challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,266 Replies | 25 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 30 Dec 2013 12:18 AM

Jen, glad to hear the good news that you enjoyed your holiday visit to Chicago.  Sorry to hear the bad news that you've injured your back.  Oh dear, that means more time resting and healing.  Please do take it easy and get well.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,726
Points 44,905
Turps245 wrote
on 30 Dec 2013 2:25 AM

Thanks Marsha, Alex and Sammy. It is not too bad but yes more resting and Howard fussing. I am getting fed up with that for sure. Hopefully I will be back in shape to at least go to art if not grandchildren.Big Smile

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 30 Dec 2013 5:30 AM

Fred, I missed commenting last night on your YUPO abstract. First of all, the complementary colors are very inviting. And second, the pattern/texture is very powerful. Your pieces always have such a wonderful textured look.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 30 Dec 2013 1:06 PM

Jen, sorry to hear about your mishap at the airport. Do hope your resting now and giving your back time to heal. Great that you had a good Christmas visit with your family. .

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 370
Points 8,105
Claudia S. wrote
on 30 Dec 2013 1:29 PM

Jen, I hope your back feels better by now. Not a nice way to end a good Christmas visit.

I want to wish everybody a good start in 2014.

Hopefully it will be a healthier and happier year than 2013.

More good news on Chatter Please!!!

I'm not superstitious, but maybe the 13 in the number didn't help;)

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,185
NealeyPea wrote
on 30 Dec 2013 6:43 PM

Jen, how awful that you fell in the airport.  Hope you will be well enough to visit with your other "Grands".  Not a great ending to your holiday.Sad 

Fred, good paintings with your Little People!  Like Marsha, I saw the big red head which is a mountain - neeto!

Friday I made a resolution to pick up a pencil, pen or paint brush every single day! I want to be like Fred!   So far, so good....only making a little sketch or something quick, but trying to force good habits and clear thinking.

Anyone else have any resolutions for 2014????????

Hiya Claudia!  It's always good news when you pop in!Wink

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,396
Points 22,540
Berkenstock wrote
on 30 Dec 2013 6:53 PM

Ah  you have to love them.grandchildren.  They will either kill you or cure  you Jen. They are hard on the back but you have to love them.  Get well soon.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 30 Dec 2013 8:23 PM

Jen, I've already begun my New Year's resolution to eat dairy free, gluten free and sugar free.  It's going to be tough but I feel better already.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 31 Dec 2013 4:32 AM

I think my new year resolution is to get organized.  Try to paint more this year.  exercise more.   

Another year gone by….  did you see the score for the chatter this year… almost double from last year.   lots of new friends ….  who could ask for anything more...

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 31 Dec 2013 5:44 AM

First let me say Happy New Year to everyone! Last day of the year and I'm posting my last morning drawing of 2013. I might have a last evening drawing of 2013 too but we'll see. I also noticed a lot of old posts just now coming up on the forum thread. Not sure what's up with that unless it's housecleaning time for Artists Daily which makes sense. I drew this from my imagination. I didn't care so much about the sky as I did being close to some warm and quiet of a body of water somewhere/anywhere  that isn't here in cold Ohio. I got some tinted charcoal pencils for Christmas and wanted to try them out. This is just on light sketch paper and is aprox. 10x12. The photo is just a little lighter than the original.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 31 Dec 2013 6:16 AM

Catherine, how great that you got art supplies from Santa! I love the grasses you drew in this piece. Congratulations, too, on doing a daily morning drawing.

Alex

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 31 Dec 2013 7:53 AM

Santa also brought me some eye candy. Not sure how much this set Santa back. lol Huge book with over 300 pages. Beautiful paper used for this book printing. Excuse the portable car battery jumper cables in the background. I didn't drive my car for almost a week and the battery went dead. lol Santa also brought me practical toys too.  

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 31 Dec 2013 8:36 AM

Oh, my gosh, Catherine! I have just gone into paroxysms of extreme art envy over your Durer book! I need a better Santa!

Alex

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 31 Dec 2013 10:10 AM

Catherine, so nice to see your last morning of the year art work. Nice grasses in the foreground. You must share your Santa, what wonderful gifts he brought you. New supplies and a wonderful Durer book. I'm very envious as well. You will have a wonderful New Year enjoying these gifts.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year.  I have thought about a resolution and think I will also improve my diet with more vegies, always makes me feel so much better and being more organized is a wonderful idea, that will make all the other resolutions fall into place.

I am going to try and post the January Challenge today and see how it goes. I have emailed Courtney and she is ready. I tried to include things for everyone but have ended up with too many photos. Will see when posting if I can edit a few.  

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 31 Dec 2013 10:32 AM

Catherine, nice seascape drawing.  Lots of movement in the water.

Thanks for sharing your stash from Santa.  You must have been a very good girl to get such fine gifts.  Enjoy.

Happy New Year to all of you.  May you find lots of time and inspiration to create art.

Page 216 of 218 (3267 items) « First ...  < Previous  214 215 216 217 218  Next > | RSS