2013 * * * HOSTING SCHEDULE * * * 2013

This post has 23 Replies | 4 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 1 Jan 2013 11:58 AM

Holly, you originally posted the request that artists contact you via Conversation on December 13 and I assumed that you've received all your replies by now.  My concern is that since everything is being done privately, and the schedule isn't complete, what do we do when you disappear again?  It's a frustrating dilemma.

You keep October.  I don't want to do that month and you enjoy doing it although this past October, we went down to the wire before we knew if you were or were not going to do it. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 1 Jan 2013 2:05 PM

Sammy,  I am so-o-o sorry my head got so turned around getting the schedule together - I had kept a list of requests and had your name on it with a "?" beside it for "February and/or March and/or December" but I thought you said to hold off before putting your name on the list to wait to see how it developed.  May, August, and December are still vacant after everyone else has spoken up.  I will go ahead and put you down for December, and if you want May or August let me know.  Marsha has March but I feel sure she would let you have March or trade with you if that is a more convenient month than May or August.

I have revised the "sign up instructiions" to include posting a request here in this threat.  You are right - - it is much better to do it that way 'cause when someone posts here, then the thread pops back up to the top.

The month I disappeared completely was September - and yes, that was an intensely bad month - the only reason I was not hospitalized was because I just flatly refused.  I didn't realize until much later how sick I really was and how bad mu judgement was - - I didn't even think I was sick!  2012 has been mostly a blur for me except for a few good weeks here and there.  I hope I have finally stabilized to my own "normal", now.  I have been doing well for about the last 6 - 8 weeks with only 1 minor set back.  Of course, I can't promise I won't disappear, but I certainly hope I don't get that far down again!  You have been such a savior for the group and a friend to me.  I do apologize sincerely for leaving everyone stranded and blessings to you for picking up the ball and running with it. 

Holly

C & C always welcomed and encouraged.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,860
Points 47,715
Turps245 wrote
on 1 Jan 2013 2:12 PM
Sammy if you want to do February that is fine with me I just want to help out I can just as easily do May or not.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 1 Jan 2013 2:23 PM

Jen, no, I don't need to do February.  Put me down for May and December.  But, of course, if someone else comes along who wants one of those months, give it to them.  Let's just try to get a completed schedule so that we know what we're doing for the year.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 1 Jan 2013 6:24 PM

I will give up March or September if anyone wants to grab it.  I don't have a problem with that at all.   Last year they all sat there and no one took up reins.  amazingly now we have so many new faces  maybe someone else wants to get into the monthly hosting.    Sam this is why I asked you what you wanted first, you have been here the longest and I personally felt you should have the first choices,  I'm a late comer (of course "LATE" is my middle name).  I feel the folks that were around at the beginning of this wonderful site should all be held at high esteem for all that has gone on.    Holly it is hard when we can't get a hold of you via message or post.  we feel like we have to wait for you to make the first move or 'ok' what we do...  I might suggest if any of us have to be away we make a quick post that we won't be around for awhile, then folks won't worry so much. Jen does that and it works.   Or possibly assign Sam to be co- chair so to speak (or whatever you would call it),  as she is so readily available and very involved with each challenge, .   You both are so valuable in your own ways.   we love you both....       I personally feel that Sam and I had so much fun with November and December this year I would like to do it again....  

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 2 Jan 2013 7:28 PM

Holly, don't forget to put Sheila in the August slot.  Marsha and I are both willing to give up a month if someone else wants to host.  We don't want to turn anyone away.  I'm just grateful that the schedule is all filed up.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,860
Points 47,715
Turps245 wrote
on 2 Jan 2013 7:59 PM
I am fine with doing one if some else want to April. In the past we have had to double up for lack of people but I am more than happy to let someone else jump in.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 2 Jan 2013 8:18 PM

Ditto here as well....    If someone else wants March or Sept just speak up.....  not a problem,,, It is exactly as Jen said.   we jumped in last year to pick up the slack.  

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 3 Jan 2013 7:46 AM

(I edited this if you peeked before...I get too wordy and trying to cut down, along with fat grams this New Yr.)

If you need another name, you can keep me in mind.

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS