2013 ALL MEDIA PHOTO CHALLENGE---January #27

This post has 535 Replies | 15 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 949
Points 13,765
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 3 Feb 2013 4:27 PM

Alex, Sam introduced the zentangle with her blue jays. Sheila does a pen tango doodle artwork that we looked at on her blog that are very nice. Sam gave me the information as to the availability of zentangle patterns. Thank you for your comments on my blue jay and I agree it does look much better cropped.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,033
Points 46,100
on 5 Feb 2013 1:22 AM

Bonnie, thanks for the note on who introduced the Zentangle and pen tango on the forum. It would be so easy to get addicted to them! Star

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 5 Feb 2013 6:37 AM

Alex, zentangle is a worldwide art form and you can find tons of info about it online.  Sheila has just chosen to call her own personal doodles pen tangle.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 5 Feb 2013 8:41 PM

Wolf women we would be more than happy to look at your 3d work.  I have posted some myself.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 5 Feb 2013 10:06 PM

Be careful about emailing someone in response to a message like above.  If that person wanted us to see the art work, that person could post it here.  I'm very wary of these sort of thing.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,814
Points 46,840
Turps245 wrote
on 5 Feb 2013 10:23 PM
Yes I was wary of that one too. It came up really weird.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 13 Feb 2013 9:07 AM

6 x 8" 140 lb w/c paper; ptd using rigger off tips of w/c pencils

Sorry so late...tried.

I posted this a few min. ago, but forgot to sign my name - need to get into the habit of signing when I'm done.

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,814
Points 46,840
Turps245 wrote
on 13 Feb 2013 9:43 AM
Kim, this is an excellent painting of Gerri's grandson. He will love it! Best of the lot and such a good likeness. The WC is perfect for it. well done!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 13 Feb 2013 10:35 AM

Kim, I love your impressionistic approach to this and all the colors you used.  This is beautiful and sure to be treasured by Geri and his nephew.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 13 Feb 2013 5:54 PM

Kim I love your painting and when I show it to his mom she will love it too.  You need to post this in the members gallery.  You said that you were going to post this in another forum.  Where do I find this I am curios to what they say? YesYes

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 13 Feb 2013 8:39 PM

Kim, very very nice.   great job.    better late than never......

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,433
Points 20,850
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 14 Feb 2013 9:03 AM

Kim I'm not sure of your process I have never seen WC pencils but the result is just beautiful no matter the medium I love WC but I don't use it much yet

Jim C&C welcomed

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 14 Feb 2013 3:13 PM
JEN, SAM, & MARSHA - Thanks for your kind words. I moved his mouth and nose once only to put it back where it started, re-did his ears, changed his head shape more than once, had fits with his hair, kept changing his eyes - he transformed. Finally had to work on it upside down to get it.  It's probably the best w/c that I've done, so it'll likely be all downhill from here. Your encouraging words meant a lot.

GERI - So glad you liked it! I do hope the mom likes it. I really liked your grandson's expression and just his look of innocence - precious. Reminds me of some farm kids that I know and wish I could clone. Great photo. One suggestion - if he could grow his hair a bit, it would be easier to paint! ;) I never did figure out how to get the look of his hair, but at least he looks good with it in the photo.

Member's gallery...haven't checked that out and not up to speed as far as what it's about. Thought we could only post in one thread for same art. I am still finding my way around this forum.

To answer your ?, I also posted my ptg. at  http://paintdoodles.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=13 (title: Nate with his Goat), tho not nearly as much activity at that site. 

JIM - Thanks! You may enjoy trying some w/c pencils sometime. They appear like colored pencils. Someone's reply in January (maybe the Chatter thread tho? couldn't find it now), did a good job describing many ways to use them. I used the one method she described, which was to take the pigment off the w/c pencil with a wet brush, then apply the paint to the dry or wet paper. So I didn't use them like pencils. I've not done many w/c pencil ptgs. - hated using w/c pencils orig., but am enjoying them now due to their convenience and being able to use with a brush. I can pack them in a pencil case inc. a couple brushes, and pack a cheap wide-mouth water bottle that I dedicated for painting. Pop a small w/c paper and bit of paper towel into my bag, and it's ready to take if planning on waiting in a doctor's office, etc.. Quick to pack up in a few sec. too. Trying to twist your arm to try. :)

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 14 Feb 2013 5:51 PM

JEN, SAM, & MARSHA - Thanks for your kind words. This one took many twists/turns literally since I kept re-dong his hair, moved his nose/mouth only to put it back where it was, re-did his head shape several times, and on & on. Finally had to turn it upside down to get it. It's probably the best w/c that I've done, so it'll likely be all downhill from here.
Encouraging words from you 3, Geri, and Jim means a lot.

GERI - So glad you liked it! I do hope the mom likes it. I really liked your grandson's expression and just his look of innocence - precious. Reminds me of some farm kids that I know and wish I could clone.

Member's gallery...haven't checked that out and not sure what it's purpose is. Thought we could only post in one thread for same art. I am still finding my way around this forum.

To answer your ?, I also posted my ptg. at  http://paintdoodles.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=13 (title: Nate with his Goat), tho not nearly as much activity at that site. 

JIM - Thanks so very much! You may enjoy trying some w/c pencils sometime. I've not done many w/c pencil ptgs. - hated using these orig., but am enjoying them more now due to their convenience and being able to take the pigment off with a brush - using the brush like I would for a w/c ptg.. I can take them in a pencil case inc. a couple brushes with a cheap wide-mouth water bottle that I dedicated for painting. Pop a small w/c paper and bit of paper towel into my bag, and it's ready to take if planning on waiting in a doctor's office, etc.. It can be packed up in a few seconds if I didn't get it too wet. Trying to twist your arm to try. :)

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Page 34 of 36 (536 items) « First ...  < Previous  32 33 34 35 36  Next > | RSS