challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,266 Replies | 25 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 31 Dec 2013 1:19 PM

Sorry folks but the post about Holly was put up almost a month ago and was just released by AD police.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,790
Turps245 wrote
on 31 Dec 2013 1:24 PM

Bonnie, you will do fine. If you need help I am home too as well as Sammy and Marsha. More photos more choices so no worries.

Sammy,  that is a lot to give up and difficult to keep up with. Good luck.

Catherine, good for you getting in some morning drawing with your new charcoal pencils. Just a word of warning don't drop them or they will never sharpen just break! That is what happened to mine!  What a wonderful book to start the new year off on! 

Happy New Year everyone! 

I don't make resolutions I just keep plodding along. Then falling less or not at all would be a good one! 

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 31 Dec 2013 6:42 PM

Catherine I love Albrecht Durer's drawings.  The rabbit is my fav.  You posted earlier about  Letters to Theo.  I read that while I was in college.  Neat book.  I really lets you know how disturbed Van Gogh was.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 31 Dec 2013 6:46 PM

My resolution is to get to 2015 without any major problems.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 31 Dec 2013 9:43 PM

Thanks Jen for the advice about not dropping the pencils!  Yes, it is a beautiful book and because it is so well printed you can explore every line and brush stroke he made. I love art books like this and last summer was fortunate enough to find a huge museum quality art book of Camille Pissarro's works for $3.00 at a thrift shop!

Geri I had to stop reading Vincent's letters for awhile as I became so sad about what he was going through that I came to tears a few times. I kept thinking maybe if he had had this or had that or a little dog  or something he might have not been so lonely at least. A coworker just saw some of his work at the Chicago Museum of Art and she said it was really an experience. Some day I'd like to see his works in the real time. I'd love to see his actual marks on the canvas.

My resolution is to fill each day with a little more art, less current events on the news, less cigarettes and a few life drawing classes. I'd be happy with that.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 31 Dec 2013 10:53 PM

The closest I have been to any big name works of art other than at a museum was when my girlfriend had to take some stuff over to one of her girlfriends house.  Her parents had two Picasso pencil drawings hanging on the wall. impressed me but the girls kind of thought SO. Other than that we have Henry Moore's Large Arch in front of the library.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 721
Points 12,170
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 31 Dec 2013 11:45 PM

Hi all, if we are chatting about resolutions I have a lot this coming 2014.  First I want to do more art and work at getting into an art class.  Second I need to watch my weight and start eating more vegetables.  Cut back my time on Facebook, clean out my closets, read more books, tell the people I love that I love more.  Thank you all for helping me with my art and keep the comments coming.  Looking forward to another great year here at Artistdaily.  Joyce

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 721
Points 12,170
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 31 Dec 2013 11:45 PM

Hi all, if we are chatting about resolutions I have a lot this coming 2014.  First I want to do more art and work at getting into an art class.  Second I need to watch my weight and start eating more vegetables.  Cut back my time on Facebook, clean out my closets, read more books, tell the people I love that I love more.  Thank you all for helping me with my art and keep the comments coming.  Looking forward to another great year here at Artistdaily.  Joyce

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 495
Points 7,470
karend84 wrote
on 31 Dec 2013 11:54 PM

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 495
Points 7,470
karend84 wrote
on 31 Dec 2013 11:57 PM

Sent from my phone so text and pic did not go through together. 

Wishing all my AD friends a Happy and Creative 2014 

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 1 Jan 2014 1:56 AM

Geri,  I read your resolution to my husband and we want to know if we can adopt that one….   that is us to a tee.

Maybe we can turn our selves around….  tee hee

Joyce: your resolution of another great year artistically is wonderful   

Catherine beautiful book.   

Bonnie:  I think you gave a good amount of photo references, we now have so many new folks there will be something for everyone…  good job….  I love the theme as well. 

Karen:  great picture …. Happy New Year to everyone from the Party Capitol of the World,   (while we sit home and watch tv..  ha ha ha   

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 1 Jan 2014 10:44 AM

Karen, Happy New Year to you. Love your picture, makes me want to cheer.

Marsha, you are right, I was surprised when I read you stayed home, I had visions of you out with lots of music and lively fun. Hope you have a Happy New Year.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 1 Jan 2014 10:52 AM

Karen, what a lively and colorful picture of the New Year beginning.  May you have a great year.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 495
Points 7,470
karend84 wrote
on 1 Jan 2014 11:38 AM

Thank you Marsha, Bonnie and Sam.  Have a great New Year.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 1 Jan 2014 3:56 PM

aaaaack Karen, you beat me!!  Happy New Year to You All!

My doodle for the day!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

• | Post Points: 50
Page 217 of 218 (3267 items) « First ...  < Previous  214 215 216 217 218  Next > | RSS