challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,268 Replies | 26 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 27 Feb 2013 2:13 PM

Kim, Thanks for checking,   I checked with Artist Daily as well.  They are looking into it for me.  I contacted my cable provider too.  I hope I can get it resolved today....   I will tread lightly.. even tip toe.... if I have to.....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,474
Points 23,630
Berkenstock wrote
on 27 Feb 2013 4:11 PM

I was just over looking at wet canvas.  On the gouge page they have a photo of all the pictures sent in to the forum all in one picture.    Within this picyure is the two swans from our forum  Just thought it to be interesting.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 27 Feb 2013 4:53 PM

Fred your paintings are always interesting  I don't know anything about pastels so can't comment

Sarah your eye sketch really caught my eye {I can't believe Eye said that } kudos on your cat painting looks like mine somewhat  anyway Francis would like it

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,909
Points 48,785
Turps245 wrote
on 27 Feb 2013 9:39 PM
Marsha, I usually get the e-mails and I stopped getting them two pages ago. I assumed you had all gone quiet because it was the end of the month and you were waiting for a new challenge to come up. I guess I will check to see I didn't turn off the e- mail thing. I have to change back and forth between standard and plain text. I need to go on the mainframe to post pictures and click on Standard font to do that and then go back to plain text to use my iPad. I bit of a pain but manageable. I could have bumped the e-mail thing during that process. If it is not that then I don't know. will let you know and then come back and catch up!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,909
Points 48,785
Turps245 wrote
on 27 Feb 2013 9:46 PM
Geri not sure what the gouge page is on WC. But interesting that the swan's turned up there.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,909
Points 48,785
Turps245 wrote
on 27 Feb 2013 9:51 PM
Geri I like your little St Patty man / lad. I think your SIL will love it. It is just a bit different. My SIL birthday is on St. Pats day it would be a fun birthday card. Maybe I should try making one for him!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,909
Points 48,785
Turps245 wrote
on 27 Feb 2013 10:00 PM
Fred, you really should try some sanded paper it makes a huge difference. If you contact UArt they will send you free samples to try. I prefer the 400 but they will send all they make. I like the story in your latest painting. The rabbit will make a killing hopefully and not get killed!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,909
Points 48,785
Turps245 wrote
on 27 Feb 2013 10:03 PM
Marsha, love the shoes now we need a picture of you in them. Crazy woman!! I checked I am checked for getting e-mails so I don't know what is going on.WC had Gremlins again and everyone was banned so maybe the Internet is having probs.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,909
Points 48,785
Turps245 wrote
on 27 Feb 2013 10:05 PM
Sarah I love your fluffy cat! It might be a Persian. Really good job on the fur. The face sketch is fun too. Those kind of warm ups really start ypur juices flowing!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,909
Points 48,785
Turps245 wrote
on 27 Feb 2013 10:07 PM
By the way none of these posts showed up on my e-mail!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,474
Points 23,630
Berkenstock wrote
on 27 Feb 2013 11:53 PM

Have you checked nyour Email to see if it is blocking the post as spam???

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,909
Points 48,785
Turps245 wrote
on 28 Feb 2013 12:58 AM
Apparently the Cox server has a problem but I don't think that is the entire problem as I have got other e-mail for the last few days but no AD mail. Time will tell.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 918
Points 20,290
Hearadh wrote
on 28 Feb 2013 4:35 AM

I seem to be receiving all the chatter/emails and a daily dose of AD as well so no problems this side of the Big Pond.

Re. drawings/painting in any media ......I was on a plein aire  course in Ireland many years ago(tutored by an American professional artist)  at the end of it we had to display all our work as a mini-exhibition which he then c/c'd. He then gave us a pebble each on which he had written a personal piece of advice...mine was 'darker darks...lighter lights'. I have the pebble to this day and can still hear him whenever I am working!!! So, as others have also said, don't be afraid of the dark!

The NF Cat was a champion stud cat and knew it. He was a big softy really.

Kim...the background is supposed to evoke a cold mountain environment which is more obvious in the original.

JV...do you think your Francis would hob-nob with a Bengal as well?

and last of all but not least thank you one and all for the comments made about my 'eye' and cat postings.

Looking forward to the March Challenges and thanks to Jen for the February inspirations.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 28 Feb 2013 5:16 AM

Jen you hit it on the head.   I have not received the last two pages of Chatter nor the February challenge.  exactly like you say.  I contacted Courtney and she is asking IT if that could be the problem.   I really seem strange I'm soooo glad that I am not the only one.  

I will post March tomorrow evening.  I have so many photos I'm drawing straws to which ones I post.  

Mainly I want to be able to receive my emails.

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 28 Feb 2013 5:19 AM

oh another thing,   I didn't receive notification regarding my messages in conversations either,  I made a couple of comments on Members gallery and no notification there as well.  Try and send me a conversation message and lets test it.     

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Page 42 of 218 (3269 items) « First ...  < Previous  40 41 42 43 44  Next >  ... Last » | RSS