citic me please

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 80
dogsouls wrote
on 7 Dec 2012 6:31 AM

soo im not really  good with critics Ive got a big ego soo be gentle XD please

and yeah each piece is made with hard work and  dedication  maybe that's why im soo sensitive with my

art :D

also

yeah i tend to work  very quickly like below 30 to  20 mins of work XD that's why their all soo messy

and also i love the messy feel it kinda makes it expressive

and also continued for 5 months and created more than 500 paintings (digital) in 5 tiring months

XD  but i got better in color but not in form and perspective and shadows( i think ) and also composition

maybe i improved or not i don't know

soo i just pick the things that i like

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 80
dogsouls wrote
on 7 Dec 2012 8:14 AM

i felt like posting this a sketch of an old painting

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 150
on 7 Dec 2012 12:25 PM

Personally not a huge fan of any kind of digital art, but this is a fresh spin. Most digital art is super realistic or airbrush like. I really like your unique expressive approach. The touch of humor is nice, but be careful when choosing such harsh colors when compared to the rest of the piece. Contrast is one thing, but you don't want it to look out of place (unless you do...?) Very cool though over all.

Beans, beans, good for your art...

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 80
dogsouls wrote
on 7 Dec 2012 6:22 PM

thanks for the reply XD

yeah i really do try to experiment with lots of  colors :D that's why my colors seem to be out of places been trying different colors all he time

just to tame the color beast ya know but i found colors that i really like the light greens the yellow and yeah i found contrast to be very lively

but i do want to try another method of studying colors what do you suggest

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45
jsavard wrote
on 26 Dec 2012 9:19 AM

Normal 0 false false false EN-CA X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

You have to take your time with pieces or else it looks sloppy and unfinished unless that’s what your aiming for.  I'd be interested to see more of your gesture sketches. The little girl is well done.  As far as studying colors I suggests Itten’s  book “ The element of color.”  It might be hard to  find ( they are not printing any more copies).    Some color  theory exercises I can give you that I  have practiced that  have helped me in my own work  is  composing tints and tones of each  color.  And adding the complimentary colors together to create neutrals.. Do these in scales ( like a grey scale only with  color) By practicing  these  you will learn that  not all   highlights and  shadows are black or white. In fact highlights are mainly composed of tints of red,  yellow and blue.    Mix your  ( even  in digital art) don’t “ paint from the tube” you  will  get a  richer  chroma  if you  mix  the primary colors to create black then  using the black  given.  Try it, you’ll notice a huge difference.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS