challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,266 Replies | 25 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,045
bernof wrote
on 5 Dec 2013 2:42 PM

Bennie and Ruthie begin exploring the cave and come upon a room that is carved out of gold and silver with a tunnel leading were ? 11x14 w/c gesso and gel medium BTW I use Liquitex Gloss Heavy Gel applied with a palette knife

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,721
Points 44,850
Turps245 wrote
on 5 Dec 2013 4:40 PM
Wow Fred, you make such cool effects with that gel. Will Bennie and Ruthie make a rich find or meet some more great aliens!

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,721
Points 44,850
Turps245 wrote
on 5 Dec 2013 4:44 PM
Catherine and Gerri stay safe. Sorry Gerri it wasn't me! My Mum always used to blame the US for the bad weather in England. Said we sent it to them!! I guess it just goes round and round! Now if Howard would just get home from work I could quit worrying about him! He's from Michigan so never worries about the weather just keeps an eye out.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 5 Dec 2013 4:58 PM

Fred, as Jen said, you are getting creative with that gel medium.  What fun!  A gold and silver room - how neat!

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 5 Dec 2013 6:23 PM

Marsha, I am so sorry about your dog, Mingus - named after the famous bass player, Charles Mingus, I assume.  I'm glad he got to come home and to be with his people again.  Hugs

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 5 Dec 2013 6:36 PM

Jen, hope you don't get the dangerous freeze and your power stays on & you stay online!  It was 58 degrees here this morning & has dropped down to 28 with more bad weather coming - but we live in the snow belt so........put up or.....move!!!  Right?!?!?  Hope everyone stays warm and safe .

Fred ~  Planet X saga continues....I really like the entrance to the cave.  The palette knife works!

Nealey

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 5 Dec 2013 8:08 PM

Jen, Geri, Nealey and all who live in the track of the storm, stay safe and warm.  I hope that Howard is home so you can have peace of mind, Jen.

I remember standing at a bus stop in 16 below weather and I thought my toes would never thaw.  Don't miss it at all.  We are having highs in the 80s right now but it has been most pleasant for my early morning walks.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 5 Dec 2013 11:18 PM

Fred, this Liquitex gel creates such beautiful effects when applied with a palette knife, and I love the colors you're painting on the cave walls..

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 6 Dec 2013 7:59 AM

Marsha, so sorry to hear about Mingus. It is a miracle that he found his way back to your love when he is in such dire straights and needs love the most. Best wishes for his recovery.

Fred,  Bennie and Ruthie are such wonderful exploration travelers and love to be together in their adventures. You are getting some really interesting effects with the gel and the cave entrance is quite realistic with the light from outside lighting it up. Looking forward to travelling with Bennie and Ruthie into this mysterious cave.

Jen and everyone in the path of the storm, I hope you are all okay. We were to have had rain, freezing rain and then snow but as the temperature dropped we only saw high winds and light snow. Lost the hydro lots yesterday and it went out last night when I was curling. I had wondered if that would happen but everyone stayed still until their eyes adjusted enough to work their way off the ice and avoid the stones. It did come back on shortly and we finished our games. It is colder today but the sky is clear and maybe we will see some sunshine which hasmostly avoided us for over a month. A lot of people in my area are now installing generators for hydro outage and everyone says it's the best money they ever spent. We do lose our hydro frequently so will have to look into it. Hope you are all able to stay in touch and all is well.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,721
Points 44,850
Turps245 wrote
on 6 Dec 2013 3:33 PM

Well we are still here and the power stayed on. Yea!  My daughter in Texas just lost it for two hours.  we were both lucky as thousands of people in both areas are without Power. We woke up this morning to a Winter wonderland all over a layer of ice so a little treacherous! Howard is now out scraping ice and snow off the driveway and cars. I told him not to get a heart attack! He says he will just do a bit at a time. I took Jinx out to see the snow and he just wanted to get into it but I told him not to be an idiot it was cold. He has been glued to the window all morning as I put the birds bread and water right by the house. Great entertainment for him!

Bonnie glad you are okay. I guess you were Curling on a lake as you mentioned stones or did you mean the curling thingys? Sounds like an adventure.

Here are a few pictures for you. Of course for you Northeners this is normal but for us here not so much!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 6 Dec 2013 3:49 PM

Jen, thanks for the photos.  The tree with the snow and icicles is kind of pretty - nature's decorations.  Brrrr!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 6 Dec 2013 4:06 PM

Jen, you did get lots of ice. Lucky you didn't loose your hydro and you are correct in worrying about heart attacks with shoveling snow.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 721
Points 12,170
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 6 Dec 2013 6:53 PM

Just a note about making own Christmas cards.  New lesson learned make sure you can buy an envelope to fit the card!!  I'm now making my own enveloples and have cut my tip of my finger.  I think this is all happening to me becuase I'm under the weather and in pain.  Life is not a bowl full of jelly or even jelly beans or even cholatate or what ever that saying is. 

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,721
Points 44,850
Turps245 wrote
on 6 Dec 2013 7:00 PM

Joyce, What a bummer! Still the upside is you have some great friends to send your art to! HugsWink

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 6 Dec 2013 7:01 PM

Jen, I'm glad you survived the ice storm.  They can be treacherous!!  Nice WHITE pics you posted.  And yes, it usually looks like this here from Nov. to March or April, on and off.   I hate the ice but it does make some spectacular sights, especially if I venture into the woods.

Bonnie, you are a curler - cool!  I got interested in the sport at the last winter Olympics; US TV here had a lot of coverage.  It was very exciting! (Plus we don't have much of a life in February around here.)  Well, glad you're safe and sound.

Nealey

Page 206 of 218 (3267 items) « First ...  < Previous  204 205 206 207 208  Next >  ... Last » | RSS