CHALLENGE 29 - March 2013

This post has 629 Replies | 19 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 28 Feb 2013 11:39 PM

Welcome to ALL MEDIA PHOTO CHALLENGE 29-March 2013 Challenge: Create artwork based on any or all of these photos and theme. Use any medium and any style. Stick to the photo(s) exactly or just use them as a starting point - feel free to change colors, composition, add or subtract elements. In other words, HAVE FUN and keep painting!

Target Posting Date: March 1st -  March 31, 2013.

BE SURE TO POST THIS MONTHS CHALLENGE WORK HERE IN THIS THREAD SO OUR CHALLENGES WON'T GET CONFUSED WITH EACH OTHER. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN THIS MONTHS CHALLENGE PLEASE POST IN THE CHATTER THREAD.

Another posting note: When you post your painting, be sure to “sign” your post with the name that you wish for participants to use when

replying to your post. We are gaining new participants all the time and it is sometimes difficult to remember who posted what. An alternative would be to create a “signature line” that will automatically appear on each one of your posts. (If anyone needs instructions on how to do that, let Sam know and she will send instructions to you.)

Theme for the month of March include:  Daffodils and Narcissus are the flowers for March and not to forget March 31 is Easter which means Easter eggs.    Because of the interest in the zentango art,  I thought put it to use in egg decorating.   European countries have some beautiful egg decorating.

So I challenge you to create your own designs and paint some Easter eggs, and place them anywhere in your paintings, Egg art on paper or in a basket, an egg holder or cup.  Lets have an egg hunt…. Or not… just doing regular art projects from any of the photos posted will suffice. Happy Painting…..

Now for the Photos:

Egg decorating

Daffodils

Narccisus flycatcher (open photo - internet)

My granddaughter Aubrey

my caladiums last year

one of my many beautiful cactus blooms

a macro photo of one of my Oleander blooms

My husbands sunflowers

We had a Chicken Hawk (Am. Kestral) living in our attic..

ghost towns around us

White Sands New Mexico

Cloudcroft, NM

This is my Goldie, he died last year, he looked like a brick of gold in our pond and ate out of my hand.

minature cattails in the pond and bog

lillies and stuff in the pond.

zee old bull frog...  we have about 8,  since 1999. 

My grandson is in the AFB, stationed in San Antonio

A path of bamboo in San Franciso G.G. park.

I know there are a lot of pictures but now you have lots of choices.....   Happy Happy Painting.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 305
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,814
Points 46,840
Turps245 wrote
on 1 Mar 2013 12:10 AM
Marsha, great selection! Daffodils are my favourite flowers and the photo of San Antonio brought back great memories of when the Curly ones parents lived there. I loved that river! ( before babies) it will be interesting to see the art that comes from these photos. Hope we get lots of zentangle eggs!! Remember guys this is a challenge so jump out of your comfort zone and have a go. ' the only thing you have to fear is fear itself' !!!Or as a dear art friend would say " he who makes no mistakes, makes nothing"!! Thanks for hosting Marsha!!

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 1 Mar 2013 12:39 AM

Hey Jen,  I'm glad some memories were stirred with one of the pictures.  I had so many from San Antonio and it is such a lovely place I couldn't choose..    ugh.....Thanks for the plug , I'm just glad it wasn't my cox cable ... but Courtney came to the rescue....  

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 819
Points 18,775
Hearadh wrote
on 1 Mar 2013 2:02 AM

Hello Marsha,

some lovely ref.photos ...enough for a whole year!  Thanks for the trouble you have taken to upload them all.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,032
Points 46,095
on 1 Mar 2013 8:45 AM

Marsha, what beautiful and inspiring images for Spring! Although I'm frustrated at not having more time for art right now and am up to my elbows in half-finished pieces from January and February, these lovely photos are calling to me ... 

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 1 Mar 2013 9:16 AM

Alex, I am in the same boat, with one from Jan. and one in Feb. still waiting for me. But ooooh, these are so tempting to start now!

Marsha - Great job with these! Some interesting variety here - thanks. Now the difficult task of which to do first.

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 59
Points 1,520
jm7445 wrote
on 1 Mar 2013 10:55 AM

Marsha - Thanks for the great collection of photos for spring.Hmm So many to choose from.

Jean M.

Critique and criticism appreciated.Smile

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 1 Mar 2013 12:16 PM

WOW Marsha , A lot of interesting subjects here, I think this will be a busy month Thanks

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 1 Mar 2013 4:14 PM

Hello, Alex, Fred, Sarah, Jean, Kim. Thank you,  I realize there is more than enough...  I posted these with all of your styles in mind.  I hope you find something that sparks an interest. 

I too have been up to my elbows in projects...  I have paintings half finished sitting on my art table and I just have to get in there and do something.....  I tell myself when I finally go to bed, "tomorrow I will paint something"   and when tomorrow comes, I can't get in there.  I am going to light a fire under myself to get to it...   I wish us all good luck....

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 1 Mar 2013 5:39 PM

Great photos Marsha! Not sure what one I'll do yet.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 949
Points 13,750
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 1 Mar 2013 7:10 PM

I agree with everyone the photo's are great and yes Marsha I think you have included something for everyone. It will be hard to choose and looks like a good month of painting ahead, lots of challenges.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 1 Mar 2013 7:26 PM

Marsha, what wonderful reference photos you have posted.  This is going to be an exciting month.  Being a bird watcher, I'm drawn to the flycatcher and the kestrel.  You posted that water lily once before on the chatter thread and I thought it was beautiful.  I still do.  It would make a great painting as is but with the cage removed and the black wall painted a stone wall.  Thanks.  Have to get busy with the Zentangle eggs.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,814
Points 46,840
Turps245 wrote
on 2 Mar 2013 12:07 AM

Well I have been looking at videos and playing with zentagles all night and this rather wonky egg is the best i came up with. It is more complicated than it looks but fun. It helps if you have the proper pens. I was doing it at first with a sharpie for a while but that is not the best tool. I finally found a ball point pen and came up with this final version of the night. there was one video that had some lovely shapes but It was harder to do than it looked.Some were just simple doodles. Anyway a fun way to spend the evening!

About 6" x3"

I will keep at it!

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 2 Mar 2013 2:02 AM

JEN:  by jove you got it....     I love your egg.  the patterns in in are spontaneous and that is what zentango is all about.  I love this and think it is very creative....   the other idea would be to color the egg using the same style....  come on you can do it....

Thank you Sam, Bonnie, Catherine.   You can use what ever you want to cover the side of the pond or use the cage or not,  I happen to like the cage,  the Bull frog used to sit at night right under the cage and hang out waiting for his bug to come along and then attack it...  it was cool to just sit on the patio and watch.... while listening to jazz....

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 59
Points 1,520
jm7445 wrote
on 2 Mar 2013 7:31 AM

WOW!!!!! Surprise Jen complicated but beautiful. I don't think I'll ever have the patience to do that. I congratulate everyone who accomplishes this form of art.

Jean M.

Critique and criticism appreciated.Smile

• | Post Points: 50
Page 1 of 42 (630 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS