Challenge 28. February, 2013

This post has 323 Replies | 13 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,433
Points 20,850
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 10 Feb 2013 7:48 AM

Thank you Bonnie ,Alex Sam, Jen and Marsha I wish I was as eloquent with prose as you all are, spending 50 years of my life in the construction field where you only need a 742 word vocabulary didn't help  most construction workers are better edjucated than they let on it's mostly an act thats not the word I want to use but I can't remember the other one [when I'm writing I keep a dictionary at hand] your comments glow eloquently [I got to use that word twice in one pargraph]

Jen very nice pastel of your grandson kinda nice accidental BG too  the sketch isn't bad either for just a quick bit of fun

Jim C&C welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 821
Points 18,800
Hearadh wrote
on 10 Feb 2013 8:35 AM

my exceedingly old, very small water colour box which I cherish and Love because it has been with me on most of my ein plein air trips abroad.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 10 Feb 2013 9:07 AM

Sarah, what a unique and interesting painting.  Love it.  That watercolor box has served you well.  Thanks for sharing. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 10 Feb 2013 9:26 AM

Jen Your WIP of the small one .reminds me of  Norman Rockwell and some of the humorous paintings he did.  Great expression on his face.  Now you will have to hurry and finish so we can all see the final product.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 10 Feb 2013 9:29 AM

Sarah I would never had thought of painting my watercolor box.  You have done a fine job and made it interesting to look at.  Very well done.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 10 Feb 2013 9:35 AM

Bonnie The sky in your painting reminds me of early morning right before the sun comes out very pleasing.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 10 Feb 2013 9:39 AM

Just by looking at this Alex I would think it was an oil painting.  I don't see how you do it and so small too.YesYes

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,033
Points 46,115
on 10 Feb 2013 9:47 AM

Sarah, artists' materials clearly make wonderful art in all senses of the word! A lovely painting of your art box.

Geri, thank you for your very nice comment!

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,815
Points 46,860
Turps245 wrote
on 10 Feb 2013 11:39 AM
Sarah,what a lovely tribute to an old and faithful friend. Beautiful painting. My first paintbox as a child looked just like that and was my constant companion for my growing years. I don't know what happened to it. But your painting brings back a lot of happy memories. Excellent interpretation for love!!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,815
Points 46,860
Turps245 wrote
on 10 Feb 2013 11:55 AM
Thanks Gerri and Jim. Jim I should imagine construction workers spend a lot of their day in thought and considering the human condition from their unique perspective. I have a good vocabulary ( I talk a lot ) but now I find I a. Can't retrieve the word from what is now left of my brain or I can't spell it and don't want to find the dictionary. One thing we are all artists here so on an equal footing and our art talks for us!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 214
Points 3,900
kmbjbb wrote
on 10 Feb 2013 4:51 PM

Wow!! So much has happened. I really need to get started on something soon.

Great WIP's and paintings everyone!!

Kristina-

“Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life.” ~ Pablo Picasso

C & C are always welcomed and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,433
Points 20,850
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 10 Feb 2013 5:04 PM

This is a very nice WC of yourWC box Sarah nice to have you stop back

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 10 Feb 2013 6:10 PM

Jen,  how busy you are and I might add "BRAVE"  you are unafraid to tackle anything... good for you....  good job with the romantic ride in the gondola....

Susan:  love is in the air.... good job

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 10 Feb 2013 6:53 PM

Jen, forgive me.  I missed your gondola drawing.  You have some good value in this one.  My nagging you to push, push, push the darks has paid off.  You are not afraid of the darks at all.  This is a very cute idea.  How much more romantic could you get. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,815
Points 46,860
Turps245 wrote
on 10 Feb 2013 7:48 PM
Sammy, no worries there is so much going on here it is easy to miss something. The darks were helped by some new pencils Cretacolor studio line. They have a great range even just the b. Is a great dark. I used 2b and 4b on the gondola. You can keep layering them and get some really good darks. Of course a lot of that layering was struggling to get the boat right!!! Not easy to erace though. I probably wouldn't use them for portraits because of that. MARSHA, not brave just crazy! Thanks.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 10 of 22 (324 items) « First ...  < Previous  8 9 10 11 12  Next >  ... Last » | RSS