challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,266 Replies | 25 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,991
Points 50,335
Turps245 wrote
on 20 Jan 2013 5:07 PM
MARSHA, excellent photos of the Lilly Pads. We see Road Runners here too occasionally. SANAA, interesting subjects. Yes Jim will definitely go for tha fairy! JIM, nice work on the fairy face. It must be lovevthat is making her prettier! FRED, looks like Bernie is quite the explorrer. Where did the name come from?

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 20 Jan 2013 6:56 PM

Fred, Bernie is certainly having an adventure.  Looking forward to the fairy on Mars.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 21 Jan 2013 7:42 AM

Fred..I love all of your new paintings! The have such a story, you're so creative!

Welcome Sanna. I reallly like your photos. Did you make the hearts and are they clay or better yet...cookies?

Jim...California Dreaming is so pretty! You've done her face so gentle and such a lovely woman/fairy!

Marsha..I like the waterlily photos you've posted. I've started the photo that Kim posted but I'm just in the process of mixing the greens I want to use.

I made a light box yesterday out of a cardboard box and some drawing paper. It's 12x16 inc. and is light weight enough for me to move around easy. My goal this year is  to focus on my drawing as much as my painting. I'd like to have a few nice still life paintings done by the end of this year.  I will post a picture of my light box. the light I was using for the photo is just the light on my kitchen table.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 21 Jan 2013 7:49 AM

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 21 Jan 2013 2:06 PM

Hi all, I joined a group on facebook called painting the winter barn it's a new group a little like ours with a new challenge every month or so,this a submission of mine but I could not resist adding a bearDevil I used AQUA tone watercolor pencils on 7x10 HP paper

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 21 Jan 2013 3:51 PM

I know it was incomplete without the bear Fred it's mandatory

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,991
Points 50,335
Turps245 wrote
on 21 Jan 2013 8:51 PM
Catherine, great set up I will be interested to see what you paint from it.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,991
Points 50,335
Turps245 wrote
on 21 Jan 2013 8:52 PM
Fred, the bear just makes this landscape complete. Nice work.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 21 Jan 2013 9:14 PM

Sam:  Thank you  I did find the double ended ones.   just ordered them.   nice to know about the op and pastel.. thanks

Artista / Sanaa:   very nice photos.  

Jim:   I have so many critters in the back yard I think I saw the fairy there enticing my african bull frogs last summer....and eating our green  grapes  tee hee...  very nice painting and colors

Kim:   I will post a couple of pics I found of my three big guys (koi) playing in the falls.   about once a day they hang out under the falls and come out of the water to feel the water hitting their back,  its a trip to watch them push each other over so each can have a turn.... they have their own personalities as well as the frogs who have been in the yard for 10 years, I got them as poly wogs.  they are in hybernation right now. 

Fred:  is that Curiosity or Opportunity,  can you believe after 10 years they are still working.... regarding your cabin in the snow,  I liked it better with the bear....

Cath:   Interesting light box.   It will be great to see some of the pictures you will get using it.  

Myself: as I said in the challenge post,  I'm having art block.... hmmmmm

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,586
Points 25,525
Berkenstock wrote
on 21 Jan 2013 9:57 PM

Fred both paintings are nice.  I believe the one with the bear is the best because of the great contrast it grabs your attention and draws you into the picture.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,586
Points 25,525
Berkenstock wrote
on 21 Jan 2013 10:05 PM

Catherine I can see where your setup can be very helpful in studying shadows.

I think that when people talk about a light box it is a box with lights in it with frosted glass over them.  It is used to look at slides and negatives by photographers or tracing the finished drawing onto good paper after you do your rough sketches with all the erasers.  It is like what you see doctors on TV but X-rays on so they can see them.  I may be wrong but I think I have my terminology right.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 22 Jan 2013 12:10 AM

Geri I have to let you know that you are in-correct and correct at the same time.   yes you have have a light box for slide viewing an or tracing etc   BUT  a light box Term is also used for Still life Photography

More information for the Giottos ST 120, 19.7" x 19.7" x 19.7" Portable Soft Light Box for Still Life Photography

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,586
Points 25,525
Berkenstock wrote
on 22 Jan 2013 12:24 AM

Thank you Marsha I stand corrected and I have learned something.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 22 Jan 2013 4:56 AM

I used the wrong term as what I built is a "still life box"not a light box. I don't know why I said light box. The  instructions to build the still life box were in the book I just got a couple of weeks ago called Understanding Values by Ken Goldman. This is as far as I got on the salt shaker before I lost the natural light yesterday. This cold front has got it's grip on me and is making me lazy so I wrote at the top of this drawing the words EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. to remind me to draw something  every day. The paper was the Strathmore drawing paper I got from Cragislist and the actual salt shaker drawing is 6x2 inches.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 22 Jan 2013 5:04 AM

Cath this is a great drawing of a salt shaker.    really really good. 

Geri,   tomorrow I will learn something too.   I promise..

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Page 14 of 218 (3267 items) « First ...  < Previous  12 13 14 15 16  Next >  ... Last » | RSS