2013 * * * HOSTING SCHEDULE * * * 2013

This post has 23 Replies | 4 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 13 Dec 2012 6:03 PM

2013  * * *  VOLUNTEER HOSTING SCHEDULE  * * *  2013

ALL MEDIA PHOTO CHALLENGE is where we have all painted together from “afar”  – we’ve learned lots from our own efforts and from each other, and we have all grown, both as artists and as friends.  WHAT MORE COULD WE ASK FOR???

This is a place to give all of us all an opportunity to share our ideas, favorite subject references, create some new ones, and to share our own efforts.  In the spirit of our continuing growth, both artistically and personally, this Hosting Schedule is for any of you who want to participate further by volunteering a little of your time occasionally to host our ALL MEDIA PHOTO CHALLENGE here at Artist Daily for a month (or several) – at your convenience.  (Please be ASSURED that hosting is NOT required to participate!)

Here’s how it will work:

1.      I will keep the hosting schedule current for us and update it periodically in a new post so it will stay apparent to all of us.

2.      You choose the month (or months) that you would like to host and post your request here in this thread or “start a conversation” with me here on Artist Daily and I will put your name on the list for the month you have chosen. 

3.      I will send you a “conversation” to remind you of your chosen month about 2 weeks before your month is scheduled to begin and we will go from there.  Any instructions and or posting assistance will be included in my “reminder conversation”. 

2013 - HOSTING SCHEDULE FOR ALL MEDIA PHOTO CHALLENGE:

January, 2013 – berkenstock (Geri)

February, 2013 – Turp245 (Jen)

March, 2013 – wetpaperfan (Marsha)

April, 2013 – Turp245 (Jen)

May, 2013 – A Gal Named Sam (Sam/Sammy)

June, 2013 – Alexandra Spencer (Alex)

July, 2013 - berkenstock (Geri)

August, 2013 - Sheila Phelps (Sheila)

September, 2013 - wetpaperfan (Marsha)

October, 2013 (THIRD Anniversary Month) – holland2 (Holly)

November, 2013 - wetpaperfan (Marsha)

December, 2013 - A Gal Named Sam (Sam/Sammy)

Holly

C & C always welcomed and encouraged.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 13 Dec 2012 6:08 PM

Marsha - You are going to have to tell me again the two months you said you could host - - I forgot already.  Old age is not for sissies!

Geri - If you want January, just confirm it for me and I'll get it in.

Thanks for giving me a nudge - Sammy nudged me a long time ago and I forgot then, too.  I'll blame it on all these @#%#$%Q# medications - - yeah, that's it.

Holly

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,587
Points 25,530
Berkenstock wrote
on 13 Dec 2012 10:19 PM

holland2:

Geri - If you want January, just confirm it for me and I'll get it in.

I am not particularly wonting Jan. but I will take it if no one else is interested.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,587
Points 25,530
Berkenstock wrote
on 15 Dec 2012 12:11 AM

Well I guess no other suckers members want Jan. so I guess it is officially mine I hope you like what I have .

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 15 Dec 2012 8:20 AM

I feel that it is a privilege to host the Challenge for a month and I did send Holly my choices for 2013 via Conversations as she requested.  I didn't select January, however, since I just did September and November.  I would like to give everyone else a chance.  If there's a problem with January, I'll be glad to do it but I don't want to hog up all the months.

I'm sure that Holly has received other requests and will post them before the year ends. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,587
Points 25,530
Berkenstock wrote
on 15 Dec 2012 9:24 AM

Sam I am sorry about being negative about hosting.  I don't mind hosting I just wish I had more time to think about it and find better pictures.  Being this close to Christmas time seams to disappear.  I have yet to put a tree up and we are having our Christmas next Sat.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 15 Dec 2012 9:37 AM

Geri, so then, don't volunteer for January.  There will be somebody to do it including me, if need be.  I have thousands of photos saved and would just select from them or search Public Domain. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,587
Points 25,530
Berkenstock wrote
on 16 Dec 2012 8:55 AM

Sam you are right as usual.  I again have posted things that have come out different than what my intention was when I posted.  Somebody needs to slap me in the back of the head once in awhile.  I will host J an. and will do the job with pride.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 5:59 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Geri has posted our new Challenge for January, but he got the dreaded "moderator needs to review" message.  I have messaged Courtney but it IS New Year's Eve. - - if she happens to be watching her messages, it will go up - otherwise we may not be able to see it until Wednesday. 

As a matter of information for you all, I do not necessarily have to be the one to contact Courtney - she will come to our rescue regardless of who contacts her.  She is our biggest Cheerleader!!

This is our new volunteer schedule vor 2013 - - hopefully, I have everyone down for the months they said - - if I have made any errors - let me know and I'll fix it.

My New Year's resolution is to get back into the habit of being active here!!! 

Holly

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,052
Points 46,410
on 31 Dec 2012 7:12 PM

Hi Holly, I would be honored to host the photos for June if it is still available.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 7:24 PM

Hi Alex - June it is for you.  I'm so glad you are back with us again.  I have been really bad about keeping up with posting for the last 6 weeks or so (before that I was really feeling so bad that it was all I could do just to keep up with reading everyone's posts).  I have been feeling much better so my excuses are all gone - - I guess I was just being lazy.  I have completed several paintings that I started back in April and I've started one for my step-son.  I'll post them all tomorrow, but I'll get you on the schedule for June right now.

Holly

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,992
Points 50,370
Turps245 wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 9:10 PM
Holly,glad to see you in action again we all miss you when you are gone and if Sammy is going to give up ( of all things) being on the computer for New Year we will need you !!! Only when you are well though. If anyone really has ideas for Febuary I can swap put to May but I just get tied up after that. Gerri you are one crazy guy but we love you. Thanks for starting us out.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,587
Points 25,530
Berkenstock wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 9:27 PM

Turps245:
Gerri you are one crazy guy

Well I guess I have been called wost Jen Wink.  HAVE A FABULOUS NEW YEAR TO YOU AND ALL THE REST OF YOU. I hope when we fall off the cliff that it isn't too high.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 1 Jan 2013 7:04 AM

I'm not sure why I wasn't included in the hosting schedule.  Perhaps I'm too visible and it's time to give other people a chance.  If that's the case, I understand and will be glad to take a back seat and just watch and comment.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 1 Jan 2013 10:10 AM

Happy New Year, Sammy - I left your name off because you said you would wait for everyone else to choose and see what was left,   It certainly wasn't  intended at "ignoring you" - not on your life!!  I love you too much to do tha!  May, August, December - and, actually, you could do October if you would like to do the Anniversary challenge - - I truly think that would be great, and I will take a different month. 

Holly

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS