challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,266 Replies | 25 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 9 Dec 2013 5:44 PM

Fred ~ Alfa-Bet!  LOL

Jen ~ Thanks for the update on Marsha.  I feel so bad for her.

We in western NY got lucky weather-wise THIS TIME!  Only got an inch or two of snow Fri. and Sat., no ice storm.  More to come tomorrow....I would rather have snow than mud!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 9 Dec 2013 5:59 PM

Holly just posted this on facebook.  I hope she does not mind if I pass it along.  I know she has many friends here.

has been over a week since I've posted or updated - - I was hospitalized in Winnsboro, Louisiana on December 1 (pneumonia, emphysema, severe shortness of breath, etc.) and was in ICU for 2 days then on the regular floor until yesterday and we made the 11+ hour drive back home. To the doc this AM - pulse/oxygen reading good but still on O2 - weak as a 2 day old kitten - - glad to be home - - That's the physical sick - - -

The heart sick is that we lost our sweet little Lacy kitty! On December 7, I guess my Mother decided her lap needed to be warm and called our Lacy to the Rainbow Bridge. Our friend Dwight was keeping her so we know she was in good care until she had to go. Getting physically better but with a heavy heart. This photo was a couple of weeks ago - - she was covering her little cold nose with her paw.

Like · · · 3 hours ago ·

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 9 Dec 2013 8:18 PM

Jen, thank you for the update on Marsha.  I'm so sorry to hear about Mingus.

Cristina, your card arrived today.  It is both colorful and beautiful.  I like that it is a composite of six of your paintings.  One is lovelier than the other and I can't even say which I like best.  Thank you.

I am sending cards to all that were on my list last year except for a couple people who have dropped out plus several new people.  I couldn't remember who calls me Sam or Sammy.  I was too lazy to get up and check online.  Hope I got it right.  I have always been called Sam but when I was active on Wet Canvas another member, Hal, asked if he could call me Sammy.  He thought that Sammy is friendlier.  That's how it got started and I kind of like it.  I like either name.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,790
Turps245 wrote
on 9 Dec 2013 11:47 PM

Sammy as long as we get one of your creations we wont mind what you sign it. I got all mine off today and I couldn't remember your husbands name so put it to Mr. and Mrs. S so there you go .No insult to your hubby intended!. The overseas ones went out last Wednesday or Thursday before the ice storm so maybe got out ahead of it.

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 10 Dec 2013 12:20 AM

Jen, I look forward to your card.  My hubby's name is Jay and he is a sweety.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,790
Turps245 wrote
on 10 Dec 2013 1:58 AM
Well good everyone needs at least one sweetie in their lives! I'll go and write Jay down so I have it in my record for next time!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 370
Points 8,105
Claudia S. wrote
on 10 Dec 2013 1:59 AM

I'm so very sorry to hear about Mingus. Be thinking of you, Marsha!

Fred. I love your colorful bear stories.

All my cards are in the mail and should make it before Christmas.

I'm still busy, last weekend I did a kid craft program on a Christmas market and had about 100 kids to do crafts with me, Next weekend is the annual 15 year celebration for the museum and I'm preparing things for that. Than we go north to see my folks over Christmas.Can't find time for the December challenge.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 726
Points 17,150
Hearadh wrote
on 10 Dec 2013 11:01 AM

This is a study in red painted from life, Giant Red Poppy from my garden. I thought it might bring some cheer to remember summer whilst all this cold,cheerless weather is happening around us.

Centre of a Poppy,   4.5" in dia. Watercolour

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 10 Dec 2013 6:54 PM

Claudia ~ Good to hear from you.  Even though you don't have time for your art right now, it's still great to hear your news.  You have fun at your museum!!

Sarah ~ What a wonderful poppy portrayal.  Yes the bright and cheerful flower is much appreciated today.  It is 15 degrees & with the blowing wind, it feels like 5 below zero.  Nasty cold and my dog walks today are short!!  Just ordered online a new pair of winter boots that are good for 15 degrees below zero - wish I had them tonight!!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 11 Dec 2013 7:45 AM

Sarah, nice poppy center. They are very interesting and I have taken pictures of them. You got the dark intricate design down and the dark spots on the leaves as well as the yellow where the sun shines through them and turns the natural colour to yellow. Very nice for our wintery weather. We are having some major snow now, and had half a day with no hydro. So winter has arrived for sure and it is to get very cold now.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 11 Dec 2013 8:35 AM

Sarah, the poppy center is an appealing almost-abstract work of art.  Again, I love the warm colors and the design.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,431
Points 71,330
on 11 Dec 2013 8:25 PM

You are very welcomed Sam,I am so happy you like my card!

Take care,

Cristina

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 11 Dec 2013 10:38 PM

Jen, your card arrived and it is wonderful. So was the surprise, really great. I just got my cards out yesterday so hope they arrive on time. 

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,790
Turps245 wrote
on 12 Dec 2013 6:39 PM
Sarah, what a nice cheerful red poppy. It almost looks abstract, nice work.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,790
Turps245 wrote
on 12 Dec 2013 6:41 PM
Bonnie, glad my card made it alright. I look forward to receiving yours too.

Page 209 of 218 (3267 items) « First ...  < Previous  207 208 209 210 211  Next >  ... Last » | RSS