challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,266 Replies | 25 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 6 Dec 2013 7:11 PM

awwww Joyce, sorry to hear of your envelope problems.  I learned many years ago ( I've hand printed quite a few cards) to start with buying the cards & envelopes, or at least finding what sizes are available, then making the design to fit!  JoAnn Fabrics & Michael's both stock 4 x 5"  and 5 x 7" cards AND envelopes in sets of 48!!  Good deal!  I know the first time I made cards, I also hand made the envelopes too.  You should take care of yourself until you feel better.  There is still plenty of time - I'm famous for sending Christmas cards in time for New Year's Day!!  Get wellAngel

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,790
Turps245 wrote
on 6 Dec 2013 8:20 PM
Joyce, yes also Walmart they have several sizes 4x6 and 5x7 if they have invaded into Canada! Is there any way you can trim your cards to fit a standard size? Also look on Amazon and see if you can find some party type envelopes. Other than that is guess making them is the only answer.

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 6 Dec 2013 8:47 PM

I just found this envelope store online http://www.envelopesuperstore.com/envelopes/invitation/baronial/envelope-67178.html 

They seem to have every size envelope possible.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 6 Dec 2013 9:21 PM

Jen your house looks a lot like ours.  We got 8 inches and calling for more tomorrow night.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 6 Dec 2013 9:22 PM

hobby lobby has a fair assortment too.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 7 Dec 2013 2:05 PM

Here is the study with the big one that I'm trying to learn how to do via the study. Geez, gouache is hard to work with but I've learned a lot about it. Both the smaller study and the bigger WIP are on 90 lb. mixed media paper. The small study pushed the paper to it's limits so I just stopped and it is "as is". The small one is 9x9 and the bigger one will be around 13x9 inch. Later today I will write down all the problems I had with the study and changes I need to make in the drawing of the larger one. I will post a close up of the study after this one.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 7 Dec 2013 2:10 PM

Study. As you can see the paper is just maxed out and I painted over my written notes but it is a study so that's ok. This challenge painting is taking me to school for sure but I can't wait to start the big one!  

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 7 Dec 2013 2:32 PM

Wow, Catherine! This is beautiful. I particularly love the mother's face - wow again.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 7 Dec 2013 3:23 PM

Catherine ~  It's interesting to see your sketch with your study.  Doing good!  I'm looking forward to see how this progresses.

Nealey

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 7 Dec 2013 4:08 PM

Catherine, your study of Breakfast in Bed is looking so good.  Mom's face is done  very well.  You are handling the white wonderfully.  This is going to be a super painting.  Please post your work on this subject in the December Challenge thread.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 7 Dec 2013 5:33 PM

I have two questions:

1)  Should we post "works in progress" here or in the appropriate challenge month?

2)  In the new year, 2014, is the chatter  for this year dumped by the site administrators?

Also, hello Marsha.  Thinking of you and wondering about Mingus.....

Nealey

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 7 Dec 2013 5:53 PM

Sam I thought the Chatter thread was for general updates, questions and problems on how we are coming along with our particular Challenge work. I didn't post the two WIP photos as one isn't even close to being done and the study has words written on it and not even a finished piece. I'm  confused about what the Chatter thread is for.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 7 Dec 2013 6:00 PM

A work in progress (WIP) that is in response to one of the reference photos in the monthly Challenge should be posted in that monthly Challenge thread.  When we started out, we only had the monthly Challenge and we started the Chatter thread because we wanted a place to just chat and to post artwork that was not related to the monthly Challenge reference photos and themes.

People who are following the monthly Challenge are interested to see the progression of a WIP that is part of the theme or reference photos.  Some people follow the Challenge thread and not the Chatter thread.  It is appropriate to comment on work posted in the Challenge whether it is a WIP or completed.  People post work there expecting comments.

There will be a new Chatter thread begun on the 1st of January 2014.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 7 Dec 2013 6:21 PM

Sam ~ Thank you for the clarification.

Nealey

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 7 Dec 2013 7:00 PM

Thank you Sam for clearing that up. I'll post the two in Chatter over to the actual Challenge thread.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Page 207 of 218 (3267 items) « First ...  < Previous  205 206 207 208 209  Next >  ... Last » | RSS