challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,266 Replies | 25 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 721
Points 12,170
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 12 Dec 2013 10:21 PM

Working on my envelopes tonight and I must say they don't look all the great, I'm going to blame it on me not feeling good.  I hope to have all cards in the mail by Friday or the lasted Monday.  Also I think I forgot to sign a few cards and that is because of the meds! 

I am buying blank cards for next year and starting them in March.  Joyce

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,719
Points 44,795
Turps245 wrote
on 13 Dec 2013 12:11 PM
Joyce, hang in there. Nothing worse than trying to work things out and try and keep up with addresses when you don't feel well. You can always make them New Year cards we will still enjoy having one from you. That way you won't feel so pressured. I am sure nobody would mind.

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 14 Dec 2013 5:20 AM

Joyce, I agree with Jen - your card will be welcome no matter when it arrives. It is so much fun to get the mail with people's creations coming - they are all on my mantle and look so festive and lovely.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 14 Dec 2013 5:24 AM

Sarah, this is a beautiful painting of the poppy's center and I love the way you have it matted and framed.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 14 Dec 2013 6:14 AM

Joyce, my sentiments exactly. We will enjoy getting your card when ever it arrives. It is like a Christmas art advent calendar and you look forward to the next card you open up. But I also agree with you about starting early next year. That was my thoughts also. But not sure if that will happen. At least after doing it once you get some of the difficulties worked through.

Sarah, received your wonderful card. Love it.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 14 Dec 2013 9:46 AM

I would like to apologize for not keeping up posting this month.  The cards are starting to come in now and they are so good.  They are very professionally done and they make. me wish I would have spent more time and put out a better product.

We are expecting more snow here but it is 36 degrees and raining.  I hope the temp stays up so it doesn't freeze.  (Thanks again Jen.) it just makes it harder to finish shopping getting the rest of the cards out and a tree up.  I also have to paint some ornaments and bake bread for our Wednesday Painting Group's get together Wednesday..  I dislike the holidays because of all the preparation that it takes.  I would just like to say lets all get together for the day and the hell with presents and such.  I know there are those that love to decorate and it is pretty but I rather just enjoy the family. GFetting everybody together at one time is like pulling teeth sometimes

Enough of my ramblings I just hope you all have a great Christmas as I will even if I get a lump of coal and gain twenty pounds.  You all take care.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,719
Points 44,795
Turps245 wrote
on 14 Dec 2013 12:44 PM
Gerri , Mr Grumpy pants sorry for sending rain but at least it washed away the ice! We all love hearing from you when you can and understand that this time of year when we might want to get most creative can be a pain in the posterior instead. So hang in there and enjoy what you can. We will expect great things from you in January after you have got over your New Years merry making!! LOL

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,045
bernof wrote
on 14 Dec 2013 2:14 PM
The Alfa-Bet people let Bennie and Ruthie explore the underworld of planet X that has vast rivers of fresh water rivers, lakes and land that could sustain human life but must promise not to inform the earthlings. 11x14 W/C gesso and gel medium
Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,719
Points 44,795
Turps245 wrote
on 14 Dec 2013 9:58 PM

Fred. they won't hear it from me!

Today I finished the daisy then worked on this landscape from the WC Spotlight.

approx. 7x 12 Uart paper. Pastel

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 15 Dec 2013 7:18 AM

Fred, very nice warm and textured landscape.  Or should I say rockscape?

Jen, this is a beautiful little landscape.  The sky and it's reflection are wonderful.  It's a very lovely and serene scene.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 15 Dec 2013 9:39 AM

Fred, good texture on Planet X and although the rivers and lakes might be okay for humans it does look very rocky with rough terrain.  

Jen, lovely scene. I like your blue line along the shore and great reflections of the sky. Very nice.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,719
Points 44,795
Turps245 wrote
on 15 Dec 2013 11:59 AM
Sammy and Bonnie, thank you.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,719
Points 44,795
Turps245 wrote
on 15 Dec 2013 6:06 PM

The furry pest was sleeping so I managed to sneak in this sketch of me. Once he woke up he was snatching pencils so time up!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 15 Dec 2013 6:24 PM

Fred ~ Things look good under the surface of Planet X, but I'm not volunteering to drink the pink water!

Jen, thanks for posting this pastel landscape.  It is wonderful with the reflections of sky and trees.  I looked up the WC Spotlight site and there's some interesting stuff there - thanx!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 15 Dec 2013 6:25 PM

WOW Jen what you can do without help and it isn't even July.   I have also thought about doing a SP as the July one was just a rough sketch and if didn't know me you could not tell it was a SP.  You might think about giving furry one some Dramamine if you can get this kind of results.  I would give you 2 thumbs up but my smiley faces have not been working.  Great job.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Page 210 of 218 (3267 items) « First ...  < Previous  208 209 210 211 212  Next >  ... Last » | RSS