challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,266 Replies | 25 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,045
bernof wrote
on 18 Dec 2013 2:52 PM

Bennie's Ark, Martians authorize Bennie to relocate earths animal species to populate Mars because they will live in harmony with all Martians just like Bennie and his fellow bears 11x14 acrylic and W/C.

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 19 Dec 2013 6:37 AM

Claudia and Karen, your card displays are wonderful and so festive. You inspired me to get mine set up in a special place and now they are nicely displayed where I can see them from my favorite chair. A beautiful sight to see everyday.

Joyce, so sorry about your pain and hope it is behind you now. It would have been difficult enough at any other time of the year but must have been hard to deal with when there are so many things to do at Christmas time.

Fred, love the colour of Bennie's Ark. I'm a little afraid for all the animals heading off to Mars but I guess Bennie knows best and if they will live in harmony with the Martians it will be fine. Placing the Ark in the valley and having the animals travelling down to it creates a dramatic event.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 402
Points 6,135
NealeyPea wrote
on 19 Dec 2013 9:25 AM

Here is my display of your beautiful Christmas cards.  Claudia is right ....  people just don't send cards anymore.  I only received 5 that weren't from this group; one was from our bank & one from a car dealer!!!  LOL. 

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 402
Points 6,135
NealeyPea wrote
on 19 Dec 2013 9:31 AM

Wooden Father Christmas - 18" high acrylics.  I made this from a Woodworkers magazine pattern a few years ago & thought I'd share.  I don't decorate much but he always comes out for display!  Six days until Christmas!!!

Nealey

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 19 Dec 2013 10:41 AM

Nealey this is wonderful! Very nice work. I also want to give you credit for my 2014 Christmas card exchange here as I'm going to do a wood block print like you did for this November's challenge work. I love block prints and I'm already thinking about what my composition will be for next years. I'm keeping it a secret so when I exchange cards it will be a surprise when you open it :) This way each card will be a little different and an original work too. I watched a great documentray, I've watched it twice actually, called Art is...The Permanent Revolution directed by Manfred Kirchheimer. It's free on Netflix. It's a wonderful documentary on three individual print makers with a lot of information on each one's chosen method. There is a lot of history about printers and how there work was used for political statements.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 19 Dec 2013 11:53 AM

Nealey, your card display looks great.  I'm glad that the Artist Daily members were able to brighten  your Christmas.

The Wooden Father Christmas is fantastic.  I love it.  You are a talented lady - multi-talented lady.  It's a very charming carving and painted very well.  Maybe next Christmas you could send one of those to each of us in lieu of a card?????!!!!!!!!     I can hear you saying, "Oh, sure!!!  I'll get right on it!!!"   I tried to post a smiley face to indicate that I am joking but all I get is a blank box - no smiley faces. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 19 Dec 2013 2:27 PM

Nealy is this a wood Santa or is it a painting of one?  Either way it is very good.  (PS don't show it to Marsha).

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 402
Points 6,135
NealeyPea wrote
on 19 Dec 2013 6:31 PM

Hi Geri!   The Santa is made from 3/4" clear pine - cut out on my trusty Craftsman 16" Variable Speed Scroll Saw!!!  After finish sanding, the santa and the base were painted with acrylics then varnished.  Why can't Marsha see this??? 

Sam, thank you for your words of praise.  It's one thing I've painted that I still like!  Santa is not really carved - it's painted on a flat board cut out with my Trusty Craftsman 16" Variable Speed Scroll Saw!!! 

Catherine, thank you for your comments and I hope you did a few drawings of what you want to make a print from while your idea is still fresh!!  I looked up the documentary & saw a preview but would rather not sign up for a free Month of Netflix - the only way I think I can see it.  Anyway it looks neat, what I watched!

Nealey

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 402
Points 6,135
NealeyPea wrote
on 19 Dec 2013 6:34 PM

Oh I forgot Sam, it took me weeks to paint.  Not gonna do it again - sorry folks!  Maybe a little wooden ornament tho.......hmmmmmm.........cut out on my Trusty Craftsman 16" Variable Speed Scroll Saw!   HEEHEEHEE

Nealey

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 19 Dec 2013 9:43 PM

NealeyPea:
Why can't Marsha see this??? 

Masha collects wooden Santas

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 19 Dec 2013 10:10 PM

Nealey, your wooden Santa is wonderful. I can see why it took so long and why you still like it. I especially like Santa's beard and coat.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,716
Points 44,735
Turps245 wrote
on 19 Dec 2013 11:16 PM
Hi, guys thank you for the nice comments and i love all the card displays. The wooden Santa is beautiful I am sure Marsha will be after it!! I am just letting you know that I am at my daughter's ( and freezing) as they keep their house a lot cooler. Chicago is with cold rain coming in:( i therefore wont be commenting much. I made it here just fine. Will pop in when I can. Stay well everyone and have a great Christmas!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 724
Points 17,095
Hearadh wrote
on 20 Dec 2013 7:26 AM

Hello one and all,,,,,,,,I have received all but one of the eagerly awaited cards...hoped the last one would arrive this morning!!!  I shall be offline until the 28th. I also hope no one will be offended if I haven't commented on 'your' work on the Challenge Forum. Just haven't the time to spare.

I WISH  YOU ALL  A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,407
Points 70,990
on 20 Dec 2013 11:08 AM

Nealey,how lovely work,oh my,you did an excellent job! Beautiful!

Cristina

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 20 Dec 2013 11:28 AM

Karen and Nealey, your card displays look SO pretty! And Nealey, I love your carving of Father Christmas and the way you've decorated him. It's daunting and inspiring to be around so many talented people!

I agree with the comment about (not) getting cards from very many people. And The Washington Post recently had an article about how the cards that are sent out tend to be so impersonal. I'm seriously considering establishing a Shenandoah Valley branch of the Alaskan group "Letter Nerds," which meets regularly to write handwritten notes to people. One of my favorite pieces of mail is a thank you note my 11-year-old grandson sent me - truly touching and hilarious.

Fred, your Bennie's ark painting is based on a wonderful premise and tells such a moving story ... I applaud your sentiment.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Page 212 of 218 (3267 items) « First ...  < Previous  210 211 212 213 214  Next >  ... Last » | RSS