challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,268 Replies | 26 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 30 Sep 2013 11:19 PM

JEN:   hip hip hooray.... is my cheer for today.....having played with pastels this last year and knowing how running out of tooth effects the end outcome...  I think you did an outrageously fun piece.   It is exciting and colorful and creative.   you get my applause for doing this with your imagination and fortitude and tons of coffee....   I love it....!!!!  oil next.....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 981
Points 14,300
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 30 Sep 2013 11:35 PM

Jen, love this, all the activities, costumes and so much colour. What a challenge to take this on. I just feel like I'm sitting with those adorable black cats and feeling that picky straw bale watching all the fun. It is just wonderful.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,888
Points 48,365
Turps245 wrote
on 30 Sep 2013 11:39 PM

Marsha, Alex Thanks! Ha, Ha Marsha even coffee did not get it done this time! Think I am taking a break from Halloween now. We are planning a Fall Festival in October so may have to brush up on Stories as I have been volunteered to tell stories to the kiddies. Will have to check out the library and my rusty mind. At least all the other paintings made good cards ,although not as bright as I hoped. Hope we make some sales. I am dressing as a witch of course! (a friendly one)!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,888
Points 48,365
Turps245 wrote
on 30 Sep 2013 11:45 PM

Bonnie , thanks too, must have cross posted!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 1 Oct 2013 3:47 AM

Jen, I hope you wear blue suede shoes....  One of the october stories you can tell is the story of "Being Invited To The Witches Party"   I am so proud of you.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 1 Oct 2013 10:19 PM
I wish I had the energy to respond to all the work posted here.  I just can't get my thoughts together to comment.  The meds I'm taking effect the brain and I can't concentrate very well.
Just to bring you up-to-date, the heart has a right and a left bundle branch which deliver electric impulses to the lower part of the heart.  Those impulses cause the heart to beat.  My left bundle branch is entirely inactive.  My right bundle branch is slow and in the process of failing.  A pacemaker will do the work of those bundle branches and provide the electrical impulses that are needed.

Ideally, we should wait three months until my heart is completely healed from the ablation before implanting a pacemaker.  But my doctor called last Friday to tell me that he is afraid my heart wouldn’t make the three months and he wants to do the pacemaker in six weeks.  He would rather do it earlier than to have it done as an emergency.  I asked how I would know if it were failing and he said I would be fainting.
I'm scheduled to get my pacemaker on Nov. 7th.  Hopefully, I'll get off the meds and be back to myself after that.
Holly, I think I'll be able to do the December Challenge but can't be sure.  Maybe you should get someone else to do it just in case.
I miss you guys.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,046
Points 46,330
on 1 Oct 2013 10:25 PM

Sam, so scary. I'm glad the doctor has moved up the procedure. Thinking of you and sending good thoughts.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 981
Points 14,300
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 2 Oct 2013 7:09 AM

Sam, I agree this is scary. It is good we have doctors that are so informed now about the heart and yours will know best about doing the procedure. It must be very frustrating to deal with the side effects of the drugs but it sounds like it shouldn't be much longer and they will have your heart working like it should. I will be thinking about you everyday and wishing you all the best.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,503
Points 51,430
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 2 Oct 2013 8:03 AM

SAM, prayers for you!!!!

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 2 Oct 2013 8:03 AM

Thank you, Marsha and Bonnie.  I'm seriously thinking that you should not depend on me for the December Challenge.  Early this year I collected some photos and if whoever takes that Challenge would like for me to share them, I'd be glad to.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 886
Points 19,785
Hearadh wrote
on 2 Oct 2013 8:30 AM

Sorry to hear of your latest health problems. Wish you all the best.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 523
Points 8,150
NealeyPea wrote
on 2 Oct 2013 9:22 AM

Hello everyone!  Seems like I've been gone forever.  Thank you Alex, Marsha, Bonnie and Jen for your uplifting comments on my quilt.  Marsha, you have sooo many questions!!!   First off, yes you CAN do free motion quilting with your Husquavarna.  I use an old Kenmore, drop the feed dogs, add a Big Foot, play with the tensions and just do it!!  The background was an old "watercolor" quilt top I never knew what to do with - 1 1/2" squares.  You quilters out there may remember it was a popular technique maybe 2 decades ago!  Recently pulled out of my UFO box (un finished objects) I cut the circle right out and saw new possibilities.  I reversed appliqued a light background, added a few circles, layered the top and thread painted the feathers,free motion quilted the whole piece.  The web design was carefully marked in before I quilted - the rest was "on the fly", lol. 

Jen, you may be interested to know that I started drawing again through learning how to free motion quilt from the book, ZEN QUILTING.  Zen quilting led to Zentangles "on the net" which sorta led me to here in a roundabout way!!

Our Quilt event seemed to be a success.  Seven Guilds from NY, PA & OH participated and over 60 local & national venders, plus Eleanor Burns & a few more who lectured and taught classes.

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 523
Points 8,150
NealeyPea wrote
on 2 Oct 2013 9:24 AM

Fred ~ Your bears in the mysterious cave is so colorful.  Your colors just glow! 

Nealey

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 523
Points 8,150
NealeyPea wrote
on 2 Oct 2013 9:32 AM

Marsha ~ Forgot the rest of your questions....this show was display only, no selling allowed.  Chautauqua Institution is in Western NY, quite famous for its Education, Religion & the Arts.  Many sites if you care to Google!  Each of us in the guild is responsible for quilting our own work or paying someone to machine quilt for us.  And I forgot to photograph the back!  HAHA, just like a quilter to want to see that!  It is a woodsy green backing, kind of mottled.  Thanks for all your interest!

Nealey

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 523
Points 8,150
NealeyPea wrote
on 2 Oct 2013 9:41 AM

Jen ~ This a a great final scene and I don't think it's a bust.  Your party has so much going on with it...I would be overwhelmed!!  I know how pastels can be frustrating: there are so many variables to deal with.  In an old issue of Artist's magazine, I saw an artist actually use fine grit sandpaper sheets for her chalk pastels.  Her art was astounding!  It may be worth a shot.....

Nealey

Page 182 of 218 (3269 items) « First ...  < Previous  180 181 182 183 184  Next >  ... Last » | RSS