Challenge # 33 - July 2013

This post has 523 Replies | 14 Followers rated by 7 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,034
Points 46,120
on 2 Jul 2013 1:19 AM

Hi Bonnie, thank you for your thoughtful comments about my grain silo painting and self portrait. I appreciate the words you chose.

Have a lovely time in Virginia Beach. If you come to Virginia Beach again next year, perhaps we could meet there for coffee. I look forward to seeing your portrait or something Americana (great themes, Geri).

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,034
Points 46,120
on 2 Jul 2013 1:29 AM

Jen and Geri, thank you for your very kind comments about my self-portrait! Jen, it's so good to have you back, and Geri, this is an inspiring Challenge. I am curious about the big piece you're working on and hope we'll get a peek at it.

Alex

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 2 Jul 2013 4:44 AM

Already on page four on the 2nd of July, wow.

Fred: the Indian-portrait is very nice, since I'm new to the forum, I do not know all the background to your bear stories. But it looks like fun, Veyr creativ.

Alexandra: I love your self-portrait, the choice of colors is wonderful. Your silo painting is realy dramatic.

Sarah: I have never been to central park. My imagination tells me that must be it .Nice colors and shades in your work.

I'm working on a 4th of July painting, it should be done today.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 2 Jul 2013 9:41 AM

Alex, A beautiful portrait of a beautiful lady

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,817
Points 46,885
Turps245 wrote
on 2 Jul 2013 10:59 AM
Alex, I am not back yet. I will be here in the Windy City until Saturday then I fly back to Dallas. I was going to stay in Dallas another week but Howard put his foot down and said I had to come home on Sunday and get my back well. The darn thing is just not getting better so maybe he is right. Sigh:(

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 2 Jul 2013 11:23 AM

I thought the blue sky, the red plane and the white vapor trail make a good 4 th july picture.

4 th of july biplane airshow/EncausticClaudia

C&C welcome

C&C always welcome

Claudia

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 2 Jul 2013 2:48 PM

Hi all, Keeping with spirit of the extra challenge I just finished a self portrait using a 4 B pencil on 8x10 scrap matboard, I think that cameras wre invented for this purpose Devil

Fred

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 2 Jul 2013 2:51 PM

Claudia, Sorry I forgot to mention how much I enjoy your work

Fred

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,817
Points 46,885
Turps245 wrote
on 2 Jul 2013 5:08 PM
Claudia, this is a wonderful 4th July painting. Hall will love the planes and is that your self portrait? You have really captured the movement and Ahhh factor of an air show.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,817
Points 46,885
Turps245 wrote
on 2 Jul 2013 5:10 PM
Fred, you have excelled yourself!!! This is a really good portrait well proportioned and expressive and it looks like you. I love the hat!! You should do more of these.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 2 Jul 2013 7:20 PM

Fred where have you hiding your drawing ability.  This  good is very good . I like your style very loose.  Ruthie will want to keep this one.Yes...Yes

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,034
Points 46,120
on 2 Jul 2013 7:48 PM

Claudia, I so enjoy seeing your work! The Fourth of July encaustic is wonderful - I agree with Jen that you caught the "Aaahhh!" of the audience on the face of the bystander (you?). It was clever to put both the planes and the audience in your painting.

Fred, Fred, Fred. You continue to be full of surprises. After all the protestations you've made about doing portraits, this is wonderful. It looks just like you, including the happy twinkle in your eye. I recognize the photo it came from and the hat from your Facebook page. 

Claudia and Fred, thank you for your very kind comments on my self portrait, and Claudia, I'm glad you liked the silo painting! Landscapes are not part of my portfolio, so it is nice to get a positive response. (Geri, I hope you realize ... I painted a silo for you!)

Alex

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 2 Jul 2013 10:10 PM

Alex I am touched. (and not in the head contrary to popular belief )  I have never had anybody paint a  silo just for me before .

I thought that I did make favorable remarks about your silo.  I said how it  looked like early evening and the glow of light from the next town was on the tree line.  It was very nice painting too.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 2 Jul 2013 10:29 PM

Claudia nice picture of the air show and the portrait of one of the fans.  What media did you use?  Part of it looks like WC and part of it looks like pastel?

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 2 Jul 2013 11:36 PM

Fred: I love your selfportrait, especially the smile on your face. I think it's the hardest part to draw the mouth region and it's even harder with teeth showing. Great smile! Thank you for your kind comment on my painting.

Jan: Thank for your nice comment on the 4th of july picture. My son , Louis, was making the "Ahh effect" at a Seattle Mariners ballgame last year. My selfportrait is the avatar picture. I normally tie my hair back, but this is thought of how i look.

Alexandra; Thank you so much, I realy appreciate your lovely comments.

Geri: I'm glad you like the picture of the airshow. This picture is an other encaustic painting.The vapor trail was fun making in encaustic.I made a couple wachs spots on the board and then comes the heatgun.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Page 4 of 35 (524 items) « First ...  < Previous  2 3 4 5 6  Next >  ... Last » | RSS