This post has 3,268 Replies | 26 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 5:40 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone and . . .

Good Morning, All!

Welcome to the new "challenge CHATTER !!" thread.

This is the place for you to post and chat about things not related to the specific Challenges - an opportunity for us all to share our joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and let us all get acquainted. The "challenge CHATTER !!" thread will run annually rather than changing monthly as our Challenges do.

If you are responding to a comment on a previous "challenge CHATTER !!" thread, it would be less confusing if you "quote the comment" you are responding to and respond in the current "challenge CHATTER !!" thread.

Be sure, also, to check out these two Artist Daily forums: Non-Art Discussions and Outside the Studio. There are some really great threads and discussion going on in those two forums, too! Specific media, as well as specific subject matter forums are available here too. This is an exciting web site – be sure to take advantage of all of its full range of features.

Your non-challenge related paintings can always be posted in their media specific forums here on Artist Daily, and I encourage you all to follow the example of others and do that frequently! It's so much fun to see everyone’s art work!

Our little corner of Artist Daily, AMPC, is growing and sometimes it's difficult to remember who posted what when we are replying to someone or reading other's replies. With that in mind, please be sure to sign your posts with the name you wish to be addressed by. When you are responding to someone's specific post, please use their name so everyone will know who you are responding to. If you would like, it is really easy to just create a "signature line" that will automatically appear at the end of all of your posts. (Start a "conversation" with me or with Sammy ["A Gal Named Sam"], if you need instructions.)

Holly

C & C always welcomed and encouraged.

• | Post Points: 425
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 7:46 PM

. . . and our new thread is here for 2013!!!

(The only reason I did this post is to bring the new "chatter" thread back to the top.  I will post some paintings and "stuff" tomorrow.)

Oh, by the way - -

Geri has posted our new Challenge for January, but he got the dreaded "moderator needs to review" message. I have messaged Courtney but it IS New Year's Eve. - - if she happens to be watching her messages, it will go up - otherwise we may not be able to see it until Wednesday.

Holly

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 7:48 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!!!

Hello to Holly,   boy you came in just in time.....  HOOORAY!!!!

I'm getting ready to go and bake some pumpkin cookies...  Its cold and I figure the oven heat shouldn't go to waste...  got nothin better to do... sooooo cookie heaven here we come...   I'll diet later....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,822
Points 46,970
Turps245 wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 9:16 PM
Happy New Year Marsha and everyone. It is still 2012 here but they have been setting off fireworks since 7:30 this evening so I guess we can have fun. Send some cookies our way as I didn't make any Christmas stuff as it is all left in small tummies in Chicago!! I can't believe another year has passed and we are starting a new chatter! What a lot of new friend's we have met since then. Hope we have another productive and creative year!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 10:01 PM

Jen, We will have a ball,  I just popped a bottle of champagne from 2001 and it has aged well,   wonderful stuff....

bought some noise makers for the dogs and will give to them ...  now watching Kathy and Anderson Cooper... toooo funny....

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 10:02 PM

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,822
Points 46,970
Turps245 wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 10:34 PM
Ditto!! I' m watching Kathy and Anderson too. I don't really like her but I like to see it all u nfold around the world. Howard is ignoring it all in his office as usual! Hope I am more productive than last year seemed like I was gone all the time. I'd draw one back but no camera, bummer!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,822
Points 46,970
Turps245 wrote
on 1 Jan 2013 12:02 AM
Soooooooooooo! Happy New Year from Arkansas!!! We made it!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 1 Jan 2013 6:56 AM

I don't care for her as well,  I felt sorry for Anderson...  we had to switch channels she was driving my husband crazy....  our Las Vegas New Year was super fantastico.....    best every...  I got to thinking, no one back east stays up to watch ours... but we watch theirs...   hmmmm kinda like the elections.  

Well good bye 2012 and HELLO  2013....   over and OUT!   Its been swell....

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 200
Points 3,665
on 1 Jan 2013 8:07 AM

Blessings on a New Year!!!  May 2013 be a artistically productive for all!!!  Looking forward to reading great posts and learning much.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 1 Jan 2013 10:35 AM

Hi to all - I don't think I posted this painting here yet - If I have, then just ignore it.  BUT - this reference photo is of our nephew.  The photo was made the year before he was diagnosed with ALS and at a point when his health was at it's peak.  He is doing what he loved best - enjoying the out of doors.  He and our niece were married in May 2009, and in August 2009 he got his diagnosis.  He is still doing fairly well and they now have a daughter who will celebrate her first birthday in February.  I have really wanted to do this painting for a long time and started it back in the early spring before I started feeling so "puny" - - I have been able to get up the stairs to my studio and do some painting lately -- (Boy, am I HAPPY!) and this was the first one I tackled.  I gave it to them at Thanksgiving.  (I wanted to honor him now, rather than memorialize him later!)

The first is the reference photo and the second is my painting.  The painting is 9x12 in oil on canvas board.  (Sorry about the glare on the top of the painting.)

(I keep thinking I have posted this before - sorry if I have.)

Holly

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 1 Jan 2013 1:35 PM

Just thought I would rub it in.  I HAVE STARTED MY JANUARY  CHALLENGE DRAWING. Big Smile Sorry about that but I got some MICRON pens for Christmas and I have put off using them too long now.  Hope you all get to post Tomorrow.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 1 Jan 2013 1:43 PM

You are funny, Geri!  Let us know how you like the Micron pens.  I have never done any pen stuff. 

I just paged back thru 2012's chatter thread and I DID post the painting of Royce jumping the rocks in December on the 9th and I can't delete it now.  Sorry for the duplicate posting.  I kept thinking I had posted it before but I didn't find it.  My memory seemes to be escaping me more each day!  LOL - - !

While I was paging back, I saw so many good paintings by all of you - There is so much I have missed.  Sad

Holly

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,822
Points 46,970
Turps245 wrote
on 1 Jan 2013 1:54 PM
Have fun with your new toys Gerri. I am still mooching around getting used to the day so go ahead and rush to it ! :) Don't worry Holly those meds will mess up your mind! Hope things get clearer as you get better.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 2 Jan 2013 1:28 PM

Hi all  Someone asked awhile back about the hillbillys so I thought I'd do another I call this Sampling The Product 11x14 watercolor limited palette Aureolin yellow ,cobolt blue, rose madder,white and paynes grey

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 110
Page 1 of 218 (3269 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS