Polar bear - please critique

This post has 4 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 185
hanmar wrote
on 22 Feb 2013 5:10 PM

Hi, I am  looking for any criticism, comments and advice to improve my acrylic painting (the background is digital). Many thanks, Hannah

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,548
Points 51,925
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 23 Feb 2013 9:31 AM

Your are doing great.  Again, I like the fur.  The background design is very nice too.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 245
uberzilla wrote
on 9 Mar 2013 12:20 PM

Your at a stage (already developed a solid knowledge base) were you really need to post close ups for more aggressive (not mean - just pickier critiques - which is a good thing - the better you get the more nit picking they get) critiques.

As an example - you have already made the most important leap - fur patterns and forms on the animal. Beginners often take a while to get that part (that it is not unlike landscapes). So you have the form well enough and the fur patterns.

For you it is now about the refinement and strengthening of skills. 

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 110
on 11 May 2013 11:19 PM

I think the fur on this is painted really well. Good use of colors. Two things bother me about this. The digital background, and the fact that the bears body is cut off. Other than that, seriously well done. 

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 185
hanmar wrote
on 17 May 2013 3:50 PM

Thank you all very much for your comments.  A few people have mentioned they're not keen on my digital backgrounds so I will perhaps try more natural ones out.  Glad that the painting seems ok - will post some close ups as you suggest uberzilla.  Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS