2013 ALL MEDIA PHOTO CHALLENGE---January #27

This post has 539 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 14 Feb 2013 6:10 PM
oops, I accidentally posted this twice and it didn't show up either time. Figured out it was because a link was given. I re-did this w/o a link, but did want to answer the ?. If the other 2 posts go thru later (doubt they will if not now), just ignore and I'll delete when I catch it. Sorry.
JEN, SAM, & MARSHA - Thanks for your kind words. This took many twists/ turns literally, after re-doing his hair many times, moving his mouth/nose only to put it back where it was, re-doing his head shape, and on & on...Finally had to do it upside down to get it.  It's probably the best w/c that I've done, so it'll likely be all downhill from here. The encouraging words from you, Geri, and Jim, mean a lot.

GERI - So glad you liked it! I do hope the mom likes it. I really liked your grandson's expression and just his look of innocence - precious. Reminds me of some farm kids that I know and wish I could clone.  It was a great photo.

Member's gallery...haven't checked that out and not sure what it's all about. Thought we could only post in one thread for same art. I am still finding my way around this forum.

To answer your ?, I also posted my ptg. at Paintdoodles (dot com) - click on Art Forum (can search for title Nate with his Goat...not nearly as much activity at that site tho. If you want to chk on it but can't find it, I can send you a link personally.

JIM - Thanks so very much! You may enjoy trying some w/c pencils sometime.  I've not done many w/c pencil ptgs. - hated using w/c pencils orig., but am enjoying them now due to their convenience and being able to use with a brush (wet brush just taking off the tips of the pencils). I can take them in a pencil case inc. a couple brushes with a cheap wide-mouth water bottle that I dedicated for painting. Pop a small w/c paper and bit of paper towel into my bag, and it's ready to take if planning on waiting in a doctor's office, etc.. Also, packs up in a few sec. if not too wet. Trying to twist your arm to try. :)

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 14 Feb 2013 7:07 PM

Kim, you can post the same thing you post here in the Member's Gallery.  You'll get a different and larger audience who will make comments on your work.  People don't usually critique work posted there but just don't comment if it doesn't interest them.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 996
Points 14,495
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 14 Feb 2013 11:23 PM

What a great picture of Geri's Grandson Nate and his kid goat. The watercolour is wonderful and light. It was well worth waiting for.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 15 Feb 2013 3:03 PM

Bonnie - Thanks so much!

Sam - I apprec. your expla. about the Gallery. I submitted the piece and may comment on a few of others' today, but I can see that will take a lot of time to keep that up. Keeping up with the Chatter and Monthly Photo Chall. is hard to keep up with.

Jim, Catherine, and Geri - Thanks for your comments on the Members Gallery. I didn't see a reply for that, so hope y'all see this here. Geri - had to chuckle about your being biased...yep, maybe.

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 15 Feb 2013 4:49 PM

Kim, a quick way to view the Member's Gallery is to click on "View Slideshow" just above the paintings.  You'll get larger pictures and you can control the speed my clicking on the pictures below.  I usually enlarge the pictures more by holding down Ctrl and clicking on +.  You can only do this a couple times if you want to keep the names of the paintings visible.  If there is something that I want to comment on, I go back to the regular size after viewing all the paintings..

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 15 Feb 2013 4:57 PM

Sam, Sounds good. Will give it a try.

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 15 Feb 2013 5:08 PM

Sam, Thanks for the generous and kind comment in the Members Gallery.

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 733
Points 12,375
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 15 Feb 2013 10:39 PM

Hi Everyone!  Been a long time and I am behind with my own challenge of doing one picture of month.  As you can see this for the month of January.  I see a lot of errors in the painting but it is either show it to you or throw it away and don't do the January challenge so I am showing you it.  I have learned that each painting I do is only 1 sheet of paper.  

Now on a lighter note I hope each of you are doing well and didn't get the flu or a cold this winter.  I have had both and winter seems to be going on and on.  The weather here is cold and windy and makes me want to move south.  

Take care for now. Joyce

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,967
Points 49,825
Turps245 wrote
on 15 Feb 2013 10:58 PM
Joyce, great to hear from you we have been missing you! Sorry to hear you have been having a rough Winter, but I have seen trees budding this week so the end is in sight!! You have done an excellent job on the old house. It is not an easy reference I know because my version did go in the bin!! You have captured the house and it's surroundings and the whole feel of the place very well. I like the harmonious colours especially the light of the sky. The trees are well done and you have good perspective on the house. So I say well done and in no way should this one go in the bin. Frame it!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 733
Points 12,375
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 16 Feb 2013 1:37 PM

Jen you really are a sweetie, thanks for cc's.  

Joyce

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 16 Feb 2013 2:10 PM

Joyce, this is quit an undertaking for a person who is new to art.  You did a good job.  You did the entire painting in the yellow/green range and it has a lot of harmony.  The perspective is off but it was in the photograph and you painted what you saw.  Good job.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 16 Feb 2013 2:43 PM

Joyce this is very nice the cabin is well done I would be happy with the results

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 16 Feb 2013 7:03 PM

JOYCE - Ditto about harmonious colors; makes it work so well, as well as your style. It's a KEEPER!

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 996
Points 14,495
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 17 Feb 2013 8:26 AM

Hi Joyce, good for you in taking this on. I agree with everyones comments. I really like the lightness of this piece that references the sunny day. Nice work. Hope you are feeling better, we are now in the last half of the winter and for us that means a lot more daylight which helps everyone feel better.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 733
Points 12,375
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 18 Feb 2013 8:53 PM

Thanks everyone for the cc's.  I was getting tire of the last painting.  I don't like the way it turned out  but I am learning with all your help.  Thanks again and now I'm moving on to Feb. challenge.  

Joyce

Page 35 of 36 (540 items) « First ...  < Previous  32 33 34 35 36  Next > | RSS