challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,266 Replies | 25 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 729
Points 17,210
Hearadh wrote
on 8 Dec 2013 12:02 PM

Hello Sam,

thank you for explaining the Challenge 'rules' (for want of a better word).  

In the past I have been used to uploading  finished work for Challenges on other websites where comments only were passed as it was assumed one wouldn't alter ones work anyway  As I  post my work only here on AD  c/c's haven't been invited purely out of  habit.......    not out of indifference to other members opinions/advice.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,045
bernof wrote
on 8 Dec 2013 2:24 PM

Bennie and Ruthie go thru the tunnel and come to another room where they are greeted by the Alfa-Bet people. 11x14 w/c gesso and gel medium

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 8 Dec 2013 2:56 PM

Fred, you are a riot!  The Alpa-Bet people (how funny) and I see that these two are X & Y.  You gave me a good laugh. They sure are cute. 

What wonderful textures and colors on those golden walls.  What a fun adventure for Bennie and Ruthie.  I'm glad that you're keeping that imagination well oiled and in good working order!

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 8 Dec 2013 4:01 PM

The weather conditions shown on the news in so many areas of the states and Canada are simply terrible.  Slippery roads, power outages, etc. are making life miserable for so many people.  We saw the blizzard in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh while watching football today.  I'm worried about many of you.  Do stay safe and warm.  Keep us posted as to how you are doing.

I'm going to try to call Marsha a little later today.  If I get her, I'll let you know how she's doing.

I still don't have a good card making program and struggled big time to make cards but finally have some that are very, very simple.  We must get them in the mail soon since two are going to Canada and one to Germany.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 721
Points 12,170
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 8 Dec 2013 7:14 PM

Hi to All, my finger is still sore from the small cut, but the god news is I am starting feeling better.  As for the envoloples I have decide to make my own so they may or may not look pretty never made one before but it doesn't look like it should be hard.  It was a good lesson for me.  I should start planning Christmas in July.  I just don't seems to get on top of it anymore.  I can hardly wait for re-tirement which is coming in the new year June or July.   

Thew weather here is cold and with a touch of snow we aren't that bad off as out west.  I live in the banana belt of Canada even so today I just don't seem to get warm.  Take care and stay warm, Joyce

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,723
Points 44,875
Turps245 wrote
on 8 Dec 2013 8:35 PM
Hi everyone. Well I am addressing all my cards. Got the overseas ones off already. If you were on my list last year I am sending to you so if anyone has changed addresses this year let me know fast. Sammy I already have yours corrected. Jinx has been trying to help me again but I think he finally got the message that I am just fine and he is not helping!! Will get back to posting comments when I am finished!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 8 Dec 2013 10:48 PM

Fred, great new room of gold. Love X and Y's eyes.

Sam, I downloaded a free card program from Avery Cards. They sell the blank cards so have a program to use with their cards. If you don't have their cards, a lot of the options give dimensions so you can pick one that is the same as the card you are making. That might help. Our weather is fine, a little frosty and a light snow but we have missed the severe weather. Hope everyone else is safe and managing okay.

Joyce, I'm jealous of your pending retirement. I think you will really enjoy having the extra time to do your art.

I think I need to manage my time better just don't seem to get as much done anymore. Decorating mostly done now just need to put things away. It seems to take a lot of time. I am always more excited to set up a new decoration so tried to get into the spirit and purchased one of Marsha's wooden Santa's and am enjoying him. Also wondering about Marsha, maybe we will hear something soon.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,723
Points 44,875
Turps245 wrote
on 8 Dec 2013 11:24 PM
Marsha had to put her dog to sleep. He had a burst tumor and it was really brig and covered a large part of his body and he is really small. As if that wasn't bad enough they had to go to three vets to have him put to sleep. It is an awful story and she is rather upset and very busy with having to prepare for her shows. I am sure she will tell you about it when things calm down. But that is why she has been onfline.

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 503
Points 7,555
karend84 wrote
on 9 Dec 2013 12:03 AM

Jen thank you for the update.  I'm sure all or thoughts have been with Marsha.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 503
Points 7,555
karend84 wrote
on 9 Dec 2013 12:03 AM

Jen thank you for the update.  I'm sure all or thoughts have been with Marsha.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 729
Points 17,210
Hearadh wrote
on 9 Dec 2013 3:14 AM

Didn't know about Marsha's sad news about her  pet dog until this morning. I do hope she is coping..I send her my best wishes.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 9 Dec 2013 8:12 AM

Jen, so sorry to hear the sad news about Marsha's little dog. Thank you for letting us know.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 9 Dec 2013 9:14 AM

Marsha I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Sending positive thoughts your way.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 9 Dec 2013 11:21 AM

Fred, I love the rock crystal walls of this case and the expressiveness of the bears, as well as the cleverness of the indigenous beings ...

Jen, thank you for letting us know about Marsha and her tiny pet. My heart is so sad for her.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,045
bernof wrote
on 9 Dec 2013 1:55 PM

Back on Mars, Freddie and a couple of his Martian friends play a prank on NASA's scientists 11x14 w/c gesso and gel

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

Page 208 of 218 (3267 items) « First ...  < Previous  206 207 208 209 210  Next >  ... Last » | RSS