challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,266 Replies | 25 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 4 Dec 2013 6:12 PM

Hey y'all ~ Catherine, Sam, Alex & Jen!  In regards to my "neatness", I've only been up there two days - give me some time!!  LOL.  Actually, it's taken about 10 years to clean out my son's stuff and it's nice to have a clean guestroom.  I also use my sewing machine here and had to put all THAT stuff away! 

Sam, my Ott light is one of my "must have" tools.  I bought it for doing hand applique and close work, but it is an artists' friend too!  Gotta use it at night and during the long long long dark winters here in western NY.  A great Wish List item for Christmas!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 4 Dec 2013 8:20 PM

Fred, Bennie and Ruthie have a hard decision to make. Your planet X looks lovely, well done and the Bright Hole is a little scary but has a mystery about it that sort of makes you want to give it a try.  I will be waiting to see where their travels lead.

Nealey, you have a lovely work space. It is very nice to see where people work. Your space is very neat and organized. I really like the board for posting reference materials and work, that must be handy to get things up off your work surface and visible.   

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 4 Dec 2013 10:57 PM

Hello all.

Several of you may remember when we lost our two dogs last May.   May 1 to be exact. Dextor and Mingus.  that was 7 months ago. well we searched for months and today we received a phone call as we were going out the door to an eye doctor apt,  that one of our dogs was at the animal shelter.   Mingus, was found but is in very very very bad shape and now may have to be put to sleep.   He has a huge open wound on his hip and thigh bigger than an grapefruit ( He is  the size of a chihuahua.   He was mud caked and the shelter had drugged him due to his pain.   We brought  him home so he would know that he is HOME and loved.   I washed his face and gave him tons of kisses.  He licked me a lot and wagged his tail a bit.  He is resting quietly in his crate (which he always loved) but I doubt that he will be able to survive.   Tomorrow I will take him to the vet to see if we have to have a mercy injection.   Looking at the wound it doesn't look like anything will fix it.   But for now He is home and I missed him.... and he is loved and he knows it....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 4 Dec 2013 11:10 PM

Marsha, this is heartbreaking.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 936
Points 10,220
on 4 Dec 2013 11:15 PM

Hi Mrs. M. Let's be positive, probably when he feels he is home and you are there, he will feel happier and safe, and better, he will feel secure and that makes everybody better.. Let's hope for the best... 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 5 Dec 2013 12:48 AM

Oh, Marsha, I'm so sorry to hear the sad story about Mingus.  Hopefully, he will surprise you and heal nicely.  I wonder where he could have been all this time.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 370
Points 8,105
Claudia S. wrote
on 5 Dec 2013 1:00 AM

Marsha,this is so sad, be thinking of you and Mingus.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 499
Points 7,505
karend84 wrote
on 5 Dec 2013 1:47 AM

Marsha my thoughts are with you and Mingus.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,721
Points 44,835
Turps245 wrote
on 5 Dec 2013 2:31 AM
Love heals a lot of things he may surprise you yet. At least he is with the people he loves again.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,045
bernof wrote
on 5 Dec 2013 11:34 AM

Marsha, I'm not a very emotional person but this really got to me,

Fred

Bennie and Ruthie discover a cave on planet X, explore or not ? 11x14 w/c,acrylic, gesso, and gel medium

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 5 Dec 2013 11:43 AM

Oh Marsha. I am so so sorry to here this yet it's very positive he is home with you now. He might surprise you and recover from this.  Please keep us all posted.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,721
Points 44,835
Turps245 wrote
on 5 Dec 2013 1:33 PM
Hi guys, we in this area are under a Winter storm and ice warning with freezing temps for some days and freezing rain so if you don't hear from us for a while we may be out of power! The trees and bridges are already covered in ice. I don't know if any others are in the way of this storm but if you are take care and keep warm!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,721
Points 44,835
Turps245 wrote
on 5 Dec 2013 1:36 PM
Fred, you have some really nice colours in the mysterious cave that Benny and Ruthie are approaching. Wonder what causes that?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 5 Dec 2013 1:54 PM

Thanks Jen. I am in that storm warning area and have already taken tomorrow off.  We are looking at up to 8 inches of snow along with the ice :( I just don't want to lose power.  But I second your wish for everyone to stay safe if you're in the way of this storm.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,391
Points 22,435
Berkenstock wrote
on 5 Dec 2013 2:11 PM

As usual you guys are sending your bad weather up to us.  luckily it is usually snow instead of freezing rain.  They are predicting 7 plus inches starting tonight and going into Sat.  That means we will probably get 3 inches at the most.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Page 205 of 218 (3267 items) « First ...  < Previous  203 204 205 206 207  Next >  ... Last » | RSS