challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,266 Replies | 25 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,391
Points 22,420
Berkenstock wrote
on 15 Dec 2013 6:29 PM

Jen I forgot to praise your landscape.  It looks like a flock of ducks lost from Stuttgart are about to land.  Love the morning sky it looks cold yet inviting.  Nice work.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 15 Dec 2013 6:29 PM

Jen, this is a terrific self portrait sketch!  I think you captured your smile perfectly and I love the pose!Star

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,391
Points 22,420
Berkenstock wrote
on 15 Dec 2013 6:34 PM

Mr. Grumpy pants thanks you for the rain because you didn't send the freezing temps to go with it.  A lot of the snow is now gone and the roads are only bad where the sun doesn't shine on it.  Now if I can only find the time ;)

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 15 Dec 2013 7:51 PM

Jen, love your self portrait. I agree with Nealey it is a great pose. You look so relaxed and content having your tea. Maybe Jinx will grow out of this interest in art interference. I think he's still young enough.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 15 Dec 2013 8:27 PM

Jen, it's grand that you can be so loose and spontaneous with a portrait drawing - self-portrait drawing to boot.  Your spontaneity is very evident and it makes for a natural looking portrait which happens to look  just like you.  The big grin is charming.  Congratulations on a well done work of art.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,720
Points 44,830
Turps245 wrote
on 15 Dec 2013 10:10 PM
Nealey, glad you found the Spotlight they have some interesting discussions. Thank you all for the nice words on my landscape and SP. I guess i get loose on my SP because i have half an eye on Jinx as i know I have to be fast. He is a good motivator !! LOL!!! He is calming down but he likes to lol on my lap or along the chair back with his head on mine and a paw on my shoulder. I can't get away with anything when he is like that!! If he drops off in the computer chair I have a chance!

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 16 Dec 2013 7:17 PM

Fred...The prank on the NASA scientists is so funny! The laughing bear is so expressive! I also like the interesting textures you have in the Planet X painting.

Sarah...I love the red poppy and the area around the center reminds me of stained glass. Very pretty!

Jen...Your landscape painting is beautiful! I really like the reflections in the water. I also like the self portrait and how well you've done your shading.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 16 Dec 2013 8:20 PM

Geri, I really appreciate you lovely comments on my pen & ink poinsettia.  Thank  you.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 370
Points 8,105
Claudia S. wrote
on 17 Dec 2013 12:43 AM

I don't know where to start, but first of all I want to Thank, Sarah, Karen, Jen, Bonnie and Sam for their lovely cards. I 'm enjoying every single one a lot, since nobody else seems to send Christmas cards by mail anymore, Just quick e-mails is common practice. And even before, I have never had so many beautiful art cards on display. I will try to post pictures of your cards on display later.

I know there're a couple more cards in the mail and I'm looking forward to receiving them. Thank you for paying the extra shipping to Germany.

Sorry I missed so many of your paintings.

Just went back a couple pages and..

Sarah, your poppy center is beautiful; you always choose lovely details for your paintings.

Jen your landscape is very well done, beautiful sky and reflection in the water. Your self-portrait is super.

Fred, always love the stories and the choice of colors in your paintings

At the moment I'm dealing with serious computer problems. Somebody hacked my E-Mail account and send out mails to people with final written warnings with a bill of 3000.-€. I closed my internet access completely and changed all the passwords, Called the police and, and, and. So much time wasted. A whole week of telephone rotary's and changing things. Time that could went to a lot better cause.

And.. found the pictures:

C&C always welcome

Claudia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 17 Dec 2013 6:30 PM

Jen, you should crop your SP square and use it as your profile picture.  It really is good!!

Claudia, sorry about your hacking problems.Sad but what would we do without computers?  I would never have met all you fine and friendly folks without this modern marvel!  Thanks for sharing your pics - that's a good idea.  I think I shall photograph all the beautiful cards I have received and post.  First I have to clean & decorate my hutch.

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 17 Dec 2013 6:42 PM

Claudia. what a lovely display of your cards.  It looks very decorative and Christmasy.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 721
Points 12,170
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 17 Dec 2013 6:54 PM

I'm back still in pain but 99% better I don't remember being in so much pain before.  I have sinus infection that inflamed the nerves roots in my back teeth.  Before I knew this I when to the dentist twice to be told I had TMD which I do but the dentist ground my back teeth on both side down to help relief me from pain and to hlep with my bite that he said was off.    The pain was so bad at times I didn't even want to brush my teeth.  The pain now is at a level I can stand I try to not bite down on the back teeth, and with the help of pills things are gettng better.  

I have mailed all my Christmas cards and still hoping you all receive them before Christmas (maybe wishful thinking on my part). 

We have a lot of snow and I thought we would be snowed in but the plows were here within 24 hours, each day we are getting a little more but we should get rain on Friday so some will melt away. 

Everyone here has shown wonderful paintings this month even with being so busy with the up coming holidays.  Joyce

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 17 Dec 2013 8:06 PM

Joyce, I'm so sorry that you have been in so much pain but am glad that it is getting better.  Please get better quickly.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 17 Dec 2013 8:47 PM

Hi Geri (AKA Mr. Grumpypants), I loved receiving your card and have no complaints about the product. It sounds neat that you painted ornaments and baked bread for your Wednesday Painting Group! Warmest wishes for wonderful holiday get-togethers.

Fred, the ceiling of the cavern in your Alpha-Bet underground is wonderfully done. The nascent stalactites that seem to be emerging from it look just like those in a real cave. 

Jen, this water scene in pastels is one of my favorite pieces you've done. It is just beautiful and would make a wonderful notecard. I love the colors, the focus/out-of-focus, the reflections, and the wild grasses in the foreground.

Jen, your self-portrait is great - so immediate and spontaneous - and I can just feel your satisfaction with that cup of coffee or tea and the snuggyness of your bathrobe or top.

Claudia, your Christmas display is wonderful. My mantle is now filled with cards too and there are so many from all of you that they overlap. So cheerful and touching and personal.

Joyce Lydia, please take care of yourself. I spent about a year during my career working from home because I was in terrible pain (fortunately it's completely gone now) and know how debilitating it can be. People thought I was suddenly agoraphobic but it was just too painful to move about, so you have my complete sympathy.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 499
Points 7,505
karend84 wrote
on 18 Dec 2013 1:36 PM

I love, love, love the wonderful cards I have recieved.  Thank you to all of you.  It brightens my day everytime I look at them.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Page 211 of 218 (3267 items) « First ...  < Previous  209 210 211 212 213  Next >  ... Last » | RSS