challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,268 Replies | 26 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 25 Jan 2013 4:41 PM

Happy Anniversary Fred and Ruth.  Very cute and romantic card. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 25 Jan 2013 4:44 PM

If you are interested in viewing a wonderful painting with excellent values, check out the painting titled "Apples" in the Members Gallery. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 25 Jan 2013 6:32 PM

Jim, your warm tones worked well in this. Nice one.

Fred - Interesting continuation of the story. Congrats on your anniv. too. Sweet card. Ones made from the heart are the best.

Sam - Yes, the Member Gallery's Apples was excellent, but I was even  more impressed by her Childrens' Portrait, inc. the composition. Thanks for pointing her out.

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,275
wetpaperfan wrote
on 25 Jan 2013 9:06 PM

As I said in the January post.  I  am fighting the flu,  I didn't get my flu shot and I am feeling the repercussion from it.

Jim:   lovely fairy princess.   dozing and the frog prince is keeping watch and will really hurt anyone who tries to hurt her...  great flowers... the poppies pop.

FRED: what a wonderful find...  and they look so friendly,   maybe like our american indians that greeted us friendly like to begin with.....  I want a cart like that.   I need to ask my husband to make one....

SAM:  I lost my dad at 14 and I was raised like an only child as my brother was 11 years older than me.  so I was wild, she owned a nursing home and that is what I grew up in from 4 until I ran off and got married at 15 just go get out of there.....  The Members Apples were terrific.

FRED:   Ruthie is a blessed gal.  I love my husband so much.... she will love this endearing piece. 

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 25 Jan 2013 10:29 PM

Wow! Marsha.  Raised in a nursing home.  That was tough.  Life isn't always easy and it isn't always easy to make lemonade from lemons but we must try.  We both have come a long way.  Thanks for sharing that.  I feel like I know you a little better.

I'm sorry that you are sick and glad that you have such a helpful hubby.  Get well real quick.  We love to hear from you and we love to see your art.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,932
Points 49,230
Turps245 wrote
on 26 Jan 2013 12:49 AM
Sammy And Sammy your rocky starts honed two lovely women. It's not the lemons we get it is the lemonade we make with them. Marsha hope you get well soon. This flu is rough and I am constantly washing my hands! I am enjoying my little boys and Curly one is so hyped and excited. We went to the park for half an hour just before sundown to run the fidgets out of him. ( wasn't long enough!!!) hopefully he will be a little calmer after a nights sleep. Smiley one was adorable but a little wary of Granny. He' s already scooting everywhere and will be crawling soon I bet. Mum liked the painting but we haven't been able to talk about it much!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 200
Points 3,665
on 26 Jan 2013 8:01 AM

Happy Anniversary Fred!  Love the special card

Marsha - GET WELL SOON!!!  We haven't been bitten by that nasty bug ..... yet, but several teachers in the district have been, so I've been pretty busy subbing these past couple weeks.

I started a painting of The Guardian Angel (see post on my blog:  www.phelpssart.blogspot.com )  I modernized it a bit.  Does anyone know who originally painted it?  I think it's a German artist from what I gather.  The title is German:  "Heilige Schutzengel"  translated:  "Holy Guardian Angel"  But other than that, have no idea.  The reason for this variation is two fold:  Our local art guild has a challenge every year, and this year's challenge is to take a famous piece of art, and using the same composition, make it your own.  We call it "composition revisited".  Secondly, as a teacher I wanted to paint something to help heal my heart after such pain and tragedy due to ............................ no more to be said. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 26 Jan 2013 1:03 PM

Fred nice anniversary card  ,may you paint many more pages

Thanks Kim and Marsha for your nice comments

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 26 Jan 2013 1:41 PM

Sheila, your guardian angle is super.  He looks so big and powerful.  I love the soft pastel colors and flowing robes and hair.  I also like that his wings are so massive and that they go out of the pictures on both sides.  This promises to be an exquisite paintings.  I'll be checking your blog to see the progression.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,522
Points 24,410
Berkenstock wrote
on 26 Jan 2013 3:02 PM

Jim I did not mean anything when I changed your picture.  On my laptop it was so dark That I could not see the frog and barley seen the fairy.  I thought you were having trouble posting it with your camera and I was trying to help.  I am sorry if I stepped on any toes Nothing of the sort was intended.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 26 Jan 2013 4:16 PM

Geri I took absolutely no offence whatsoever I appreciate your comments and especially your frankness that is more constructive than all sugarcoating  please continue as you have been doing besides which I wish I would have used a lighter BG

Sheila I visited your web a Beautiful start on your painting very well done

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 27 Jan 2013 6:10 AM

My orchid so far. I'm only posting this because now I need to add the cast shadows and finish the details on the white orchid area and if I mess them up I want a record that I got this far. :)

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 27 Jan 2013 6:36 AM

Catherine, you have done a really good job on this orchid painting.  The values on the pot are super and the variety of colors and values on the leaves are also good.  The distant orchid is muted which makes it stay back where it belongs.  I think the close orchid will be really pretty once you take care of the whites.  The only suggestions I have is to curve the bottom of the pot since it is a round object and lift just a few highlights on the leaves.  I'm looking forward to seeing this completed.  It promises to be beautiful.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 27 Jan 2013 7:21 AM

Thank you Sam! I've done the shadow on the far right side wall and before I go any further I'm going to eat some breakfast and feed the birds and then settle in to take care of that bottom curve of the pot and then go for it. I seem to have a block when it comes to the bottom of round pots there for some reason. I'm glad I read your comment here or I would have been trying to repair that curve after the fact. The only regret I have is that I took the white orchid head on and I think it would have been better to paint it in profile.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 27 Jan 2013 7:51 AM

Catherine, I think the orchid facing forward is pretty.  If you get some shadows or darks behind that orchid it will pop.  You'll have the opportunity to paint all different angles of the flowers once more of those buds open.

I commented on this before and after my morning walk.  It was so foggy that I had to be very cautious since I walk on the street.  Now that the sun is up, the fog is lifting. I'm going to do my floor exercises, get my breakfast and get on with my day.  I think I'll have some time for art today too.

• | Post Points: 50
Page 19 of 218 (3269 items) « First ...  < Previous  17 18 19 20 21  Next >  ... Last » | RSS