challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,266 Replies | 25 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,050
Points 46,385
on 17 Jun 2013 11:38 AM

Hal, so interesting to read your post about the art shows. What a wonderful response to the person who wanted to commission a portrait of her dog. Very tactful and leaves the situation open to a happy resolution.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 17 Jun 2013 12:42 PM

Hi to all -  Doc liked Grumpy Cat but had to be educated - - said he'd rather s face punch than Facebook  --  said "I tried it.  Didn't like it!"  He excelled at Grumpy Cat lesson #1.  On oxygen since Friday, so I have actually been able to breathe and cough at the same time - it's hard to remember being able to breathe. Doc declares my lungs much clearer - go back for another follow up on Thursday. 

I'm not driving until I can get off the oxygen - I'm sure I'd get tangled up somehow.  At my stage of Advanced Chronological Enhancement  (ACE, of course) one can't be too careful.  Oh, wait - there are my sunglasses - they aren't supposed to be there - well, I think I'll just grab a cold drink on the way by the fridge - but we don't have a bird, do we? - what  was I talking about?  Who are you?  Hi, I am Holly - haven't we met before.  Is that a donut on the floor???  Whew - where was I??  Did I float off again?

Holly

C & C always welcomed and encouraged.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 17 Jun 2013 12:46 PM

CONGRATULATIONS, FRED!!!  YOU AND RUTHIE ARE JUST PERFECT! Yes Beer Drinks Smile

Holly

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 17 Jun 2013 12:49 PM

I'm having trouble getting my mind working - did you notice? 

Geri, fortunate that your monetary loss was not great and that you are all safe and sound.  I think I fear house fire more than anything.

Holly

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 17 Jun 2013 12:52 PM

Did I read someone's post wishing Marsha a 'Get Well Quick ' or did I dream that.  I'm so far behind that I am just overwhelmed.  Can someone update me?  Is she ill in the middle of my pity-party?  I feel so blessed to be supported both artistically and in friendship by all of you.

Holly

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 17 Jun 2013 12:57 PM

WooHoo - - MORE NEW PARTICIPANTS!!  It is so exciting to see new names and faces  (even if they do think that I am new - -guess that's what happens when one falls into hole and forgets to climb out!)

Holly

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 17 Jun 2013 1:05 PM

Oh, Jen - your back just does not cooperate all the time, huh.  That's not fun and pain meds are a blessing! Hope your back is better soon.

I feel like we have gotten to watch The Curly One grow up - ring side seat!   I think the first pastel I saw that you did, he was about toddler age and trying to climb up to the table top with a ladder improvised from the bottom drawer.  Made me smile then and makes me smile to remember it.

Holly

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 17 Jun 2013 1:07 PM

Sammy - have you gotten yourself on an even keel with the A-fib meds?  I think George went through 2 before they found the right match. 

Holly

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 17 Jun 2013 1:11 PM

HAL - exactly the right answer to the lady about commissioning her dog's portrait.  I probably would have been silly enough to say Id' love to, give her a price and then beat my head against the wall.  This way is win-win - - the best there is.

Holly

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 17 Jun 2013 1:13 PM

I haven't resized the sketches I did in Louisiana - but maybe I can get them up in a while before I fall back into a medicated stupor. If so, then tomorrow.

Holly

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 17 Jun 2013 1:17 PM

I haven't resized my sketches from Louisiana but If I can get them before I fall back into a medicated stupor, I'll post this after noon, or if not, then tomorrow.

Holly

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 17 Jun 2013 1:19 PM

Alex, Hal, Sammy, Jen, et al , with all the good wishes - - Thank YOU!

Holly

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 17 Jun 2013 1:22 PM

OK - someone else's turn now - - I've overstayed my welcome.  And it thunder booming outside.  I may have to unplug my computer.  I moved it to the bedroom over the weekend and it's not on a good surge protector as on my desk.

Holly

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,965
Points 49,815
Turps245 wrote
on 17 Jun 2013 10:58 PM
Hi Holly, gosh we are all falling apart lately what with Marsha and now you with pneumonia and my back being at best " fragile" . I had an attack like that last year where I couldn't breath and my daughter recognized what was happening to me over the phone and told Howard to get me to a doctor immediately. Her husband has asthma. I nearly collapsed and probably would have if not for her. It can happen fast. Take care of yourself. I am a bit worried about making it around the airport on Sunday as my back is not making a quick recovery. Good health to all of you!

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,050
Points 46,385
on 17 Jun 2013 11:06 PM

Jen, you may already know about this, but if you call the airline ahead of your flight, they will arrange for a person to take you in a wheelchair from the terminal entrance to the plane and vice versa at the other end. I was temporarily incapacitated one time when I had to travel for business and couldn't walk the long distances, and it was a lifesaver ...

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Page 118 of 218 (3267 items) « First ...  < Previous  116 117 118 119 120  Next >  ... Last » | RSS