2013 ALL MEDIA PHOTO CHALLENGE---January #27

This post has 535 Replies | 15 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 59
Points 1,520
jm7445 wrote
on 8 Jan 2013 12:07 PM

Bonnie - I really had to think hard about it, it wasn't easy getting the perspective down. I'm still working on the colors, contrast and shadows. I appreciated your input.

Jean M.

Critique and criticism appreciated.Smile

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 8 Jan 2013 12:34 PM

Jean- I'm anxious to see how you put the spider web in.  I think the light pink- brown wash I put over that area yesterday may prevent me from adding anything light now.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 8 Jan 2013 12:50 PM

I think I'll go back in and since the only thing down is that light wash, I'll rewet that entire previously washed and now dried area down with clear water, pull out some of the color around the web area and at the same time drop in my dark shadows while the paper is still wet. That way I may be able to add a web and also have nice soft dark shadows ready to work around. I've already drawn in everything so now it's just a matter of getting this second wash work done. Maybe I can get if finished by the end of the week.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 8 Jan 2013 1:47 PM

Catherine, you've described how you'll do the web so well that I can tell you will pull it off spendidly. Now I just can't wait to see it!

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,438
Points 23,090
Berkenstock wrote
on 8 Jan 2013 2:54 PM

Well I added a little shadow to make it look like they were standing on sand or grit.  I call it done.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 8 Jan 2013 5:16 PM

I thought it was good before but I guess a little shading on the bottom doesn't hurt a thing considering the medium and how it is used, still excellant Geri

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,438
Points 23,090
Berkenstock wrote
on 8 Jan 2013 5:23 PM

Thank you very much sir.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 8 Jan 2013 5:45 PM

Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments.  it was a fun piece.

Geri:  your darling piece is delightful.   You did what I would have done and added the shadows with the same style you did the rest of it..  perfect....  yours too will make a nice nursery gift. 

you  asked me why I put the piece on poiint...  answer:   I get tired of seeing everything squared up on the walls.   I like a variety of sizes and shapes, when this is framed on the diagonal it will add more interest on the wall.  

I did the signs at either end for the feeling of waiting in a line.

SAM: I love the waiting for the school bus thought.....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 8 Jan 2013 9:10 PM

Geri - definitely done and quite exceptional. A round of applause is due.

Marsha - Very clever to put on a diag. for added wall interest. It adds to your unexpected dimension in this ptg.. Though it's a cute and humorous subj., you've put a lot of thought into this. Yes

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 9 Jan 2013 6:43 PM

Just wanted to let you know that I am actually doing something.  I've been experimenting to see if I can do portraits in oil pastels.  This is much more difficult than I expected.  I think if I were working larger, it may be easier.

This is Olivia, my youngest great-granddaughter within her first week of life.  She is just about six months old now.

When completed it will be 8"X12." The support is Colorfix primed matboard using using Rose Grey Colorfix Primer. The oil pastels are Holbein, Sennelier and Caran d'Ache.  I can see that I still have some work to do on her mouth.  Also, I need to tone down her skin tones.   Please tell me if you see anything else.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 110
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 9 Jan 2013 6:56 PM

Oh Sam that is just beautiful! You're such a fantastic artist!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,844
Points 47,395
Turps245 wrote
on 9 Jan 2013 7:10 PM
Sammy it is wonderful. Tiny babies are so hard to do well and you have her perfectly.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,438
Points 23,090
Berkenstock wrote
on 9 Jan 2013 7:15 PM

Sam you make it look so simple.  How much time do you have in the face alone?  YesYes

By the way are you sure your old enough to have a great grand daughter? Wink

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 9 Jan 2013 7:31 PM

Thank you, Catherine, Jen and Geri.  Yes, Geri, I'm sure I'm old enough to have a great granddaughter especially since she is my seventh. 

My husband has been out-of-town since Sunday morning and I've spent a few hours on each of four days to do this face.  The rest of it should be easier, I think.  I may try some portraits with pastels since that can be done in no time.  I just have to find something since my wrist doesn't seem to like me working with colored pencils which is my medium of choice for portraits.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 9 Jan 2013 7:59 PM

Sam - This took my breath away to see how well you did this. Can't wait to see it finished!

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Page 12 of 36 (536 items) « First ...  < Previous  10 11 12 13 14  Next >  ... Last » | RSS