challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,266 Replies | 25 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 24 Jan 2013 8:55 AM

Well, I hate to add a sad note to the discussion about daughters but we girls pretty much raised ourselves.  Mother died at 40 giving birth to the last girl.  I was nine and my younger sister was just short of 8.  The older girls were 19 and 18.  Daddy worked nights two weeks out of four and the nights that he didn't work, he spent with the guys playing cards and drinking beer.

Yes, we fought like cats and dogs, too.  We were all vying for non-existent love.  When I was 14, I was the oldest at home and I did the grocery shopping, cooking for what it was worth, laundry and what housekeeping was done.  The baby was five then.  My sisters are scattered all over the country.  Pittsburgh,  Nashville, LA.  One passed away last year.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 24 Jan 2013 1:29 PM

Interlude In A Field of Poppies [I started this before Catherine posted the orchid or this would have a slightly differant title]

Jim C&C welcomed

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 24 Jan 2013 3:09 PM

Nice one Jim, Still looking for you on Mars.  Bennie @Ruthie discover an oasis crater populated by the little Martians

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,587
Points 25,545
Berkenstock wrote
on 24 Jan 2013 4:42 PM

Jim I was having trouble seeing your painting because it was so dark.  I took the liberty of photo shopping it a bit.  I don't know what the original looked like I hope this is close The fairy is getting sexyer and sexyer all the time.  Nice job.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,587
Points 25,545
Berkenstock wrote
on 24 Jan 2013 4:46 PM

What will the bears find next?  I hope they have some nice fish to catch.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 200
Points 3,665
on 24 Jan 2013 8:44 PM

Sam - Thanks for sharing a part of your childhood.  Those memories can never be erased, but new ones can take their place in the forefront of our minds.  You have accomplished so much.  When you were 14, did you have the dream of being an acomplished artist? 

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 200
Points 3,665
on 24 Jan 2013 8:52 PM

Jim - I knew it!!!  That poison arrow frog - along with the poppies have really taken their tole on the beautiful fairy princess.   I really like this composition - my favorite of all.  I especially like the development of the character of the fairy princess.  You have posed her delicatly on that flower petal.  Kudos!!!

Fred - Great find!!!  Water, Martians, Bears - PARTY????  You amaze me with each addition to this series.  Thank you for your imagination and continued inspiration!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,992
Points 50,370
Turps245 wrote
on 24 Jan 2013 9:27 PM
Sammy, how sad to loose your Mum so young. Shame that your Dad was not more caring. Did you girls have to raise the baby by yourselves? My MILwas five when her next sibling was born and as her Mum wore a boot from having had Polio MIL had to feed, diaper etc her brothers and following sisters because her Mum could not go upstairs. Seemed like an excuse to put on a child to me as why not have the baby downstairs. Seems like that was the way of things in those days. At least you grew into a kind and loving person, with lovely happy grandchildren.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,992
Points 50,370
Turps245 wrote
on 24 Jan 2013 9:31 PM
Jim, this is a beautiful painting of the fairy and frog. The flowers make a great backdrop for them.she looks either tired or coy not sure which. FRED, more adventures on Mars it certainly has a diverse population. The tiny Marshions are so cute and friendly.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 25 Jan 2013 8:23 AM

Thank you Fred ,Geri ,Sheila and Jen  I will get to mars soon Fred  .Geri I like the green blue BG idea but the painting has a burnt umber black mix and is as dark as the photo I'm running out of ideas for poses for the princess so I thought a nap for her couldn't hurt

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 25 Jan 2013 9:10 AM

Jim, the fairy is lovely and so are the flowers.  I'd like to see more lights on both so that they would stand out better.

Fred, well, the crater critters sure do makes friends easily.  Maybe it's because Bennie and Ruthie are such lovely, friendly bears.  I'm impressed by the equipment those bears managed to develop while on the red planet. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 25 Jan 2013 12:28 PM

Hi folksThank you for your comments about my bears.  I painted this to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,587
Points 25,545
Berkenstock wrote
on 25 Jan 2013 1:05 PM

Very nice Fred.  I bet this is one of Ruthie favorite paintings.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,992
Points 50,370
Turps245 wrote
on 25 Jan 2013 1:17 PM
Fred, I can't believe another year has gone by so quickly. Congratulations to you and Ruth and may you have many more happy years together!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 25 Jan 2013 3:26 PM

That is such a sweet painting. Happy Anniversary Fred!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Page 18 of 218 (3267 items) « First ...  < Previous  16 17 18 19 20  Next >  ... Last » | RSS