challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,266 Replies | 25 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,991
Points 50,335
Turps245 wrote
on 12 Feb 2013 6:00 PM
Marsha, sounds like a fun night especially winning art fun! It is always interesting seeing what other artists do and say.

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 12 Feb 2013 7:46 PM

Geri, I like all your doodles on the card especially those in the heart and the background.  As I look at this, I get the feelilng that I'm being stared at!  This is clever and she'll love it.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 12 Feb 2013 7:50 PM

Fred, you're going to town with those pastels and now that you have a new set, I'm sure we'll see a lot more of your charming paintings.  Nice barn and sky.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,991
Points 50,335
Turps245 wrote
on 12 Feb 2013 10:25 PM

Well this is the second version of the birthday card I made for my friend. The first one I messed up with a blob of paint and as the card was for drawing and not WC it buckled slightly so second go on WC paper! WC is not my medium of first choice as I am not good at it but it was a challenge. I couldn't find the frisket to save the whites and I always forget that is what you have to do with WC. Still it gave me something to do while listening to the State of the Union so that's good! Hopefully she will like it. It has been raining or snowing or both most of the Summer and Winter in England so I hoped this would brighten her day.

this is actually bigger than the card! which is 4x6 WC paper and WC

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 12 Feb 2013 11:40 PM

Oh, Jen, your friend is going to be so pleased with this original wc painting from her friend.  This painting certainly speaks of spring.  Your flowers are very well done.  Of course, you know that if you want to put whites over wc, you can us a colored pencil or crayon.  Pencil goes very nicely over wc.  The purple on the pitcher and the shadow gives you good continuity and color harmony.  This painting is so bright and that's partly due to the use of complementary colors.  Well done.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,042
Points 22,355
Hearadh wrote
on 13 Feb 2013 3:25 AM

I thought you may like to see me in action with the small paint box (Challenge painting), my hair has turned white since then but otherwise I am the same !  I was in France at the time.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,586
Points 25,525
Berkenstock wrote
on 13 Feb 2013 5:26 AM

Jen this little 4 x 6 please of paper on a cold gloomy English day will bring joy to someone.  If it isn't framed it will be put up to be brought out to spread joy on several days as needed.

My mother inlaw is from Northern Ireland and my sister in law wants me to design a card for her to send out to her friends on St PATTY'S DAY.  If anyone has a picture of someone dressed up as a Leprechaun please get in touch with me. I don't want any artwork just real people dressed like one.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 13 Feb 2013 6:22 AM

Sarah, I didn't realize that your wc paint box was so small.  How handy that is for traveling.  Great shot of you painting in the city of art.  Thanks for sharing. 

Not Ranked
Posts 47
Points 1,165
Lore9018 wrote
on 13 Feb 2013 7:59 AM

Hello everybody, this is my "Last Supper". The original is "In remembrance of me" by Walter Rane, all credits to him.

I'm sorry for the bad quality of the image. This is a liitle frustrating :'(

Is color pencils and pastels on "Romaní" paper (this is how we call it here, is the same paper students use for technical drawing), 60 x 35 cm.

Lore

C&C PLEASE!!! Geeked

"... to have been loved so deeply, even thought the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever. It is in your very skin."

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 327
Points 5,695
Kim513 wrote
on 13 Feb 2013 8:37 AM

JEN - What a lovely, delicate ptg. for your firend. She'll be uplifted.

SARAH - Agree, it's hard to tell how small the pan is from the ptg. posted, but seeing it here just emphasizes what a good job you did to observe it all (with magnifying glass?!!). Nice photo to see you in action...envious of the opp. that you had then.

LORE - This is wonderful. You manage faces so very well. Your version is a lighter touch than the orig. and I like your interp.. I hope you share this with your church too.

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 13 Feb 2013 9:03 AM

I'm sure it will Jen ,it has brightened mine

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,991
Points 50,335
Turps245 wrote
on 13 Feb 2013 9:56 AM
Thank you, Sammy, Gerri, Kim and Fred. I do hope she likes it.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,991
Points 50,335
Turps245 wrote
on 13 Feb 2013 10:00 AM
Sarah, good to see you and the paintbox in action. Where you taking a workshop? Lucky you having the opportunity to paint in France.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,991
Points 50,335
Turps245 wrote
on 13 Feb 2013 10:04 AM
Lore, beautiful CP version of the last supper.you have done an excellent job. The faces are very expressive.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 13 Feb 2013 10:39 AM

I enlarged this quite a bit in order to get a good look at.  The faces are wonderful and so are the delicate colors.  I agree that it would be darker.  Well done painting.

Page 31 of 218 (3267 items) « First ...  < Previous  29 30 31 32 33  Next >  ... Last » | RSS