challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,268 Replies | 26 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 2 Jan 2013 5:49 PM

double yea to Courtney...  I contacted her yesterday and she got right on it about getting the January Challenge up and visible.   She left me an email this morning... 

SHIELA:   Glad to see you up close and personal....again...

FRED:   I love the old codger,   upon close inspection ,,,  it appears he isn't quite happy with brew yet.   kinda has a curl on his mouth,  but then again maybe that is a look of UM GOOD JUST RIGHT!  I love the expression,,,  and your painting.

SAM & HOLLY:   I agree with the numbering,  its an excellent filing reference system.   I know Coartney is fixing the titles up, but I believe the person that sets up the site can make a change as well,  correct me if I'm wrong.  

It may be awhile before we have everyone logged into the 2013 Chatter.  But I would like to remind everyone especially the new comers to "Click on the   "" EMAIL ME WHEN SOMEONE REPLIES TO THIS POST" "  This will keep you informed each time someone posts to the site so you can stay in touch by watching without logging in each time.     I have a flagging method,  I flag the email that has a painting attached , this way I can go back and reply to it later but be able to grab the email for reference when I need to.      This is just my method,  not carved in stone or painted on canvas...  

Just to let you know,  Holly posted in April 2012 challenge  for those who would like to see her completed Swan taking flight in Oil.   Its very lovely.

Lets all have a blast this year...

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 2 Jan 2013 7:17 PM

Big Smile Marsha - I had messaged Courtney on New Year's Eve about the January challenge just after Geri told me about his dreaded "review by moderator" message so she got a double whammy - -but that's OK  - she is such a sweetie and it does not need to be me who contacts her - any of us can be in touch with her - she is really a big help and like I said before, she is one of our biggest cheerleaders! Big Smile

We are certainly starting this year out with a rush of good stuff - - lets all get busy and paint.

Holly

C & C always welcomed and encouraged.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 200
Points 3,665
on 2 Jan 2013 7:59 PM

I would be very honored to host the August challenge.  Please remind me when time gets close.  Thanks!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 3 Jan 2013 9:13 AM

Sheila - You are on the schedule now - - for August.  Thanks a bunch!

Holly

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 200
Points 3,665
on 3 Jan 2013 9:40 AM

Thanks Holly - glad that there was still an open month.  

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 3 Jan 2013 5:00 PM

I've had a sick kitty for about a week now.  I took her to the vet last week and he kept her overnight - she had an upper respiratory infection and was dehydrated.  Now how does a house-kitty with all of her immunizations manage to get a URI??  I'm afraid I'm going to have to take her back - - this week she has been sneezing for several days.  (I don't think I've ever seen or heard a cat sneeze before.)  She seems to feel OK, except she is sleeping a little more that ususal.  This morning I was busy posting stuff here in the #14 challenge - my challenge was to do it with her in my lap.  And then, all of a sudden I remembered I had an appt. with the doc this AM and I hadn't even gotten dressed yet!  I did some fast and furious scurrying around and made to the appt. just in time. (Whew!)  (He is pleased with my progress, by the way.)  The rest of the day I have been reading because that's about the only comfortable thing to do with a cat in my lap.  She was my "velcro" kitty before she had to stay overnight at the vet, but she's my "super glue kitty" now.  No painting today.  My step son gave me a photo of 2 Mardi Gras Indians about 2 years ago and hinted very strongly that his feelings wouldn't be hurt if I painted them for him.  I didn't get around to starting it until last week - - I keep thinking I have bitten off too much with this one - but we'll see.  I have been taking progress picctures after each day of working on it so it should be fun to see them all lined up when I finish it.

Holly

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,842
Points 47,370
Turps245 wrote
on 3 Jan 2013 5:24 PM
Holly you can bring stuff in on your clothes and cats can get colds just like us. Just keep her warm and hydrated. She may need some anti biotics if she can't get rid of it. Good luck with getting a pill down an unwilling cat's throat! I used to throw it down mines throat and hold her jaw and tip back her head until she swallowed but cats are sneaky and unlike dogs won't take a pill in food. They can hold pills for ever then spit them out. Glad despite all that dashing about that you got a good report. You definitely must have more lung power if you could do that. Yea! You can paint more than you think. Look how well you did with the painting of your nephew.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 3 Jan 2013 5:36 PM

Jen - The reason the vet kept her overnight was to hydrate her and "stuff" her full of antibiotics (via IV) so I wouldn't have to try to give her a pill.  But then he want me to come get her early the next morning 'cause she wasn't eating - - she was drinking water ok but they couldn't get her to eat but a bite or two.  He felt like she would eat better at home.  What he didn''t remember and obviously didn't put on her chart is that she is a VERY picky eater - - she won't eat anything but one specific brand of dry cat food.  She turns up her nose at canned wet food and people food (even shrimp) but she does like to lick the top of the butter if we forget and leave it on the table.  She is 10 years old and has never been sick before, so all in all I guess I'm lucky!

Holly

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 200
Points 3,665
on 3 Jan 2013 5:56 PM

Sam - wondering if the painting of your baby girl is the same girl you painted as an adult? 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 3 Jan 2013 7:19 PM

Sheila, yes, both paintings are of Nancy.  She is my one and only daughter.  She was the most happy, pleasant baby.  Always smiling.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 4 Jan 2013 10:17 AM

Marsha, I hope I didn't blew you off regarding your question about getting started in pastel and oil pastel.  I never had a lesson in oil pastel and there are not any other artists here that use it.  I learned everything I know about OPs from the OP thread at Wet Canvas.  I took some pastel lessons in the early '70s but have rarely used them and I'm not very sure of myself with the medium.  Jen is more knowledgeable and experienced than I am.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 4 Jan 2013 6:21 PM

I can't keep up with you guys in the January Challenge thread!  This is a photo of the ham pie I just put in the oven.  Dinner soon - and I'm ready!

(I don't know how to make the photos smaller - - I guess you didn't need a poster sized photo of a ham pie.  Wink   )

Holly

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 4 Jan 2013 7:29 PM

Holly, the ham pie is a work of art.  Love it.  What do you put in it besides ham?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,842
Points 47,370
Turps245 wrote
on 4 Jan 2013 10:43 PM
Hmm Yum. No fair encouraging our taste buds like that! Agree with Sammy it is a work of art.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 200
Points 3,665
on 5 Jan 2013 11:58 AM

Sad that I have never heard of ham pie - looks scrumptuous.  Recipie???

So glad to be retired from teaching full time.  Gives me more studio time and have started training again for the Denver - Colfax half-marathon in May.  Had such a great time last year, signed up for another go round.... 

Looks like the January challenge is off to a great start!!! 

Page 3 of 218 (3269 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS