challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,268 Replies | 26 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,932
Points 49,230
Turps245 wrote
on 20 Feb 2013 7:27 PM
Sammy good to see ypu popping in. I was worried your back was giving you a hard time as you had to go to therapy. No all warm and snug so far. The freezing stuff is supposed to come in in the early hours. A lot depends on ground temps. Hopefully it stays above freezing and it just rains.

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,275
wetpaperfan wrote
on 20 Feb 2013 7:44 PM

Jen I remember your gnomes,  you took some pictures when it snowed on them before.   they are so adorable.   I hope the weather tonight is kind to you.    I meant to tell you ... when I was singing full time I had a gal saxophone player in my band that played for the Clintons all the time.   She was an incredible player and was really appreciated. 

What happened to your teachers Kiln?   maybe someone could learn how to fire in a kiln and you could use it again.   My daughter used to have one and was always firing stuff for others.   When she moved she sold it.  Now she wishes she hadn't

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 20 Feb 2013 7:55 PM

Jen, three weeks ago I pulled something in my back and was not able to stand straight.  I went to my massage therapist a few days later and that helped a lot.  My doctor prescribed physical therapy which is deep massage.  The therapist has given me some exercise to add to those that I do everyday and I am feeling so much better.

I haven't been around much because I've gone for several entire nights without sleeping and I'm like a zombie.  I'm on my way to bed right now to try again.

We have been having wonderful weather in the seventies.  That's why we live in Florida.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,932
Points 49,230
Turps245 wrote
on 20 Feb 2013 8:03 PM
See that's why I don't take pictures the only other views are street and other houses! The back garden is just grass and two young trees. Now if I had fabulous views that would be something! The family took care of all my teacher's things and I have no idea what happened to it. One of the ladies at our art group has a kiln but I just haven't wanted to start it again. I am having fun painting. When I get bored doing that and want a change maybe. Strangely today I have not been inspired to paint or draw at all. I really should finish that sweater for Smily One or it will be too hot to wear it!! Great that you got involved with Bill and Hill. I bet he loved having a female Sax player.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,932
Points 49,230
Turps245 wrote
on 20 Feb 2013 8:18 PM
Sammy, you have all my sympathy I have done the same thing several times. I am glad you are getting relief. Sounds like you have a good doctor. Hope you get some sleep soon. I spent several weeks sleeping in my recliner as I couldn't sleep in my bed. Take care of yourself. Hugs. Yes well Arkansas weather is never dull. At least we don't get Hurricaines! :)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 21 Feb 2013 7:03 AM

FRED - Your bear and dragon are very expressive. Not something for a dentist office since the dragon has a tear, but good to add to your collection in the cont'd. story.

JEN - Making me colder than what it is in Chgo.! I've not seen your gnomes before, so it was fun seeing them. Super job on them!!

ALEX - Interesting new avatar. I like that you use your own art and it's from from a special time.

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 21 Feb 2013 1:41 PM

Thank y'all for your gracious comments, I tried painting the Nebula with this as a result and I did locate one of Jim's angel's to help Cool

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,932
Points 49,230
Turps245 wrote
on 21 Feb 2013 3:22 PM
Fred, nice work on the nebula. I see you got the bear looking at the angel! This is an interesting abstract painting. You certainly find inspiration in all kinds of places.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,275
wetpaperfan wrote
on 21 Feb 2013 5:13 PM

FRED GREAT JOB....  I love it.   I love the choice of colors, the texture all of it.... 

You must have started this before you saw your picture that I boxed in all of the other bears that were included in the Ursidae Nebula,   and the touch of an angel is the cherry on the sundae.   Great Job.   I would frame and hang this one myself.

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,275
wetpaperfan wrote
on 21 Feb 2013 6:12 PM

Sam I hope you are feeling better,   I can empathize with your back problems  I have the same and tried to do a little vacuuming the other day and killed myself again... Ice has become my best friend.   I wish I could afford someone to help clean house.  I wish you better days ahead soon..!

Jen one day I hope you will paint a picture of the cute gnomes....  I love knitting and crocheting as well but when I broke my wrist two years ago I was unable to do it anymore,  I tried but I ended up aching.   I loved to do it while watching tv....   show us a picture of your finished sweater when its ready.   I understand about the Kiln.

Alex, you sure did a good job playing catch-up...  good for you.   I just received my order of Wallis paper and yes it took a long time to get here.....  now I have painters block.... maybe because I'm so busy with projects that I have to do elsewhere.  My back has to get better before this weekend....

Kim, I have family in Chicago,  niece and nephew,  he is a doctor at the Cook's County Jail...  she is a buyer for Abbot Laboratories and they have a place in Florida as well,  somewhere I think near Sam. 

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 21 Feb 2013 7:21 PM

Fred, cool painting!  There are so many interesting colors, shapes and textures.

Alex & Marsha, do you use Wallis museum grade or professional grade paper? 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,521
Points 24,405
Berkenstock wrote
on 22 Feb 2013 1:57 PM

First off Fred I like your nebula painting with angle and bear.  You just never know when they are going to show up.

Jen I want to thank you for sending the winter weather to us.  The problem being we didn't;t get snow we got sleet and freezing rain.  So next time just keep it to yourselfWink

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 22 Feb 2013 2:34 PM

Lets hope he can bear the cold of space Fred

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,932
Points 49,230
Turps245 wrote
on 22 Feb 2013 3:56 PM
LOL Gerri, sorry you got the nasty stuff. The sun is out here and rapidly melting all that white stuff. It looks really pretty and sparkly! Hopefully you will get the warmer weather and sunshine too. :)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,275
wetpaperfan wrote
on 22 Feb 2013 4:09 PM

Jim,   LOL  that was beary cute....

Geri, so sorry you got the ugly stuff...  hopefully it will melt sooner than later

Jen, Glad it missed you,  and life is sparkly...

Sam,  I think Alex has Museum grade and I ordered one of each,  professional and museum grade.   I'm using the professional grade now for the first time.   I'll let you know....

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Page 37 of 218 (3269 items) « First ...  < Previous  35 36 37 38 39  Next >  ... Last » | RSS