challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,268 Replies | 26 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 29 Nov 2013 12:23 AM

Claudia your book looks great  and a lot of fun great artwork.  When I first saw the cover page I thought it might be a little sluggish ;) but then changed my mind.  Great job.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 29 Nov 2013 7:57 PM

Jen, what a lovely floral.  The glossy tabletop looks fantastic and so does the glass vase.  I particularly like the background in the lower left.  You did have fun with those orange lilies and you used beautiful colors.

Claudia, what wonderful illustrations for the banana slug story.  Your relatives will treasure this.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,810
Points 46,745
Turps245 wrote
on 29 Nov 2013 9:08 PM

Claudia, what a great illustrated story I am sure the grandkids will love it! the felted slug is the perfect finish!

thanks everyone for the nice comments on my essence of flowers!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 30 Nov 2013 2:42 AM

Claudia:  what a great illustrated story, I look forward to seeing the finished pieces.   your merchandising looks like it will be fun as well.  The whole package, storyline, illustrations, artwork, merchandise, is beautifully done.   Great job.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 30 Nov 2013 2:44 AM

Sam again,  welcome back.   yippppiiieee....  

I heard from Sarah and she was away on a visit and will be back with us soon.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 30 Nov 2013 5:29 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEN.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 452
Points 7,030
NealeyPea wrote
on 30 Nov 2013 7:47 PM

Hello Jen and a HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!  Your pastel of the tiger lilies and vase has good color; orange and blue is a success! 

Fred, your scenes (and mountains especially) just keep getting better and better!  Even though the "Blue Mood" is simple, I just love it!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 452
Points 7,030
NealeyPea wrote
on 30 Nov 2013 7:59 PM

Claudia,  thank you for sharing your book project with us!  These paintings are so good. The story and the needle-felted critter are cute too.  This gift will be treasured forever, I'm sure!  

Nealey

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 2 Dec 2013 4:45 AM

Jen..The flowers are excellent! You've captured the not only the flower colors but the lights in the vase perfectly! Very nice work!

Claudia..Your Banana Slug book pictures are so interesting along with well done! I love the little felt slug so much. This is so creative! 

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 2 Dec 2013 4:51 AM

I thought it was maybe time I shared some of my personal space the way most of you have done in the past. This is my kitchen and in a corner of my living room I have a large drawing table and chair. The mantel was a Christmas gift from last year and was hand made using the parts from an antique church organ. I've included a couple of figure gesture drawings from last week and a clumsy hand study. My "studio" isn't  fancy but it's enough for me and when I'm selling my work for millions I'll think about getting a bigger place ;) lol

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,026
Points 46,065
on 2 Dec 2013 5:12 AM

Hi Catherine, I just love seeing your work in its "native habitat"! So arty and cool. And I'm envious that you have a workspace dedicated to art!

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 939
Points 13,625
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 2 Dec 2013 7:23 AM

Catherine, so glad you gave us a glimpse of your work space. It looks like a wonderful place to create, set up very nicely with the mantle. I find your little colour samples interesting. I just did some of this on a small scale trying to chose colours. I think I should try it your way and keep it handy for easy use. I'm with Alex on being just a little jealous of your having a dedicated work space.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 2 Dec 2013 5:07 PM

Catherine,  thank you for sharing your work space with us.  It is so nice to be able to leave the mess and just sit down to work for a few minutes as time allows.  You're in the process of creating something nice in that space right now.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 452
Points 7,030
NealeyPea wrote
on 2 Dec 2013 7:37 PM

Catherine ~  It's great to see other artists' work spaces!  Thanks for sharing.   I see you have quite a few studies from the new photos.  I'm a big fan of Mary Cassatt!!  I had taken over the whole dining room as my space, but Thanksgiving here for the family made me clean house!  I have moved most everything upstairs into one of the unused bedrooms & I have much less interruption now - hubby answered the door 4 times today!  SuccessWink

Nealey

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 3 Dec 2013 1:02 AM

Thank you, Alex, Bonnie, Jen, Sam, Jen, Marsha, Catherine. Nealey for the wonderful comments on my slug book. Thank you Sarah for helping me thru all the tricky parts of my paintings!!!!The last to pictures are done but I struggled with the layout and making a pdf so long, that I had no time to do anything else. I didn't even had time to take look at the december challenge yet. Still have to upload the file and hope the computer doesn't crash hundred times like yesterdayAngry

Catherine, love your workspace. Mine is the kitchen counter and I have to listen to comments like "Other people use there kitchen for cooking."

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Page 203 of 218 (3269 items) « First ...  < Previous  201 202 203 204 205  Next >  ... Last » | RSS