hearts and he looks quite regal.   I love the colors and the smile.   (they always have a smile).  your choice of background really sets off his garb.    like a starry night....   with a hint of the desert in the background.    a really great piece.   It will make a truly nice card.

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 4:46 AM

Alex my friend you out do your self each time.   You just keep getting better and better....  are you taking the watercolor classes? 

What you have done with the shepherd is simply grand.   it is lovely,  the dark teal background sets off the lovely reds and peachy colors of the fabric,   I love the folds on the fabric and the lambs wool is ...... well wooly....  His face has a serenity about it that depicts that he has been touched by an angel,  the gentle way he is holding the lambs feet, and the trust in the lambs face.   this is truly a beautiful piece and as always when we see it we know its yours... your style...  you have a beautiful way of capturing beauty....     I can't wait to get my card.....

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 4:53 AM

Alex, I'm just now recovering....   I will save you a seat.... tee hee...

Leticia:  I got your nice email and sent you one back....  thank you

Sarah,   welcome back and I look forward to the final of that beautiful Camel...

Yea... SAM lives across the street ...   I found out.... tee heee....

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 3 Dec 2013 7:27 AM

Marsha and Sarah, thank you for your very generous comments about my shepherd boy. Marsha, as always, your selection of photos was grand - so many pictures I want to draw or paint.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 9:01 AM

Sarah...Your camel is beautiful! Such rich colors and very nice brush strokes in this one.

Alex..Again a beautiful painting with such strong colors and very well done fabric lines and shadows!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 370
Points 8,105
Claudia S. wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 2:02 PM

Sarah your Camel is beautiful, I agree with all the above.

Alex, you did a fantastic job.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Page 30 of 34 (499 items) « First ...  < Previous  28 29 30 31 32  Next >  ... Last » | RSS