ALL MEDIA CHALLENGE 30, APRIL 2013

This post has 401 Replies | 14 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,046
Points 46,330
on 16 Apr 2013 7:00 PM

Marsha, what an adorable portrait of "mouse and strawberry"! It does indeed look like a wonderful illustration from someone's long-treasured childhood book. This is a different look from you - you've very versatile.

James, you're always full of surprises on terms of versatility as well. This is a wonderful, sensitive portrait of Jen and Rupert - lovely. And colors in the re-posted "shaman" are GORGEOUS.

Catherine, a very good portrayal of the doorknocker. So impressive that you captured sych a complex subject so well within such a short time frame. I think that's a good exercise - to make ourselves do very quick sketches of what we see.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,046
Points 46,330
on 16 Apr 2013 7:06 PM

Sarah, such a lovely painting of the seaside at Bridlington. I like the way the little girl frames the foreground and her dogs are playing yet the viewer has a clear picture of the setting. It is the kind of painting that rekindles fond memories from childhood.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 16 Apr 2013 7:36 PM

Marsha, what a sweet and well done painting of the mouse and the strawberry.  You are getting quite good with those pastels. 

Catherine, you did a good job with the door knocker.  It's looking good.  Did you use the graphite over the watercolor?  

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,459
Points 81,600
on 16 Apr 2013 10:07 PM

Hi Catherine, you did a great job with this fast sketch, nice and well done!!!

Cristina 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 17 Apr 2013 12:38 AM

Thank you Alex and Sam.  mucho appreciated.  

ok here is the door knocker....

3 x 4 on mia tentes touch, pastel and water.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 48,700
Turps245 wrote
on 17 Apr 2013 1:07 AM
Marsha, looks great!! You are doing well with pastels. I love that you have got his shiny nose. I am so glad you are all having fun with this one!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 17 Apr 2013 6:03 AM

Catherine yuo're right about not overdoing thisis a very good sketch knowing when to quit should be rule one

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 17 Apr 2013 6:08 AM

Thanks Alex

Marsha great job ,did you mean pastel and watercolors ? If so oil pastels? anyway nice rendition

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 17 Apr 2013 6:17 AM

Jim, soft pastel and Watercolor   and thanks...

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 17 Apr 2013 6:33 AM

Thank you Alex, Sam, Ciusca and Jim!

. Sam I sketched it first and added the watercolors. I tweaked it here and there after all was said and done and I just used a pencil for that.

Marsha your door knocker looks great! I didn't use any blue in mine but when I do the second one on watercolor paper I'm going to use my artists Paynes Gray as it has a wonderful blue tone to it  I'm also going to pay close attention to the eye on the left side of the photo as Marsha you captured that angle and I didn't.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,459
Points 81,600
on 17 Apr 2013 9:04 AM

Hi Marsha, great job on the door knocker , very nice and I like the colors,too.

Cristina

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,459
Points 81,600
on 17 Apr 2013 11:02 AM

Hello my dear friends from AD, 

This is my contribution for the April all media challenge and my version for the ''sea and clouds''photo challenge.

It snowed again in Colorado and is really cold for this time of the year so I am just dreaming and hoping for sunny days like this!

I hope you will like it and have a wonderful day!!!

Cristina M.

Cristina

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 17 Apr 2013 11:24 AM

Very nice work Cristina! I wish that were me sitting there under that warm sun! I hope it warms up soon in Colorado.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 48,700
Turps245 wrote
on 17 Apr 2013 11:30 AM
Christina, i love it. I think most of us are ready for sun and warm and your painting says that loud and clear!! The colours are warm and lively and the green umbrella is a fun CI. Just hope she doesn't get soaked by the next playful wave! Well done, I hope you post more of your work. Could you tell us what size and medium your painting is?

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 17 Apr 2013 11:36 AM

Marsha, great rendition of the door knocker.  I like your mix of blue and green.  I'm assuming that you did the watercolor first and the pastels over that.  The highlights look really good and it's easy to see that they were done with pastel.

Cristina, it never hurts to dream and what a lovely thing to dream about.  The sky looks very good with the little fluffy clouds.  The sand is a nice color.   I can hear those waves washing up on shore.  Nice painting. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Page 13 of 27 (402 items) « First ...  < Previous  11 12 13 14 15  Next >  ... Last » | RSS