challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,266 Replies | 25 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 19 Feb 2013 2:28 PM

Hi all, Another in my Mars series The First Dentist on Mars, even Mars has dragons,  friendly of course 11x14 Watercolor

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 19 Feb 2013 7:24 PM

OMG Fred, I marvel at your imagination!  What a beautiful dragon!  I love his colors, his wings and the little tear at the corner of his eye.  Did you do that rock (or should I say dentist's table) with the credit card method?

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 20 Feb 2013 9:58 AM

Thank you Sam and yes I did

Fred

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 20 Feb 2013 10:39 AM

Great bear in this fred dragons pretty good too  but I really like the bear

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 49,215
Turps245 wrote
on 20 Feb 2013 10:47 AM
Fred, I love the way you get so much emotion in your bears from just their stance. The Mars dragon is a cutie too. Love where your imagination takes us!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 49,215
Turps245 wrote
on 20 Feb 2013 12:51 PM

Well this time last week I was bragging about how warm it was and how I had the windows open and today we woke to this! Welcome to February in Arkansas! Hopefully the promised freezing rain will not materialize.  It will be all gone in a couple of days but it is fun to look at.

The view from my living room today.Cool

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 20 Feb 2013 1:18 PM

Hey Jen, We had one morning like this, just beautiful. Now here is proof positive that there are bears in space,  this is a photo taken by the Hubble Space telescope of the gas and dust of the Carina Nebula some 7500 light years away from earth. Big Smile

Fred

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 49,215
Turps245 wrote
on 20 Feb 2013 2:06 PM
Fred, we never doubted you! Looks like he may have a musical instrument in hand too! We now have a second round of snow coming in that is supposed to be bigger than the first! Glad I am not going anywhere!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 20 Feb 2013 3:00 PM

Well Jen I would love to see at least one more snow this winter but none is forecast,but you did give me an idea maybe it would be appropriate to send a couple of musical bears to Mars  Big Smile

Fred

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 49,215
Turps245 wrote
on 20 Feb 2013 3:16 PM
Fred, excellent idea! I thought at the time that he had the same instrument as President Clinton played but could not thInk of the name but I think it was a saxophone. You could have a jazz playing bunch of bears!! Sure to impress or terrify the natives. Then that opens up a whole new thought of extra terrestrial musical instruments and all kinds of combinations of dances, clubs, and dances. Get some ideas from Marsha for Vegas on Mars! The possibilities are endless! Go for it!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 20 Feb 2013 5:18 PM

Jen you are right it was a Saxophone,   wow! Bears in Vegas on Mars hmmmm.    I would consider a Bear playing a Trumpet first so he could Herald in the rest of the players .. A Herald is A person who carries or proclaims important news; a messenger.  A bear that gives a sign or indication of something to come; a harbinger:   oh how I love to write...

Fred,  I loved the bear in the Carina Nebula, I downloaded the picture to draw lines around what I saw.  MY GOODNESS so many bears.   I believe it should be called Ursidae Nebula because of all of the Ursus within it.    What a beautiful Nebula.  

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 49,215
Turps245 wrote
on 20 Feb 2013 5:51 PM
Oh my goodness more bears! I am looking forward to seeing what Fred comes up with. His imaginations is fertile enough without our help! They are digging up rocks on Mars today. Maybe we should start Mars rocking! Ha, ha! The snow has stopped . We are now waiting for round two tonight. Freezing rain. Hopefully we won't get much as that is always the worst. I don't fancy power outages. We are such babies here as we don't get this much. I am sure those of you in the Northeast would laugh at our panic at a few inches! :(

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 20 Feb 2013 6:17 PM

Jen.   get lots of pictures while you can.   I'm bundled up today here in Las Vegas and on Monday I heard the first doves cooing.  

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 20 Feb 2013 7:04 PM

Jen, your snow photo is pretty.  Snow is so deceivingly pretty.  Hope you didn't get iced in and that your power stays on.  We don't went you to freeze.

Fred, so there is Bear Rock  out there.  You knew it all along.  That's one interesting photo.

Marsha, it's like you were play where's Waldo only it was bears and not Waldo.  You have a sharp eye.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 49,215
Turps245 wrote
on 20 Feb 2013 7:08 PM

Marsha I haven't taken many pictures because not much of interest but here is one of my poor gnomes freezing in the snow. Before my art teacher got sick she and I started working with clay and had a lot of fun as we knew nothing! These are a couple of my gnomes. Most I made for other s and sold but the big one I made we we were in Georgia for a while and the other i made here. there is a third you can't se and the big mound is a mushroom I bought! I haven't made anything for a couple of years as my teacher got too sick to fire them and now we don't have a kiln.

Page 36 of 218 (3267 items) « First ...  < Previous  34 35 36 37 38  Next >  ... Last » | RSS