2013 ALL MEDIA PHOTO CHALLENGE---January #27

This post has 535 Replies | 15 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 59
Points 1,520
jm7445 wrote
on 24 Jan 2013 4:24 PM

NZJen - Love the looseness of the watercolors, great!

Jean M.

Critique and criticism appreciated.Smile

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 24 Jan 2013 5:45 PM

Marsha.... I love the painting of your grandson playing in the pond water. A very nice painting!

Bonnie... Your chicks are great! You've painted them to look so soft and the colors are so warm looking. I like the one leaning towards the ground in front of him/her looking for that imaginary bug. lol

NZJen...The blue in your bluejay is beautiful color! A very nice watercolor painting!

Fred...Is that green cat a wall street runaway? lol

I hope I didn't miss anyone. I went through the posts and I think I saw them all.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,854
Points 47,610
Turps245 wrote
on 24 Jan 2013 6:58 PM

Okay I worked on the Smiley one today and am now finished. His Mum arrives tomorrow with Him and Curley One so hopefully she will be pleased. I notice his nose is off slightly now but I am not changing it. I fiddled with thos darn nostrils for ever!! I think his mouth and eye look better now. What do you think?

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 24 Jan 2013 7:04 PM

Very nice! His eyes are so twinkling and expressive!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 575
NZJen wrote
on 24 Jan 2013 7:58 PM

Jen his mum will love it.  I so know what you mean about noses. It gets to the point where you are not sure what you are seeing any more. I couldnt see anything wrong with it? The nostril would be up with the corner of the mouth turning up?

NZJen

Comments and critiques welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 200
Points 3,665
on 24 Jan 2013 8:34 PM

Jen - Congratulations - I can see that the update really captures those happy smiling eyes.  I can definitely see why the name "Smiley one".  Kinda want to reach out and tweek those cheeks!!! What a treasure!!! 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,446
Points 23,265
Berkenstock wrote
on 24 Jan 2013 8:40 PM

Jen he is a cutey and do did a fine job and Mom won't be disappointed.

Here is my Blue Jay.  It may or may not be done.  The photo looks better than the finished product.  It is acyclic paint on primed Masonite 12 x 16.  Who posted that photo anyway.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,854
Points 47,610
Turps245 wrote
on 24 Jan 2013 9:11 PM
Thanks guys, NZJen yes that was it. I worked for a couple of hours and felt I nailed it so took of the tape and put it up on an easel and then that nostril hit me! Tried to do a couple of corrections and just decided it would not help! It bugs me though. If his Mum were not coming I might try and fix it. Oh well time to move on. GERRI your blueJay turned out really well. It doesn't look like you struggled. He looks good sitting on his perch.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 959
Points 13,935
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 24 Jan 2013 9:18 PM

Thank you everyone for your comments, I had lots of fun with them. 

Sam, I used your suggestion of the Mr. Clean magic eraser and it worked wonderfully but you have to be careful and not rub to hard. Thanks for the tip.

Jen, Smiley One's eyes are much better now. He looks really good and I'm sure his Mom will love the ptg.

Geri, glad to see your blue jay made it to the forum and is not out back in a pile of feathers. He looks great. I like what you did with the wood structure as well.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 25 Jan 2013 5:04 AM

Geri...your bluejay looks great! I really like the way you've shaded his back and the shading on his tail using the blues.The background work has a very wintery and cold feel to it.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 25 Jan 2013 8:14 AM

Bonnie I like your chicks framed shading wouldn't hurt but it looks good as is

NZJen your blue jay looks just great love the WC

Jen Smiley One is just right can't tell anything about the nose from here

Geri great job I really like the way you did the tree and fence

I have been busy elsewhere and am just now catching up on all my posts

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 25 Jan 2013 8:52 AM

Jen, what do I think?  you ask.  I think this is an adorable portrait and his mother will love it.  The eyes sparkle with life and the smile is precious.  You have good skin tones and I love those rosy cheeks.  His mouth looks great and you finished off the corners of the mouth well which isn't always easy to do.  Nice blue background.  You must let us know what your daughter has to say about it.

Geri, nice blues and purples on the blue jay and good job on the stones and wood.       

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,854
Points 47,610
Turps245 wrote
on 25 Jan 2013 1:15 PM
Thanks Sammy, I appreciate your words. I am dashing about doing last minute things and tidying up before they arrive. It will be chaos and a shambles in the first few minute but at least it started out looking nice! I will let you know what Mum thinks.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 59
Points 1,520
jm7445 wrote
on 25 Jan 2013 4:09 PM

Geri - Great job on the blue jay.

Jean M.

Critique and criticism appreciated.Smile

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 25 Jan 2013 6:40 PM

Jen - I'm certain Smiley's mum was thrilled with the portrait. You did an outstanding job.

Geri - Your jay has some nice color variation, as does the snow. Am sure you're glad he's done, but I think it was worth your effort. Some nice texture in the ptg. too. It's been fascinating to see everyone's variety. Thanks for sharing.

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Page 27 of 36 (536 items) « First ...  < Previous  25 26 27 28 29  Next >  ... Last » | RSS