This post has 369 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 13 Dec 2012 10:11 PM

I realize that just joking with you

Turps245:
Geri no insult intended just that your card had joined with the others! Such a creative bunch of rogues you all are! Ha, ha!

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 13 Dec 2012 10:15 PM

wetpaperfan:
Geri what color paper did you use? 

It was some dark tan almost the color of kraft paper.  It is some old that I used in school back in the 70's

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 59
Points 1,520
jm7445 wrote
on 14 Dec 2012 9:14 AM

All the beatiful entries everyone had submitted inspired me to create the Bridge in winter. It was done with watercolors on 140# Strathmore watercolor paper 9x12. I think the trees need some work or I need a new brush and less of a heavy hand. I want to wish everyone in the group a Merry Christmas and the Happiest  of New Years.Thank you all for the support and direction you all gave me this past year, your encouragement keeps me going Wink. As always your C&C is welcomed.

Jean M.

Critique and criticism appreciated.Smile

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,821
Points 46,965
Turps245 wrote
on 14 Dec 2012 11:39 AM
Jm, this is really lovely. The sky is that cold waiting of a snowy day with all the subtle reflections of it in the snow and the warm colours of the trees give it some punch. Nice job.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 14 Dec 2012 2:47 PM

jm, this is a delightful winter scene.  Your colors are loose and spontaneous.  I love the looseness of the burnt orange leaves on the trees.  I don't see any problems with your trees.  They look like winter trees to me.  As Jen said, the sky does look like a cold winter day and I also like how it is reflected in the water.  Very nice painting.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 14 Dec 2012 3:30 PM

Jm:   First of all hello....  what is your name?    you have good watercolor technique.  I like the colors and the way you blended them right on the paper.  The colors in the background trees are super,  you have  a reflection that helps to let me know that it is water or ice,  I would recommend you look at the reference photo and see the other reflections on the other side of the bridge as well as the water line on the base of the bridge.  That will help you decipher where the water is .   The photo is a very still or almost frozen pond and makes it very mirror like.  this is quite a challenge.  You are doing a fantastic job with it.

By the way the Bridge is named Monet Bridge...  I thought that fitting.    here is another photo of the bridge from another angle.   

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,037
Points 46,165
on 14 Dec 2012 6:22 PM

Jm7445, a lovely depiction of the bridge in winter. You were true to the limited palette of the photo and yet, like the photo, gave it a soft beauty.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,821
Points 46,965
Turps245 wrote
on 14 Dec 2012 8:49 PM
Alex, I got your sweet card today. Thank you so much. I hope mine made it okay.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Not Ranked
Posts 46
Points 1,340
Paul Darby wrote
on 14 Dec 2012 9:10 PM

Thank you Jen, Sandi , Susan and Sam for all the compliments. I hope my next painting will be better then the last one. I am my worst critic.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 15 Dec 2012 4:05 AM

This is very nice jm. I like how the light is subtle in the background but is more intense and direct on the right side of the bridge. The reflections of the trees are suggestive yet have a personality of their own.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 15 Dec 2012 4:09 AM

Marsha your Christmas card came yesterday! I had not seen that painting on the forum. I really like it! Also, your envelope held up just fine and I think next year I'm going to make my own envelopes too.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 15 Dec 2012 4:36 AM

Thank you Catherine.   I believe it was the November Challenge that we all made our cards from.   

Sandi:  I received your card  today and it was very put together and coming coming down the hill.   I love it.. thanks.

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 15 Dec 2012 4:42 AM

This was quickly put together on a 8.5 x 5.5 Cranson sketch pad with CP.  After I did this I am now thinking I would like to do this one seriously.

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,037
Points 46,165
on 15 Dec 2012 8:25 AM

Marsha, you're right - this picture really lends itself to a serious effort. There are a lot a nuances in the photo with the white-on-white, the shading on the snow, etc. This is a good sketch. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do and what medium you'll use!

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Not Ranked
Posts 47
Points 1,165
Lore9018 wrote
on 15 Dec 2012 8:49 AM

Hello everybody!!! I missed you all!!!

I have this to show you... I've been watching everything you've done and everything is so beautiful and colorful!!! Yes

I don know why there are black points over it, maybe my scanner is a litlle DIRTY hahaha Stick out tongue

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!Left HugRight Hug

Lore

C&C PLEASE!!! Geeked

"... to have been loved so deeply, even thought the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever. It is in your very skin."

Page 15 of 25 (370 items) « First ...  < Previous  13 14 15 16 17  Next >  ... Last » | RSS