LIONS - 12 X 24 Acrylic

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 380
Points 5,865
on 24 Jan 2013 12:34 PM

Started this a year ago, had to stop in order to make a move across Canada.  Got back to this a couple of weeks ago.  I am being quite critical with how it looks, and wonder if I could get some input.  

s

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25
on 25 Jan 2013 5:44 AM

I really like this! The only things I can pick at, and I really have to be picky, is the rock seems a bit flat and the lines are very even. Rocks crack with a little less symmetry. The two paws both turned up seems out of place. But to tell the truth I wouldn't touch it. I love it just the way it is. It's very stylized and very eye catching. A very pleasing and interesting painting. Yes

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25
on 25 Jan 2013 5:45 AM

Oh look at that. I'm a blank face and no posts... because I forgot I had signed up for this a long time ago. I'll have to fix that this weekend. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 380
Points 5,865
on 27 Jan 2013 1:45 PM

Thank you WebCatDesigns for your input on my painting and your kind comments.  You were being 'picky' about the very things that were causing me concern, so I thank you very much, again, for your input.  The lions are actually one lion that I photographed twice at the Calgary Zoo.  When I first started the painting I had turned one of the lions paws downward, but when I had to go on line to see things relative to lions that didn't show up too well on my photographs, I noticed that the side-turned paw was rather common, and so I changed my painting.  

When I saw the photograph of my painting on-line, my reaction was 'good grief', and once posted I worked at toning down the feet somewhat.  I felt my rock (taken from my minds-eye) was rather ditzy.  Your comments helped me reevaluate what I had painted and I started by removing the line across the bottom, then took out the rocks and made one large area - I'm still working a little bit on this relative to highlights, so that the painting is not too dark.   I thought about changing one of the paws, but decided to leave as is.   I want to give this painting to my brother-in-law, who was so helpful to us on our move. 

I'll see in a moment if I was successful in uploading my adjusted painting.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS