Challenge 28. February, 2013

This post has 323 Replies | 13 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,433
Points 20,850
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 27 Feb 2013 1:49 PM

First thank you Jen for hosting I had intended to try one or two more this month then I got on a horse trip  now it's almost march so I had better catch up I didn't mean to be gone so long

Jean you posted two WC since my last post Friends was great but since I'm a martini drinker it won hands down glad to have you here this month

Joyce your B Day card for your sister was a very nice  swan interpretation well done

Jen your cake looked like something I would like my wife to make nice WC

Bonnie your charcoal of the kids was impressive to me I  admire the use of the medium

Sarah four really nice paintings the little flower WC and the Spaniels were both great loved the spaniels . then two bears I would rather meet the pastel teddy than the WC grizzly  both really nice

sorry for taking so long to get back been busy home and the horse paintings  occupied most of my time  thanks again for hosting Jen

Jim C&C welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,820
Points 46,915
Turps245 wrote
on 27 Feb 2013 9:21 PM
Jim, you are welcome and remember you can go back to any challenge any time. I enjoyed al of the many works of art inspired by the challenge photos. Well done everybody!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 28 Feb 2013 6:42 PM

Thank you Jen for hosting our photos this month! I loved your drawings this month and between those and Kim's adivce, I'm focusing more on my values using just a pencil.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 28 Feb 2013 7:29 PM

Jen, thank you for hosting the Challenge this month.  It's been a good month.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,820
Points 46,915
Turps245 wrote
on 28 Feb 2013 7:36 PM
Catherine and Sammy you are very welcome. I am glad to do my bit for the team. I have enjoyed seeing everyone's ideas and interpretations. Hopefully the e-mail issue has been taken care of. I am getting today's but the earlier ones never showed. Marsha are you getting them?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 28 Feb 2013 8:00 PM

HOOOORRAY!!!!  I am now getting the emails,  they started today back again.   first the Chatter then a few hours later the February challenge....    I am so happy it is back,   I am home now and working on the post for this evening.   Still drawing straws as to what photos to post.  

Jen you have been great,  thank you .     Look forward to your next hosting as well.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,820
Points 46,915
Turps245 wrote
on 28 Feb 2013 9:11 PM

Yea Marsha!!

Just snuck in this one today. I drew it out on Monday and sprayed the drawing then added the underpainting to the bg with hard pastels (nupastels) today. I then sprayed this with SpektraFix spray. then completed the painting with pastel pencils on the birds and various soft pastels for the Bg.

size 6x6 on UArt paper

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 951
Points 13,805
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 28 Feb 2013 9:27 PM

Jen love your Lorikeets, they have such bright vibrant colours. I had an idea on how to do these but ran out of time to try. I may try yet though.

Thank you Jen for all your work in posting February's challenge, I enjoyed working on the photos and the theme, great fun.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 28 Feb 2013 9:52 PM

Jen, the Lorikeets look really nice and colorful.  The background is so nice.  I like the abstract effect.  Great job. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 28 Feb 2013 10:02 PM

Jen love the birds evan the white ones they have a ghostly feel to them.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 28 Feb 2013 10:46 PM

Jen,   Love the Keets... and lesson....  beautiful colors.   

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,820
Points 46,915
Turps245 wrote
on 28 Feb 2013 11:10 PM
Bonnie, thanks. Yes have a go the challenges never close!! Sammy, Gerri and Marsha thanks. Marsha looking forward to the new challenge!!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 1 Mar 2013 9:00 AM

Catherine - I hope you keep your brushes wet! You've done some really nice work and hope to see more.

Jen - Great job with the photos...I still want to do your folks, but will see what time allows for.

Nice feathery texture on your birds, Jen. Glad they landed just in time to view. ;)

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,433
Points 20,850
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 1 Mar 2013 9:52 AM

Jen The process seems complicated but the painting is worth it nice job

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 951
Points 13,805
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 3 Mar 2013 8:40 AM

My try at the lorikeets. I wanted to try a water medium on the sueded paper. I did a base painting of the birds with acrylic ink, except for the purple (I only have primary colours and the purple mix turned out as burgandy) which is watercolour. Pastels are applied to finish. The water medium went on ok, you have to watch that it is covering because of the rough texture of the papr, it doesn't soak as with watercolour paper and does take some time to dry. I kind of lost control of the shapes as I sketched in pastel, also must start printing out photo instead of using laptop. After taking photo realize the background looks more like rain than foliage.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

• | Post Points: 80
Page 20 of 22 (324 items) « First ...  < Previous  18 19 20 21 22  Next > | RSS